Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Speaking of Peterson, I have a team that is crazy deep on RB (Saquon, Gordon, Conner, Thompson, AP, Miller, Gio, Lindsey) but super shallow at WR (Thielen, JuJu, Cole). It's a public league so I'm hampered by having to deal with the three other teams that are active, but am I crazy for thinking about offering Saquon or Gordon and AP for Gurley and John Brown?

Edit: I should clarify that he's been hit by injuries at RB, so I don't think it's outrageous to think that he'd take the slight downgrade from Gurley to one of my guys in order to get another lead back.
That's not crazy at all and could probably work. You've got the right players to offer and if the other owner is hard up for RBs, it's good timing to let him think about it before the maelstrom of bye weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

See you're good bud :)

Great, cause my other option was starting Murray tonight

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mikey Purp posted:

0.5 PPR

My Jay Ajayi and Tyler Lockett for his Davante Adams

My other RBs are Conner, Collins, Ingram and Crowell

My WRs are Nuk, TY Hilton, and Fitzgerald

break your fingers mashing.

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

I know this one is a coin flip but Start 1

Flex spot 1ppr
Will Fuller
Robert woods

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

compton rear end terry posted:

Flex spot 1ppr
Will Fuller
Robert woods

Until Fuller doesn't score touchdowns with Watson, you've got to start him even against the second best pass defense* in the league.

edit:
*In fantasy points allowed to WRs

decypher fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 28, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

compton rear end terry posted:

Flex spot 1ppr
Will Fuller
Robert woods

Fuller

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zauper posted:

Frankly, my guess is he's a sell high candidate. The skins oline isn't exactly miles better than the Saints or Cards last season, where he didn't perform in spite of having a few good games.

Actually it is. A lot better. They just got hit REALLY hard with injuries last year.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

Other RBs on his bench are AP and Sony Michel, his starters are Kareem Hunt or Melvin Gordon.
I want no part of a NE RB and I know I won't get Hunt or Gordon from him, so I guess see if I can get AP?

AP and I’d be fine with Michel. He should at least deliver flex value with room for more.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

decypher posted:

I literally got the notification on my phone last night about Rishard Matthews wanting to be released the exact moment a manager in another division dropped Corey Davis.

It’s not going to matter. Mariota is the anchor sinking all the ships in TEN.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Suave Fedora posted:

AP and I’d be fine with Michel. He should at least deliver flex value with room for more.

I have been informed that he is no longer interested in the Vikes defense. Which, I mean, fine.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

I have been informed that he is no longer interested in the Vikes defense. Which, I mean, fine.

Yeaaah.

I have no reason to hold them on my bench any more. I maaaay consider them during CHI’s Week 6 bye (vs ARI) but it will be from the wire.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Giving up James Conner for Kareem Hunt would be good, right? Alleviates risk and Hunt may be better anyway. Full PPR and Hunt hasn’t been catching any passes this year.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 28, 2018

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Benched Goff in favor of Rivers vs SF
:negative:
Did mange to start him in my other league with Cam on a bye tho

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends. I picked up Goff to replace Jimmy G in both my leagues without asking the thread if I should pick him up over such players as Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan (in one league) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (in another).

I'm pretty happy about that right now.

Also the Vikings defense without Griffen is not going to get much better so until we know when he's coming back I wouldn't hold out hopes for them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends. I picked up Goff to replace Jimmy G in both my leagues without asking the thread if I should pick him up over such players as Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan (in one league) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (in another).

I'm pretty happy about that right now.

Also the Vikings defense without Griffen is not going to get much better so until we know when he's coming back I wouldn't hold out hopes for them.

Yeah I dropped them for Goff last week. Really glad I loving did that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Should I be dropping Luck for Goff? What the hell is going on.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Anyone else you could drop?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

Anyone else you could drop?

My current rosters:

I'm sure there are guys on there I could drop for Goff but having 2 QBs makes me feel like I'm wasting a spot for some reason.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I started Goff :cool: in the lovely public league I joined just to dick around and where I'm 0-3

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Inspector_666 posted:

Yes you should

Luck has been serviceable, still doesn't have the arm strength to air it out and I don't see that increasing a ton this season.

They brought in freaking Jacoby Brisket to throw a hail mary at the end of the game because they weren't sure Luck could get it to the end zone...

