Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

theinfantprodigy posted:

I'm honestly in shock. This is amazing.

Thanks for showing up! It was nice to see Limm off on a high note. We were a lil worried when we had the sword made that no one would see it but us. Here's a video of the event for everyone who didn't make it out.
https://twitter.com/SandyPugGames/status/1043618349270339584

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
That's amazing. The knife, and also the cupcakes. The whole drat thing.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Dude orc stabr will go down as a legend.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
If you dig 1920s Shanghai and Cthulhu, this might be of interest to you: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918458549/the-sassoon-files

Horror in the Pearl of the East! The Sassoon Files will be a set of scenarios and campaign resources for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and GUMSHOE role-playing games (RPGs) set in historical 1920s Shanghai; an international city of intrigue, espionage, style and violence.

Victor Sassoon, a preeminent bon vivant, has found himself trading correspondence with Doctor Henry Armitage. They share a common goal and a common modus operandi. Victor fights to keep his empire safe, but he also fights for a Shanghai free from Mythos influence. Victor has gathered around him professors, detectives, muscles, guns, criminals and other problem solvers to mount a defense against a rising tide. Victor is your hook.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Orc Stabr is the best Kickstarter in history. I'm not sure there's even competition.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Finally received my copy of ORC STABR, and even better, it was PIRATE-THEMED! Best Kickstarter ever.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

You're killing it Nesbit!

I have a question; Americana is going to launch in a short while, and I'm doing a final look over of the options I've picked. I'm going with PoD coupons for the book and I wanted to see what peoples thoughts about that is. For anyone who doesn't know, this is where you pay a chunk of the cost at the KS, get a coupon and order the book at printing cost from DriveThru directly.

The up shoot of this is that it's cheaper for me and for the people buying it - if I used offset, standard model shipping the books would be $40~, rather than the $30~ they're estimated right now. It also makes the goal smaller, and frankly is basically the only practical way I could do the project.

The downsides is that it "feels" a bit weird and convoluted, but plenty of successful KSs are using this model so maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Anyway here's the cover for the game, we're hoping to launch October 1st!

I've gotten several games this way, and have zero complaints. DTRPG was fine to work with, and the quality of the book is excellent.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I just got a note asking me to confirm my address for delivery of a physical copy of The Glass-maker's Dragon. Can it be true? Is one of my two big all-in projects about to finish delivering?

(The other was City-State of the Invincible Overlord, and I don't expect to ever get that.)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Got my Legacy 2e deluxe edition and it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately the posters — also gorgeous — were folded in a box so they aren’t really usable. Only £4 each, so I’m not really that upset, but a bit of a waste.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tell Limm his ORC STABR made it all the way to the antipodes

Got a bottom half, so not quite sure what the theme is

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Subjunctive posted:

Got my Legacy 2e deluxe edition and it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately the posters — also gorgeous — were folded in a box so they aren’t really usable. Only £4 each, so I’m not really that upset, but a bit of a waste.

Yeah, sorry about that. The posters are probably my biggest regret with the campaign - it turns out I offered them to people without really working through
how they'd be fulfilled. Now that DriveThruRPG are selling posters I'll likely do future KS posters directly through them.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

atholbrose posted:

I just got a note asking me to confirm my address for delivery of a physical copy of The Glass-maker's Dragon. Can it be true? Is one of my two big all-in projects about to finish delivering?

(The other was City-State of the Invincible Overlord, and I don't expect to ever get that.)

I got my physical copies of both Cairn and Alas Vegas, so miracles do happen.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Flavivirus posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. The posters are probably my biggest regret with the campaign - it turns out I offered them to people without really working through
how they'd be fulfilled. Now that DriveThruRPG are selling posters I'll likely do future KS posters directly through them.

If you do posters through DTRPG, definitely post! I could get away with hanging these where actual people can see them. (The art in the book and postcards are also so so good.)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Tell Limm his ORC STABR made it all the way to the antipodes

Got a bottom half, so not quite sure what the theme is

Iirc it was kind of a playing card thing, king of heartsish. I'll see if anyone on the team remembers better what the top half might have been.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Iirc it was kind of a playing card thing, king of heartsish. I'll see if anyone on the team remembers better what the top half might have been.

