Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

cliffhanger

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tei posted:

I got the bygone, the gambit pulse rifle, and I am not feeling it. All gambit weapons are good, but I can't force myself to use this one.
Maybe the curated rolls one in the shop will be better.
I feel pulse rifles are too slow in general.

Barrel options matter a lot on this one, also just a pinch of stability helps a lot.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Barrel options matter a lot on this one, also just a pinch of stability helps a lot.

Is the vendor Bygones better than my inaugural address? I pulled it out of my vault and it is really as good as advertised.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A chambered comp, appended mag, Rampage and under pressure Bygones with a CB modl is legit my favorite gun in the game right now, for both pvp and pve.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Is the vendor Bygones better than my inaugural address? I pulled it out of my vault and it is really as good as advertised.

They are on near footing imho but their real difference is in their slot placement. Bygones is top kinetic. IA is middle slot. Which you use is largely based on what your opposing slot choice is.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

They are on near footing imho but their real difference is in their slot placement. Bygones is top kinetic. IA is middle slot. Which you use is largely based on what your opposing slot choice is.

I've been using a Dust Rock Blues with snapshot in my kinetic slot, as it's got great range and impact. Not sure what i would use in energy if I got a Bygones (still don't have one).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Bygones also has two other things going for it. More base range (my range mw bygones is 62, my range mw IA is 53), and the ability to roll a stability mw.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

I've been using a Dust Rock Blues with snapshot in my kinetic slot, as it's got great range and impact. Not sure what i would use in energy if I got a Bygones (still don't have one).

Dreaming city shotgun my dude

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Tell that to my five vouchsafes

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've only ever gotten one shotty and it's deec but not great, I wish it had full choke :negative:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im picking up where i left off from launch of D2 and I just got through Osiris which got me to 265 but then the warmind missions suggest 310

whats the best way to get my light level up fast? Have they added catchup mechanics and stuff?

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

i didnt sign off on this

THIS WASNT PART OF THE DEAL

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

full choke, accu, slideways, quickdraw

https://i.imgur.com/ExSn4lf.gifv

lol the range

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hentai Jihadist posted:

im picking up where i left off from launch of D2 and I just got through Osiris which got me to 265 but then the warmind missions suggest 310

whats the best way to get my light level up fast? Have they added catchup mechanics and stuff?
Crucible. I'm in the same boat as you (just got back to playing this after not touching it since like a month after launch and played through Osiris), but I started playing some Crucible matches to complete challenges and I noticed that I was leveling up way faster doing those than any other stuff (campaign, public adventures, strikes, etc.).

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's hard on solar well warlock, the hardest actually..

If you have a Starfire protocol chest it helps to use it with fusions and rifts

I do! I'll pull that out and give it a whirl.

moist turtleneck posted:

i did it on solar lock in the well by killing people with the super

the super stacks so you can hoover up all the orbs and create a wall of swords that your teammates cant shoot through

this way you can rack up grenade kills too

You get skill up credit just from killing under the effect of the super?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

I'm pretty sure no, kills while buffed don't count as ability kills for this purpose.

The actual pro way is to choose that subclass first, so that you get to use it on the Io unlock mission with all the pools of light to recharge poo poo, and just spam grenades and drop the sword on poo poo's head which actually does damage. I fully unlocked the melee doing that, which made the rest much easier.

But if you already chose a different first class like a dummy, well haha sucks to be you.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bygones also has two other things going for it. More base range (my range mw bygones is 62, my range mw IA is 53), and the ability to roll a stability mw.

Bygones can get some gross range. My roll has Ricochet Rounds and Rangefinder, plus I added Targeting Adjuster, which means bullets stick to faces at any distance. It's nasty.

Favorite loadout currently is Bygones + Anonymous Autumn.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tigerspite with Triple Tap isn't particularly good but my roll of it feels like my old Shadow Price. The dreaming city shotgun I got with threat detector and grave robber feels ridiculous though. The default colors suck but slap a shader on and those shrouded weapons look pretty good!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I would use Bygones, but I haven't found a shotgun I like in the energy slot. I have what seems like a decent Retold Tale and Badlander (both have Full Choke, Threat Detector, Rampage), but neither feel as good as Baligant, and Address still destroys for me.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

The default colors suck but slap a shader on and those shrouded weapons look pretty good!

agreed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still haven't gotten this lovely t-shirt BTW :v:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

qbert posted:

I would use Bygones, but I haven't found a shotgun I like in the energy slot. I have what seems like a decent Retold Tale and Badlander (both have Full Choke, Threat Detector, Rampage), but neither feel as good as Baligant, and Address still destroys for me.

Deadpan Delivery? A Sudden Death?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

no, casting the super kills things though and the blind well is known for supers

https://i.imgur.com/C94OrOD.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tigerspite with Hakke History Polish is pretty :discourse:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

Tigerspite with Hakke History Polish is pretty :discourse:

Hakke History Polish is pretty much the best shader in the game, I slap that on anything that gets too one-note if I use Metro Shift.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Mikey-San posted:

Deadpan Delivery? A Sudden Death?

I will give those a shot. IA though is still stupid good, but I barely ever see anyone else in Crucible using it. Probably people just want to try out the new guns.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Got an ether doctor with snapshot/rampage and really liking it as a solid primary option.

Also found a right side of wrong with under pressure/rampage

both seem pretty drat good with some really early use....wondering if I stick with em both and try to infuse up or get a different perk roll

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

ex post facho posted:

Got an ether doctor with snapshot/rampage and really liking it as a solid primary option.

Also found a right side of wrong with under pressure/rampage

both seem pretty drat good with some really early use....wondering if I stick with em both and try to infuse up or get a different perk roll

Are you talking about PvE or PvP? Either case I would hold off until you're near max light or doing some activity where your LL really matters, because masterwork cores are rare and constantly infusing up the same gun incrementally is gonna drain your resources.

PvP doesn't care about your LL anyways outside of Iron Banner.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

I'm pretty sure no, kills while buffed don't count as ability kills for this purpose.

The actual pro way is to choose that subclass first, so that you get to use it on the Io unlock mission with all the pools of light to recharge poo poo, and just spam grenades and drop the sword on poo poo's head which actually does damage. I fully unlocked the melee doing that, which made the rest much easier.

But if you already chose a different first class like a dummy, well haha sucks to be you.
:emo:

I think Starfire protocol will be a huge help to get the melee unlocked. Thanks for the suggestions!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

qbert posted:

I will give those a shot. IA though is still stupid good, but I barely ever see anyone else in Crucible using it. Probably people just want to try out the new guns.

Deadpan and Sudden Death are in the same impact class, so you’ll get similar results. Deadpan has Field Choke, Sudden Death has Slideways.

IA is top-tier. It isn’t the sole choice in QP because enough other stuff is viable right now and people are having fun with new stuff.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trojan knows people who play gambit, we gently caress

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
essential tips

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Store motes in the resovoir tip

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"I'm about to deposit a large blocker"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

"I'm about to deposit a large blocker"

Half pint taken on the horizon

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
“hope you’re proud, I am”

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bank it before you take hits.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
the vanguard would never let you do this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

For max range shotguns you need full choke.

For most pulses that need stability you want arrowhead break.

Ricochet rounds mitigates range fall off really well.

Opening shot gives near perfect accuracy and drastically mitigates damage fall off in the air.

Check all your reverie sets for the improved perks called "enhanced". It's the only place they drop outside the raid and something like enhanced unflinching hand cannon is stupid more powerful than unflinching hand cannon.

The exception is sniper. It doesn't do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah my arrowhead opening shot bygones is spicy