Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Alas, such is the cost of participating in The Most Effective System™ - NKS has literally drained me of all hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dude with the word "Democracy" literally etched into his flesh in Arabic:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Don't get tattoos you'll end up regretting later in life

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I just learned that this picture

from a protest against the ban features a "dialogue officer". So that's a thing now. :lol:

Also, Count Marcus Knuth of Venstre, whose grandpa was a nazi collaborator, wants the cop investigated.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Also, Count Marcus Knuth of Venstre, whose grandpa was a nazi collaborator, wants the cop investigated.

You guys hosed up when you didn't abolish nobility like we did.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Guillotine.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
"Nazi, racist, racists, dumb, fascists." - A thread voted into the brown. Weird.

A friendly reminder to check your DK politicians this next Tuesday (I think it is), for who has the moral back bone to vote for protecting male children against circumcision and who will abstain or vote against it, for economic/diplomatic or ideological reasons. The rot here isn't limited to any political side of the Folketinget. In a chocking turn of events, it seems the left wing comes out on top morally this time, with both Ø and SF saying their entire groups will vote for minimum age for circumcision.

Link: https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/folketinget-kan-aabne-med-afstemning-om-omskaeringsforbud
How they say they will vote: https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/overblik-det-mener-folketingets-9-partier-om-forbud-mod-omskaering-af-drenge

Ok right, off to central Sweden to hunt wild boar with a bunch of nobles. Have a good one!

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Rnr posted:

Ok right, off to central Sweden to hunt wild boar with a bunch of nobles. Have a good one!

I thought hunting boar was real lovely due to the boars mostly being active at night, easily scared and the meat potentially tasting foul due to pig testosterone. Or is this more of a rig traps and shoot the whole family at once/pest control?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Zudgemud posted:

Or is this more of a rig traps and shoot the whole family at once/pest control?
That's one way to solve the nobles issue!

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
https://www.expressen.se/debatt/elitorganisationen-som-annie-loof-talar-tyst-om/

loving HYPED to have neocon stooges in positions of power

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rnr posted:

"Nazi, racist, racists, dumb, fascists." - A thread voted into the brown.

I suppose you'll want it deported to the gas chamber now.

Try not to get your hoity-toity friends Baratheoned, would be a shame to lose men of such good stock.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Zudgemud posted:

I thought hunting boar was real lovely due to the boars mostly being active at night, easily scared and the meat potentially tasting foul due to pig testosterone. Or is this more of a rig traps and shoot the whole family at once/pest control?

My neighbor hunts boar at night and the meat tastes delicious!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's only real boar hunting if you do it with a spear.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Eh I bought boar ham at the store for Christmas last year. It was the size of a fist, cost like 300kr and tasted pretty meh.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Boar is fine

Hunting for meat, too, is fine

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Na ban all hunters as punishment for them always being dicks about wolves.

The last time a wild wolf killed a human in Sweden was "probably" in the 1750s. Hunters don't give a poo poo about people. They just want to be able to hunt with dogs running around free in the woods.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Zudgemud posted:

Boar are assholes, but the meat isn't bad.

It's slightly annoying that you have to test the meat for trichinella before you can eat it, but it's cheap and you want to hang the meat for a while anyway so waiting for the result isn't a big deal.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Boar stew is hellagood.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody wanna buy a boar fence?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Biomute posted:

Boar stew is hellagood.

boar ribs are v nice too :yum:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Guys, remember to post all your Russian influencer material before Søren Pape puts you in prison for 12 years. :ohdear:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
WTF happened in Kastrup on Friday with the stolen car and Politiet shutting down the E20, DSB shutting the trains and all the Sjaelland ferries stopping?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Some royal was kidnapped.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Olsen Banden stole the crown jewels.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
China 1 - 0 Sweden

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rust Martialis posted:

WTF happened in Kastrup on Friday with the stolen car and Politiet shutting down the E20, DSB shutting the trains and all the Sjaelland ferries stopping?

Someone drove suspiciously in a stolen car near a person or persons belonging to a group that PET consider under imminent threat.

Edit: One of the suspects contacted the police via their lawyer. They had fled because they were high and had no license.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 29, 2018

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lima posted:

Olsen Banden stole the crown jewels.
They stole the ashes of Prince Henrik.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

The last time a wild wolf killed a human in Sweden was "probably" in the 1750s. Hunters don't give a poo poo about people. They just want to be able to hunt with dogs running around free in the woods.

:quiteracist:

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

2012 -Kolmården was the last time no?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MRLOLAST posted:

2012 -Kolmården was the last time no?

I'm not sure wolves raised in a pen at a zoo really fits the definition of a wild wolf though...

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zudgemud posted:

I'm not sure wolves raised in a pen at a zoo really fits the definition of a wild wolf though...

Yeah.