Did you not capture all the variants the team made?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I did my best and got a fair number of them, but literally every single copy is entirely unique, it just wasn't super practical to get a picture of every single one, and at one point a stack got torn in half before they were photographed. Everyone took pictures of their faves and I went through the stack a couple of times. I'm going to post a gallery of the best ones at some point I think.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wish you’d had a camera crew.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I know loads have people have said it already, but Orc Stabr really has been the best Kickstarter ever.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Seriously. I'm thinking of having my half-sheet framed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think mine got lost in the mail, since I moved just after the Kickstarter and the Post Office redirect may or may not have kicked in.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Orc Stabr is the weirdest most vintage SA thing ever

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I think mine got lost in the mail, since I moved just after the Kickstarter and the Post Office redirect may or may not have kicked in.

Email me at SandyPugGames@gmail.com. We'll get you sorted.

also thank you all very much, you're all really too kind and it was rad of you all to enable this daft idea.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Killer Rabbits, no affiliation

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I almost ignored that, half expecting a tired Monty Python reference.

Instead, it's awesome.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't even play minis games and I think I might need these, just to colonize a bookshelf.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Heh, if anything, they look like they'd be good enemies to pair against the recent Dungeons & Doggies miniature characters.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Speaking of Rabbits, the reboot of Bunnies & Burrows went up on KS a couple days ago. I'm torn on it only because Bill Webb owns Frog God, but the game is pretty important for gaming history and the original creators are involved with the project.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Man, I don't want to buy this. I don't want to buy a Beastmen Age of Sigmar army and use the rabbits as base decorations like Nurglings.

But I guess I gotta do it :(

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Do you like you some Judge Dredd? I don't RPG any more, but this might interest you guys:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/judge-dredd-and-the-worlds-of-2000-ad-roleplaying

Funded in 9 minutes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Do you like you some Judge Dredd? I don't RPG any more, but this might interest you guys:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/judge-dredd-and-the-worlds-of-2000-ad-roleplaying

Funded in 9 minutes.

Using the ENWorld guy's painfully dull looking OLD is NEW system to boot.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

Using the ENWorld guy's painfully dull looking OLD is NEW system to boot.
What mechanics went into that system? All I remember hearing about it were its author and overwrought name.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

NGDBSS posted:

What mechanics went into that system? All I remember hearing about it were its author and overwrought name.
I backed that kickstarter at the $1 level and for some reason was sent all the PDFs anyways. It's most reminiscent of the old WEG Star Wars d6, but mechanically crunchier (and proud of it, too).

So yeah, Xd6 dice pools, add 'em up.

The books' production values look good, but I can't say I've dug into it much, because it's kinda the opposite of what I'm interested in nowadays.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Bee Lives just hit its 2nd stretch goal, also revealing the next 2...

Next up is something we've had several people ask for, four sided dice that actually roll! A lot of people don't like four sided dice. They just kind of plop down when you roll them making them somewhat easy to cheat with. They are also the most painful of dice to step on. To fix this we are having twelve sided dice made with only four different numbers so they behave as four sided dice. This requires the manufacturer to make a special mold for us. When done we'll have something fairly unique added to Bee Lives and some D4's that actually roll!

Following the dice upgrade is another component upgrade. With this one all of the cards and box will also have a linen finish.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That's...a shockingly unique die. Can you put little bees on it instead of 1's or something? :v:

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

silvergoose posted:

That's...a shockingly unique die. Can you put little bees on it instead of 1's or something? :v:

Probably! They have to make the mold custom for us regardless so I imagine we can do whatever we want without changing the cost. Good idea.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

nesbit37 posted:

Probably! They have to make the mold custom for us regardless so I imagine we can do whatever we want without changing the cost. Good idea.

Yeah just thinking, don't make it harder to read, but a single bee instead of the 1's would probably tickle people the right way when playing. :unsmith:

I also hate d4's and think they are like LEGO(tm) blocks and dungeon lords imps. Very prickly.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I think I've seen twelve sided d4ipodes in the past

It's probably worth a quick check to see if they exist to avoid tooling costs

Edit: yes, looks like Chessex make them along with various others. You can also get eight sided ones too

Mojo Jojo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 28, 2018

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

silvergoose posted:

Yeah just thinking, don't make it harder to read, but a single bee instead of the 1's would probably tickle people the right way when playing. :unsmith:

I also hate d4's and think they are like LEGO(tm) blocks and dungeon lords imps. Very prickly.

Yeah d12 as d4's are a fairly common idea. Even Root uses a pair of them (except they're numbered 0-3 instead of 1-4).

They're neat, though I'm still fond of caltrops.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
They exist, but China isn't ordering them from chessex, they have to make them themself and they dont have a mold for them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

d4 is a Platonic plague on gaming