Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Internet Wizard posted:

Trump ordered the FBI to conduct an investigation into Kavanaugh

He already said "It's their fault if it all fucks up" to the senate earlier in the press conference - which was a hell of an odd thing for him to do live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

And here comes The Onion with a brutal own: https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1045721223177666562?s=21
Apparently it’s real life:
https://twitter.com/fahrenthold/status/1045755883861561351?s=21

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

On one hand, aww poor sad old man, on the other, he's a vile piece of poo poo and I'm glad he will eventually die alone.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I mean not so much alone, just trapped in the closet because of horrible social conservatism.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DoktorLoken posted:

I mean not so much alone, just trapped in the closet because of horrible social conservatism.

He wants his forever wars and tax cuts, he gets to jerk it in the dark to Jockey ads. gently caress him.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Holy poo poo my US history professor from college 15 years ago did A Thing

HE'S FROM NORTHWEST JERSEY WHYYYY

e: if you have anything to say about my notification bar SMDFTB

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Sergg posted:

I propose we refer to him as Injustice Kavanaugh for the entirety of his tenure at SCOTUS

Got ‘im.

Now watch this drive while I invest in clothes hanger futures.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

He got a tattoo of animal from the muppets with a seizure helmet on?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

nah its the new philly flyers mascot from like, 2 days ago

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've not noticed that in my newsfeeds, so my bad. It really does look a lot like Animal.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
leave gritty alone

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shame on an IGA posted:

eh, we live in hellworld let people enjoy what they enjoy.

also

Vasudus posted:

leave gritty alone

e: also also isn't that just what android notification bars look like? :thunk:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That tattoo actually owns

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

In non-trump, but still hosed up news, https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/09/28/four-petty-officers-accused-of-barracks-group-sex-with-a-child/

Navy gonna navy, I guess

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Four submariners

Story checks out

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

It was a girl? :aaa:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Chichevache posted:

It was a girl? :aaa:

Goddammit dude come on

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

In lighter news

Groverplane gonna grover

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1045778413997490179

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Woodchip posted:

Got ‘im.

Now watch this drive while I invest in clothes hanger futures.

Under his eye

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5V1JoneYPQ

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Alysa Milano really did have a wonderful death stare and I wish it had its desired effect.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Kavanaugh's hearing posted:

I don’t know if it’s ‘buffed’ or ‘boofed,’ how do you pronounce that?” Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) asked Kavanaugh during the hearing, intended to address sexual assault allegations brought against Kavanaugh, which Kavanaugh has denied.

“That refers to flatulence,” Kavanaugh responded. “We were 16.”

Is boof and bufu still used nowadays, or was that an 80s thing?

e: In 82-83 in Pennsylvania and 83-85 in Oklahoma, intermediate and high school, it was unquestionably buttfucking, verb and noun forms. I was wondering if the expression survived past the 80s.
Kavanaugh is definitely a lyin-rear end POS, but we already knew that.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 29, 2018

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Its an English / Australian thing to me.

Boof is basically gently caress but a little more polite. Boofed her in the back seat. He's a boofhead. He's off to boof him. She's boofing him right now.

But you wouldn't say "get boofed" or "boof me dead" or "what a dog boofer" because it's a polite word you loving animals.

And it definitely has nothing to do with farts.

joat mon posted:

Is boof and bufu still used nowadays, or was that an 80s thing?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

First catastrophic crash only afterreaching combat readiness means one of two things:

1. The plane was rushed through development. :l
2. The plane is unusually reliable and safe and the testing regime put a hell of a lot of emphasis on ensuring this.

affo: if you believe that the first one is the case here. One of the reasons the F-35 took so long was that they went with a stupidly safe and slow testing regime for it - if they had done this at a tempo comparable to the F-15 or F-16, we'd have seen F-35s going operational sometimes around 2010-2012. And then we would have seen a whole bunch of crashes over the first few years as service pilots find out about problems the hard way.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I thought boofing was when you stick something up your rear end for the purpose of getting high?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

It's got a lot of competition, but "does a single crash threaten the viability of the F-35 program" may be the stupidest take yet about the F-35.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

For anyone who missed the Kavanaugh hearings:

1) Kavanaugh basically said he is going to gently caress Democrats in the rear end in every ruling when he gets confirmed: "You sowed the wind for decades to come. The whole country will reap the whirlwind." and my favorite :This grotesque and coordinated character assassination will dissuade competent and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country. And as we all know, in the United States political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around."
2) Kavanaugh blamed these accusations as part of a vast left-wing conspiracy to tank his nomination, motivated by revenge for Hillary Clinton.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
Like the Democratics have to have at least known something since they all hammered home the FBI investigation, right? Or was it all just a big bluff?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Sergg posted:

For anyone who missed the Kavanaugh hearings:

1) Kavanaugh basically said he is going to gently caress Democrats in the rear end in every ruling when he gets confirmed: "You sowed the wind for decades to come. The whole country will reap the whirlwind." and my favorite :This grotesque and coordinated character assassination will dissuade competent and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country. And as we all know, in the United States political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around."
2) Kavanaugh blamed these accusations as part of a vast left-wing conspiracy to tank his nomination, motivated by revenge for Hillary Clinton.

:dogstare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DAS Super! posted:

Like the Democratics have to have at least known something since they all hammered home the FBI investigation, right? Or was it all just a big bluff?

the financial stuff alone is going to raise a ton of eyebrows

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Definitely someone we can trust to be fair and impartial in his rulings and not at all an angry entitled weirdo with a massive chip on his shoulder.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What breed of chicken am I supposed to sacrifice at RBG's phylactery?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ask Azaelia Banks after she’s done with Elon

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Anytime anyone says the phrase "reap the whirlwind" with any sense of seriousness, you can automatically categorize them as a lunatic. It's a line that's written for self-righteous villains.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fister Roboto posted:

Definitely someone we can trust to be fair and impartial in his rulings and not at all an angry entitled weirdo with a massive chip on his shoulder.

I mean, on the top of it, it's "just another instance" of Republicans saying out loud the things they're not supposed to say out loud, but this is a future Supreme Court judge literally saying he's going to get revenge on the democrats.

What in the world?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I can't stop thinking about that gif of him melting down into a twitching Lynchian nightmare under mild questioning

He has definitely strangled someone at some point

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 29, 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FBI is getting to loving work already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gwNM7Li5f8

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I figured that after this he was gonna go on a warpath if confirmed and he actually said as such lmao.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i imagine him screaming at the tv as jeff flake starts talking them dissolved into weeping snd pissing himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Entitled rich ivy league frat boy saw that there was the possibility of society not handing him the supreme court seat that he has spent his life deserving. Fair chance that was the first time in his entire conscious lifetime he was told "no" by anything besides someone higher on the social ladder performing a dominance power play.

For it to come from someone like Ford would likely be flat out unacceptable to the world view that kind of privilege bubble creates, so you see crazy poo poo like threatening the entire Democrat party that surely must be in on the conspiracy and crying at the unfairness of the world (unfairness that his victims have had decades of experience dealing with, incidentally).

• Locked thread