Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For reals, though: She's the best.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

gamers was a pretty decent anime though

:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh cool our mod's found another relationship involving two women to be weird and dismissive about, how badass. The show literally ends with the idol and the MC making out dude, lol.

klapman posted:

Alright, looks like I'm back on board. The show's at its strongest when it's showing how genuinely hosed up the SAO survivors are, and after six episodes of GGO I assumed they were just kinda done with that.
The Gun Gale arc in the main novels actually has a bit of that with the villain, yeah, and there actually is kind of an interesting quibble between how Sinon and Kirito relate to each other due to their own baggage, since Sinon's issues are kind of relevant to Kirito's SAO damage. Honestly Sinon is a much better romantic option for Kirito than Asuna, they have a lot more natural chemistry. The Excalibur arc has nothing to do with the SAO stuff but it's a fun little mini adventure, and Mother's Rosario is a bit melodramatic but the new character is really good and as much as it's become a dumb punchline because 'SAO bad' it actually handles AIDS really well, and I like that they give the girl you're supposed to feel bad for an actual real life disease with real world consequences instead of 'sad anime disease' where she's perfectly normal and happy until she keels over dead in the second to last episode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I watched an old rear end show by gonzo named speed grapher with a bunch of drunk friends and let me tell you, I wouldn't have been able to watch it without the alcohol or friends. All I remember about the show was a scene where one of the characters was kidnapped by a serial murderer that would amputate the legs of his victims to collect them and all the scenes that made it look like she was seriously hosed only to have her grab the dude with her thighs and break his neck. We were all loving plastered screaming "Oh no! Oh no please YES YES YES"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

klapman posted:

At one point you can go on a date with one of the girls, and there's a choice of movies. Standard horror, action, romance, etc, but there's also what is basically a movie for preschoolers. If you pick it the protagonist is hooting and hollering in the theater, screaming and having an incredible time, as the girl sits there staring into the screen with a completely vacant expression.

lmfao

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I watched an old rear end show by gonzo named speed grapher with a bunch of drunk friends and let me tell you, I wouldn't have been able to watch it without the alcohol or friends. All I remember about the show was a scene where one of the characters was kidnapped by a serial murderer that would amputate the legs of his victims to collect them and all the scenes that made it look like she was seriously hosed only to have her grab the dude with her thighs and break his neck. We were all loving plastered screaming "Oh no! Oh no please YES YES YES"
Speed Grapher has one of the best endings in anime: the antagonist gathers most of the world's money supply in a literal giant pile of cash in his headquarters in downtown Tokyo, which an American warship unwittingly blows up with cruise missiles to kill him because he's betrayed the corrupt global elite, causing a global financial collapse.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 27, 2018

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

Mother's Rosario is a bit melodramatic but the new character is really good and as much as it's become a dumb punchline because 'SAO bad' it actually handles AIDS really well, and I like that they give the girl you're supposed to feel bad for an actual real life disease with real world consequences instead of 'sad anime disease' where she's perfectly normal and happy until she keels over dead in the second to last episode.

Not just that, but VR is being used for actual real-world palliative therapy experiments and likely has a future in that. The tech in SAO is obviously science fiction and might not ever be possible, but IMO it offers a good window into future treatment and care for the terminally ill.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

oh cool our mod's found another relationship involving two women to be weird and dismissive about, how badass. The show literally ends with the idol and the MC making out dude, lol.
That was a piss poor choice of words on my end and I'm sorry for that coming out wrong. It's not so much the two women relationship thing that bothers me (which it doesn't; at all) so much as the fact that (heavy spoilers for the show/novels) Elsa/Pitohui is rock-gently caress insane. Like, borderline Laughing Coffin/Death Gun murder-happy, and she was genuinely saddened and inconsolable due to the fact that she missed out her chance to kill people/get killed in Aincrad. And Gosho's main fear is not so much that he's going to die, but that if he gets killed, he cannot enable/sorta protect Elsa anymore. That's where I was coming from. Not so much on the Karen/Elsa relationship as portrayed in the anime , though that too sours somewhat in the novels due to Elsa herself.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Reki Kawahara is constantly growing as an author and as he does his stories and characters improve, and I'm glad to be able to enjoy the adventure.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:agreed:

I still kinda wish that the GGO anime had pruned a couple of things here and there, but I think that, as the story moves further away from the Aincrad story arc, you can see Kawahara try to change things for the better.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Endorph posted:

oh cool our mod's found another relationship involving two women to be weird and dismissive about

Questionable relationship dynamics definitely aren't confined to cishets.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ranzear posted:

Questionable relationship dynamics definitely aren't confined to cishets.
wow thanks for this insight confucius

Wark Say posted:

:agreed:

I still kinda wish that the GGO anime had pruned a couple of things here and there, but I think that, as the story moves further away from the Aincrad story arc, you can see Kawahara try to change things for the better.
the progressive novels are real good, too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the progressive novels are real good, too
I kinda want to get into the Progressive novels at some point, but I know that Kawahara is going for the slow burn on those, so I'd rather just wait until he's done with them before jumping into them.

e: Ir spellz gud

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fleshed out Progressive Asuna is excellent and I hope we get some animated someday.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Lzy4elYg

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
"I wish that the next Berserk adaptation isn't CG."

A finger curls on the Monkey's Paw.

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1045478868428120067?s=19

no, it's just an advrtisement

Julias fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Sep 28, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eupho finale film on April 19th. All the staff from the TV series(es) are back.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

what the gently caress!!!!!!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

why is there a boy there...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

can we please not do this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I skipped season 2 and the season 2 thread so just give me a moment.... moment over okay

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shuichi was in season one too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It always warms my heart to see a totally radical bro-fist. :3:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

I skipped season 2 and the season 2 thread so just give me a moment.... moment over okay

watch season 2, its incredible

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
thank you, I could not remember his name

hello shuichi

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Obvious watches: JoJo because JoJo, SAO because if it's as good as the last arc of season 2 I'll genuinely enjoy it and if it's closer to season 1 that's fine too because I love a good trainwreck.
Gonna give a shot to: Radiant, because the setting and character designs looked cool, RELEASE THE SPYCE because the PV kind of gave me Princess Principal vibes and also it's named RELEASE THE SPYCE.
Might check out if I hear good stuff: RErideD, wasn't immediately interested by the synopsis or PV but hey maybe it'll be good, and Akanesasu Shoujo because it sounds like it could go somewhere cool but who knows.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Endorph posted:

pained laugh

so we're really going there, huh

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
At least they warned us, I guess

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it’s a fuckin fist bump why are y’all immediately assuming it’ll be het

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're just good friends. I'm getting tired of people trying to turn every friendship between a boy and girl into a straight love story.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hosed up but I heard if you go to one of the eupho movies you get a background check and arrested at the door for ever posting like this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

male character: *breathes*

*a conga line or posters file into the thread to vomit*

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
someone photoshop the ntr man into the background of that

the ntr man is dating shuichi

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

someone photoshop the ntr man into the background of that

the ntr man is dating shuichi

Yes photoshop me into it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

esselfortium posted:

pained laugh

so we're really going there, huh
to terrible posts land? yes, you are taking us there

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

aww gently caress

https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1045738942648274944

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Speaking of Sentai, looks like their Land of the Lustrous set is available for pre-order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eeesh, they're getting around lately.