Before that somewhere in the mid 1800s a forest warden collected some wild wolf puppies and gave them as a gift to a local lords children. Once the pups grew up they killed one of the kids, which again I wouldn't count as a wild wolf attack.

Once we get into the mid 1700s we got a bunch of wolf attacks because people were actively living, working and hunting in the woods with the wolves. Even then it's a ton of "soldier in X village went missing so probably eaten by wolf or whatever"

The human mortality rate to wolves is actually kind of silly small when you consider how much effort we put into trying to get ourselves and our kids eaten. It's almost as if the wolves are the ones doing all the real work to prevent an incident :v:

Meanwhile hunters kill one to two people and injure around 500 people every year but they want to protect us from the wolves.

Katt fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 30, 2018

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Yeah.

Before that somewhere in the mid 1800s a forest warden collected some wild wolf puppies and gave them as a gift to a local lords children. Once the pups grew up they killed one of the kids, which again I wouldn't count as a wild wolf attack.

Once we get into the mid 1700s we got a bunch of wolf attacks because people were actively living, working and hunting in the woods with the wolves. Even then it's a ton of "soldier in X village went missing so probably eaten by wolf or whatever"

The human mortality rate to wolves is actually kind of silly small when you consider how much effort we put into trying to get ourselves and our kids eaten. It's almost as if the wolves are the ones doing all the real work to prevent an incident :v:

Meanwhile hunters kill one to two people and injure around 500 people every year but they want to protect us from the wolves.

In my experience it's not necessarily hunters that want to get rid of the wolves (most don't seem to care) but people living in rural areas that don't feel safe knowing that there are wolves in the woods where they walk with their dog/kids/grandparents etc. I mean the hypocrisy of many city dwellers is painfully obvious when some big city suburb flip their poo poo about a single wolf being sighted in their municipality, and great effort is made to track down and relocate or kill that single wolf.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's only fair to give Southern Jutland to the wolves, IMO.

Noshtane
Nov 22, 2007

The fish itself incites to deeds of hunger

Zudgemud posted:

In my experience it's not necessarily hunters that want to get rid of the wolves (most don't seem to care) but people living in rural areas that don't feel safe knowing that there are wolves in the woods where they walk with their dog/kids/grandparents etc. I mean the hypocrisy of many city dwellers is painfully obvious when some big city suburb flip their poo poo about a single wolf being sighted in their municipality, and great effort is made to track down and relocate or kill that single wolf.

Hunters care a great deal about the wolf issue, to the exclusion of many more important issues. It is annoying as gently caress that a relative non-issue as the wolves get all the attention while things such as the non functional gun licensing system, the moose conflict with the forest industry, the conflicts with anti hunting groups or any of the other more important issues get little to no attention at all.

The poll in Svensk Jakt puts the wolf at 42% as the most important issue for the next government to deal with. The next biggest at 23% is the gun laws, something that destroys hunting shops throughout rural Sweden, has costed hunters tons of money and ruined hunting seasons for god knows how many hunters with endless waiting times for licenses.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
To be fair the 400 or so wolves I'm Sweden do kill something like 8000 moose a year for better and for worse.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

MRLOLAST posted:

To be fair the 400 or so wolves I'm Sweden do kill something like 8000 moose a year for better and for worse.

Hunters kill 100.000 moose every season. And we still have too many of the fuckers wreaking all reforesting that is not spruce.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Noshtane posted:

the moose conflict

This is the most Swedish combination of words I have ever read.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Zudgemud posted:

In my experience it's not necessarily hunters that want to get rid of the wolves (most don't seem to care)
My dude have you talked to a swedish hunter at all, ever? They're loving obsessed with the things.

Noshtane
Nov 22, 2007

The fish itself incites to deeds of hunger
The wolf has been ascribed an almost mythological status, like a half demon, roaming the forest, killing, moose, dogs, children and hunters alike. Even up here in the parts of Västerbotten where there hasn't been a wolf for over a decade, hunters spend the better part of every break in the hunt discussing how bad the wolf is and how bad we need to exterminate them.

It's extra fun to hear people hate on wolves when hunting boar seeing how dangerous boars are to the dogs and it's especially delicious when there are dog owners present who refuse to equip their dogs with stab proof vests because "the dog needs to learn to stay away from the tusks".

Having to listen to the lovely opinions of your average hunter is a a big part of why I gave up moose for bird hunting, up in the mountains I don't have to listen to their poo poo at every fika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

Zudgemud posted:

Lots of good hunting posts above about the meat. This weekend's hunt was night hunting, sitting in a blind at a feeding area. It is indeed a mostly lovely thing when done in that manner. I did counter balance it with 3 hours of solo stalking for deer in the woods today though, which was a lot more enjoyable.
There is a very good hunting thread here on sa, if there are hunters who missed that.

e: not on phone now, added link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474554

Rnr fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 30, 2018