Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

Let's think critically about what's more likely. Is he an online gambling savant who makes tons of money and never has to worry about a thing?

Oooooooor does he mostly lose money but whenever he wins he makes sure to mention it to his mother?

He could be one of those people who play half a dozen online poker tables at a time to the point where it's effectively a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah I know at least one guy who has wrenched a career out of playing poker. It doesn't seem like an easy life and he 100% thinks about it as a job and talks in terms of how much he makes per hour, not that one time when he won a lot, but it's doable.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It came from Dear Prudie:

quote:

Q. Hair today, gone tomorrow: I know most people write in with roommates who are too dirty, but I’m living with someone who is very clean. I’m not a messy person and consider myself a pretty considerate roommate. I’ve noticed over time that this person will rearrange the bottles I keep on the bathroom sink to be, I guess, in her preferred order (we share a sink but have a fairly big vanity with our own sides to it). And this is just one example of the ongoing organization she does to everyone’s things. Tonight I was brushing my hair when my phone rang. I left my brush on the vanity with the idea that I’d resume once the call was done. In that time, she cleaned out my hairbrush. Removed every last hair. I have long, thick hair, so my brushes aren’t normally pristine, but I feel a weird mix of a boundary crossed and embarrassment that she must think I’m messy or gross! I normally put the brush away after use. It’s not like it’s been out for days.

I’ve never had a roommate act like this. I’ve mentioned wanting to help her keep things clean several times, but she always just wordlessly does these things. I get always cleaning the counters, but organizing my things and cleaning out my personal items is so strange! How can I keep both of us sane for the next year?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

P hosed up that a fish is asking for advice about one o them cleaning shrimp.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Plot twist, she keeps the hair and is making a hair doll like Helga in Hey Arnold!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Haifisch posted:

Dear Prudie, my housemate obsessively rearranges things in our shared space. It's like a compulsion! Will this disorder ruin our friendship or am I doomed to have my belongings rearranged when I leave them around thoughtlessly all the time?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My(25M) girlfriend(26F) wants me to have sex with her best friend(26F)

quote:

For starters, I love my girlfriend more than anything. Our year together has been the best time of my life, and I hope I can call her my wife one day because she's the best thing this planet has to offer, bar none. She's so ridiculously selfless it's a joke.

Her best friends boyfriend left her a month ago after cheating on her with multiple different women. She's not in a good place to say the least. My girlfriend is spending a hell of a lot of time with her recently and not so much with me. (Which is fine in my eyes, her best friend is in a crisis right now and she's being supportive.) My girlfriend said to her that she would ask me if I could spend a night with her to help her feel better, which was my girlfriends idea.

Yesterday night we were together and she was talking about her friend with me and she was saying that she was lonely, felt rejected, and is desperate for attention. My girlfriend asked me if I found her friend at all attractive and I was a little taken back by it but she's a good looking girl (not as good looking as my girlfriend obviously) so I was kind of what just like 'yeah, sure'. She explained to me that she would ask me if I would sleep with her once just to help her feel better, and she went on to say that she's not only OK with it, but she really wants me to do this, going as far as to say 'please, do it for me if not for her'. She promised me that she's OK with it and she won't get jealous or anything. I told her I would think about it.

I guess I wouldn't mind just the once but I don't want to be pimped out every time her friend feels a little upset or lonely, I'm not just some toy to be shared. On one hand I would like to help but on the other hand this seems kind of out there. What would you do in this situation?

TLDR: Girlfriend wants me to have sex with her best friend to help her cope with a breakup, she seems fine with it and is encouraging me to do so. What would you do?

EDIT: I told her no, after reading only 5 comments

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Anne Whateley posted:

In the US, people can theoretically take your money if they have your routing number, but it's printed on every check so it's not exactly top secret.

I had to deal with a bank doing this just this week, I'd written a check to cover part of the mortgage like six months ago and I guess they quietly held onto my account number and just started helping themselves to my bank account when a transfer didn't go through

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wow, just bogarding your magic healing penis. Selfish prick.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I know at least one guy who has wrenched a career out of playing poker. It doesn't seem like an easy life and he 100% thinks about it as a job and talks in terms of how much he makes per hour, not that one time when he won a lot, but it's doable.