Let some other sucker pick up Luck (off name recognition alone) drop their QB and give you serviceable streamers if Goff somehow regresses.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

My current rosters:

I'm sure there are guys on there I could drop for Goff but having 2 QBs makes me feel like I'm wasting a spot for some reason.

No I wouldn't drop any of those guys. Just drop Luck.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Goff's next seven weeks:
@SEA
@DEN
@SF
GB
@NO
SEA
KC

he's gonna feast.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I need to drop someone for a starting defense as I dropped my worthless D for Ingram who was on the WW (lol). I tried doing a 2 for 1 trade but no one trades in this league and now I'm outta time as it takes 2 days to process.
10 team, .5 ppr, start 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Gurley, Collins, Freeman, Ingram, Thompson, Breida
WR: Sanders, Jeffrey, Gordon, Stills, Boyd
TE: Gronk

I would drop Stills but I'm hilariously shallow at WR for a 10 teamer. So either I drop Stills and start Josh Gordon and Boyd, or I drop Breida or one of my QBs. Leaning just dumping Breida. Thoughts?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I need to drop someone for a starting defense as I dropped my worthless D for Ingram who was on the WW (lol). I tried doing a 2 for 1 trade but no one trades in this league and now I'm outta time as it takes 2 days to process.
10 team, .5 ppr, start 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

QB: Wentz, Luck
RB: Gurley, Collins, Freeman, Ingram, Thompson, Breida
WR: Sanders, Jeffrey, Gordon, Stills, Boyd
TE: Gronk

I would drop Stills but I'm hilariously shallow at WR for a 10 teamer. So either I drop Stills and start Josh Gordon and Boyd, or I drop Breida or one of my QBs. Leaning just dumping Breida. Thoughts?

Dump Luck since it's a 10 teamer...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Edit:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
:argh:

Why not just dump Luck?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Ah yeah I guess Lucks value has took a hit. I'll dump him, thanks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Alfalfa posted:

Yes you should

Luck has been serviceable, still doesn't have the arm strength to air it out and I don't see that increasing a ton this season.

They brought in freaking Jacoby Brisket to throw a hail mary at the end of the game because they weren't sure Luck could get it to the end zone...

Let some other sucker pick up Luck (off name recognition alone) drop their QB and give you serviceable streamers if Goff somehow regresses.

pubic works project posted:

No I wouldn't drop any of those guys. Just drop Luck.

Goff isn't available in one of the leagues, would you take Big Ben over Luck at this point?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

BBen has been pretty good the last two weeks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
why did people expect Luck to be good after 2 years of IR for a bad throwing shoulder?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

why did people expect Luck to be good after 2 years of IR for a bad throwing shoulder?

Hope.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

The same reason I drafted and continue to hold Josh Gordon in two leagues.

I am a foolish man.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Wrong thread

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 28, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I kind of expected this t be honest but the Fantasy Football Experts all seemed to be high on him and it's not like I know anything about football.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

To be fair, Luck hasn't looked terrible. He just doesn't seem otherworldly and he doesn't seem able to overcome his teams deficiencies like he used to.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Team A gets

Nuk Hopkins
Kenyan Drake
Rishard Matthews

Team B gets

TY Hilton
Alex Collins
Chris Hogan

0.5 PPR. Who wins?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ Team A

Nuk > TY
Drake > Collins
Hogan is about to be washed out with Edelman and Gordon

Does it piss off anyone else when you propose a trade and the other team just sits on it? Doesn't accept. Doesn't reject. Doesn't do...anything...annoys the piss outta me :argh:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ZIGfried posted:

Team A gets

Nuk Hopkins
Kenyan Drake
Rishard Matthews

Team B gets

TY Hilton
Alex Collins
Chris Hogan

0.5 PPR. Who wins?

Even with Rishard not having a team right now, Team A. Hopkins > TY. Drake and Collins is a wash. Same with Rishard and Hogan.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lot of garbage in that trade. I vote for the team that gets Nuk.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

^ Team A

Nuk > TY
Drake > Collins
Hogan is about to be washed out with Edelman and Gordon

Does it piss off anyone else when you propose a trade and the other team just sits on it? Doesn't accept. Doesn't reject. Doesn't do...anything...annoys the piss outta me :argh:

Yeah I threw out a bunch of 2 for 1s that were pretty generous since I needed to clear room and no one even responded :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Yeah I threw out a bunch of 2 for 1s that were pretty generous since I needed to clear room and no one even responded :(

So frustrating! AT LEAST HAVE THE DIGNITY TO RESPOND, JIM!