Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

A TALE OF SWORDS AND SOULS FROM THE AGE OF HISTORY ETERNALLY RETOLD TRANSCENDING HISTORY AND THE WORLD AND HISTORY

this, but eternally retold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I watched this and feel adequately educated about the KH series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1ieehttdA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Saint Freak posted:

A TALE OF SWORDS AND SOULS FROM THE AGE OF HISTORY ETERNALLY RETOLD TRANSCENDING HISTORY AND THE WORLD AND HISTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtF80UCgarY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Illegal uncensored version

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I miss Monster Factory :(

Maybe there will be a Network Test for it this weekend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

October Network Test Chat.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Help Im Alive posted:

Do they have anything other than the yahtzee guy

The Colonel posted:

no don't worry they still have their journalistic integrity

Help Im Alive posted:

Do they have anything other than the yahtzee guy

no i mean literally check the site. it's been unresponsive for a few days and now it's just a placeholder

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/

:rip:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I replayed the samurai dude in soul edge like 30 times and could never figure out how to dodge that rear end in a top hat with the pistol in the ending. And that game's singleplayer was hard bullshit with fights against invincible enemies you have to ring out or your weapon has half durability AAAARGH.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

richard now's your chance to get yahtzee back!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

between pistol guy in soul edge and pistol guy in bushido blade I now understand why japan hates guns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

between pistol guy in soul edge and pistol guy in bushido blade I now understand why japan hates guns

Gunblades are back, bay-bee!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUM6dXvRk4

Edit: In Shogun II Total War I always quick-teched to guns and it owned

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Rex-Goliath posted:

no i mean literally check the site. it's been unresponsive for a few days and now it's just a placeholder

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/

:rip:

Seems they're renovating the website and broke something while doing so.

https://twitter.com/EscapistMag/status/1045679245048127489

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

I won’t look into it because life’s too short, but I bet Yahtzee has poo poo politics.

He's ripped the poo poo out of Brexit/Trump/capitalism in a bunch of videos so I think he's generally pretty all right with those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

McDragon posted:

they should test the character creator too so we can make some sexy skeletons

SNK has you covered

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Did that game turn out as bad as it looked? Better or worse than Blade Strangers?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

axelblaze posted:

Did that game turn out as bad as it looked? Better or worse than Blade Strangers?

It plays like straight garbage, chugs like a motherfucker, and is creepy as hell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I watched the best friends play it and it looks fundamentally broken.

Also the hit sparks are these really annoying trash poo poo that looks like people explode into garbage on any hit.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's incredibly terrible

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In Training posted:

SNK has you covered

"Sir we've run out of females for our SNK Heroines game"
"Well just gender swap one of our popular male characters instead of creating a brand new one, we are literally scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it is with a titty fighter beat em up"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It only uses two buttons, right? It seems like they're trying to make a game to appeal to the "casual" crowd. But as a casual fighting game fan, if I'm going to play something I'd much rather button mash in a flashy, satisfying game like Dragon Ball Fighterz than play this poo poo.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Infinitum posted:

"Well just gender swap one of our popular male characters instead of creating a brand new one, we are literally scrapping the bottom of the barrel as it is with a titty fighter beat em up"

enough about terry bogard though, who's the skeleton

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

It only uses two buttons, right? It seems like they're trying to make a game to appeal to the "casual" crowd. But as a casual fighting game fan, if I'm going to play something I'd much rather button mash in a flashy, satisfying game like Dragon Ball Fighterz than play this poo poo.

yeah uh i don't think they made the game to appeal to the fighting game crowd, casual or otherwise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Skullomania is a guest character, he's an Arika character.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

SNK has you covered

Okay but this owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

It plays like straight garbage, chugs like a motherfucker, and is creepy as hell.

It only chugs on switch, which had an outsourced port and runs like crap on TV mode but not portable, or the other way around. I forget.

Anyway Heroines sucks rear end, it's worse than Blade strangers. It's a fighting game with no lows or overheads, so there's no way to mix people up besides tick throws and using items. It's a weird unique system but I didn't really like playing it at all, and it looks like dogshit to boot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Skullomania is a guest character, he's an Arika character.

*she

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The SFV of fighting games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's like KOF and Smash had a baby and then they genderswapped the baby at age 17 and gave it huge tits.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Infinitum posted:

:laffo: there are only 13 women in the game + terry, they have so many more

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

It's like KOF and Smash had a baby and then they genderswapped the baby at age 17 and gave it huge tits.

The bowsette of fighting games

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

lets hang out posted:

:laffo: there are only 13 women in the game + terry, they have so many more

Yeah, really the first sign of trouble, even more so than the fan service, was how anemic the line up was when they have SO MANY characters to draw from.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/ninpoapipipi/status/1045639196231098368

In the official art book there's art of a scrapped plot point of Bowser having a Cappy of his own. Judging by the thread title I want that to just sit with you for a moment.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

If only I did not have to go to work at this time, when the Soul Calibur 6 network test has started.

"The PlayStation Three Has Been Hacked No Matter Which Firmware You Are On"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/ninpoapipipi/status/1045639196231098368

In the official art book there's art of a scrapped plot point of Bowser having a Cappy of his own. Judging by the thread title I want that to just sit with you for a moment.

God damnit, that would have been AMAZING

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Final boss fight: Mario possessing Bowser vs Bowser possessing Peach.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Final boss fight: Mario possessing Bowser vs Bowser possessing Peach.

OR Mario possessing Bowser vs Bowser possessing Mario

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

axelblaze posted:

OR Mario possessing Bowser vs Bowser possessing Mario

Dragon Ball Z has already established the outcome of this fight. Bowser would technically have the potential for victory what with being in Mario's body, but would be unable to take full advantage of Mario's incredible power-level.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm imagining a fight where you play Bowser and you have to prevent Mario from getting to the Bridge axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

as long as he has his side b and dropkick from super smash brothers

• Locked thread