There's a goon who came out of the old poker subforum that went pro and now streams on twitch.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

When I was still in the barracks I had a roommate who was obsessed with cleanliness to the point that he would unscrew the lightbulbs in order to dust the base and the connector of the light

He was not a big fan of that time I came home drunk and passed out naked in the bathroom

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm (38) about to propose to my long term GF (33), who is politically super active but should I reveal I voted for Trump

quote:

I have complex reasons to have voted for Trump, but I have kept totally silent with everyone (I live in San Francisco) And she has over the last year has just gone nuts with her activism. I have been supportive of her work without believing in the cause she campaigns for (I still support Trump's vision 100%) Now I'm about to propose (she is expecting it next week). Should I reveal the truth. Can I keep this hidden forever.

Am I being deceitful by omitting this info?

Additional thoughts:

I have many reasons believe in the Trump agenda, I can justify them but this is not the forum. (I also voted for Obama twice and I'm a registered Democrat)
Me and her align very well in everything except this topic. We are a perfect match (says everybody including her entire family).
Final thoughts:

*sigh*
Voting for Trump is not racist (the lack of nuance by people is the bigger problem).
As the cliche goes: I love her, she loves me...rest will fall into place.
Hopefully people on this board will understand the world is not this Black and White.

His ‘complex reasons’ are immigration and Islam; and someone found a previous post he made about wanting to break up with this same woman because she’d previously dated a black guy.

:fsmug:

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

His ‘complex reasons’ are immigration and Islam; and someone found a previous post he made about wanting to break up with this same woman because she’d previously dated a black guy.

Always check the post history. Someone posted about how his heart was breaking to see his girlfriend having so much crippling daily back pain. Turns out he posted more than once in a “Stuffing” subreddit about how hot it was to see her gaining weight from all the food he was encouraging her to eat.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm (38) about to propose to my long term GF (33), who is politically super active but should I reveal I voted for Trump

quote:

I have many reasons believe in the Trump agenda, I can justify them but this is not the forum. (I also voted for Obama twice and I'm a registered Democrat)
[...]
Voting for Trump is not racist (the lack of nuance by people is the bigger problem).

:vd:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ParserGirl posted:

Always check the post history. Someone posted about how his heart was breaking to see his girlfriend having so much crippling daily back pain. Turns out he posted more than once in a “Stuffing” subreddit about how hot it was to see her gaining weight from all the food he was encouraging her to eat.

That feeling when you're sincerely hoping that “stuffing” would reveal the twist his girlfriend was actually a teddy bear.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It seems like the world isn't the only thing he thinks shouldn't have black and white

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blade Runner posted:

It seems like the world isn't the only thing he thinks shouldn't have black and white

:drat:

Okay, one more I found, then I’ll call it a day.

:siren:Sasquatch prank guy updated!:siren:

UPDATE: I [24/M] just offered an apology to my girlfriend's family after pulling a prank on them.

quote:

Here's the original post: /r/relationship_advice/comments/9j7596/my_girlfriend_23f_is_threatening_to_break_up_with/

I'm honestly really embarrassed and humiliated about this update. I almost considered not even posting it, but I feel the need to vent and express my frustrations in some way, so here it is. I really hope you don't think too badly of me and you understand what I'm going through after last night.

Last night, my girlfriend's family was holding a barbecue in their backyard and my girlfriend was able to talk her dad into inviting me. He was originally against the idea of me coming, but he was willing to let me come so long as the first thing I do is offer a genuine apology for the prank that I pulled on all of them.

I arrived in their backyard and everybody that I pranked at the campsite was sitting at a table and they were all clearly waiting for me to arrive. I sat down next to my girlfriend and I began my apology. I stated that my prank was ill-timed, immature, and thoughtless and I apologized for ruining their camping trip that they had apparently been planning for some time. I tried to make it as genuine and sincere as possible and when I was done, I waited for some type of response. There was a really long awkward silence as the whole family just stared at me. Then the uncle whispered something in the dad's ear and they both burst out laughing, but I couldn't make out what he said. The dad then said that he DIDN'T accept my apology and then he told me to leave. My initial response was a very loud "What the gently caress?" and that made things worse. My girlfriend's dad kept telling me to leave and I lost my temper. I swiped an empty plastic cup off of the table and I said to the family "Fine, gently caress all of you!" while flipping them off with both middle fingers.

As I was leaving the backyard, my girlfriend caught up to me and said that she was breaking up with me. She said that I was too "immature" and "impulsive" and she said that she wants me to leaver her and her family alone. I tried apologizing to her profusely. I kept saying "Babe, I'm sorry! Just give me another chance and I promise I'll be good! I promise!" I kept saying this over and over, but she said that she's given me "millions" of chances and that she "can't fix me". She then walked off and I did something that made things even worse. I yelled at her, calling her a bitch and then I started kicking and punching their wooden fence that separates their front and back yard. I knocked down part of the fence and then I left.

All of that happened last night and I feel like poo poo. Part of me wants to just give up on her and move on, but I also want to prove to her that I'm capable of changing. I want to promise her no more pranks along with trying to control my temper. What do you think I should do?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blade Runner posted:

lmao

e:

LadyPictureShow posted:

UPDATE: I [24/M] just offered an apology to my girlfriend's family after pulling a prank on them.

lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

lol dumbfuck

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh come on that's too on the nose.

"I'm mature and sorry, " I scream as I punch down a fence.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

quote:

[–]OgusLaplop

6 points 8 hours ago
Why did you lose your temper then?

quote:

[–]eagermunger

[S] -12 points 7 hours ago
I was upset that he didn't accept my apology. I did what he asked of me, but he still treated me like a joke and just kicked me out of his backyard.

:abrathink:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
This winner also posted in /r/legaladvice:

What kind of trouble can I get in for breaking someone else's fence?

quote:

Long story short, I got in a fight with my girlfriend and her family last night. She's now my ex-girlfriend and I lashed out and broke down part of their wooden fence that separates the back and front yard. Her father hasn't contacted me about it, but I'm worried that he's going to come after me eventually. What kind of trouble can I get in?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Given the skill this man has for making everything worse the dad will turn out to be an avid reader of r/legal advice and realize he should totally sue this guy.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

That is definitely a trap.

Barudak posted:

Given the skill this man has for making everything worse the dad will turn out to be an avid reader of r/legal advice and realize he should totally sue this guy.

He's going to accidently burn down the jail when he gets his phone call.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LadyPictureShow posted:

Thread title delivers.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

LadyPictureShow posted:

tactlessbastard posted:

That is definitely a trap.

Is there any other option? I really can’t think of one.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

burial posted:

She's in love with her friend and wants to instigate a triad.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It's a real ride or die kinda friendship.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

burial posted:

He finds out his girlfriend's brain is broken in this perfect way, both women love him, they agree to be his wives forever, and it turns out he's printed on cheap paper being read by a japanese man on the subway.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

it's the sort of story that makes you reflexively imagine the graceful way you'd decline

Barudak
May 7, 2007

it's the sort of story that makes you reflexively imagine the graceful way you'd decline

Oh looks like I'm all out of condoms, lemme go to the store right quick and buy some

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 29, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Y'all are acting like you've never been pushed into a relationship with someone because your partner was into them but they were into the wrong gender.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Barudak posted:

Oh looks like I'm all out of condoms, lemme go to the store right quick and buy some
:golfclap: for the original but you gotta trust your gut or work on your editing !!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

:golfclap: for the original but you gotta trust your gut or work on your editing !!

It's a joke that requires sound cues and intonation, a thing that is hard as hell to convey in dialog so I got worried people would think I was being serious that he should go back in there and use his daily casting of Bigby's Healing Penis

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Repeatedly nominated for a gay award at work (NY)

quote:

Location: NY. My boss keeps nominating me for a gay professional award outside of our organization. Repeatedly, even though I am not gay. I have expressed verbally that I am not gay, and even if I were, I wouldn't want to be recognized for my sexual preferences that would be a part of who I just am. Is there something I can legally do about this? It's weird and frankly embarrassing, but I'm not certain it's sexual harassment or a legal issue? I've had multiple, direct conversations with my boss that consist of something like "I'm not comfortable being nominated for these awards, can you please knock it off." Thanks in advance.

quote:

[–]HatsAndTopcoats 54 points 5 hours ago

And what did your boss say in response? Has your boss shared any motivation for doing this?

[–]weirdawardthrowaway [S] 42 points 3 hours ago

The first time I addressed this was utter bewilderment and shock. I genuinely believe this person, with the best of intentions, initially nominated me based on an erroneous assumption that I am gay. My boss is very involved in inclusion-esque statements and events, so I think this was originally considered to be a thoughtful thing to do, certainly with zero ill-will or intent. This is where it gets more into assumptions and feelings, but subsequent requests have been met with that "Oh, you're taking this too seriously!" sort of vibe or a wink and a nod, as if I am actually gay and it's some secret now between us. It just feels a bit like my boss was embarrassed with my earlier correction that I'm not gay, and has since tried to down play it by...nominating me again?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

If this prize comes with a cash payout have you considered telling him you're gay for pay?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Barudak posted:

It's a joke that requires sound cues and intonation, a thing that is hard as hell to convey in dialog so I got worried people would think I was being serious that he should go back in there and use his daily casting of Bigby's Healing Penis

the part where you fall for it a bit until it sinks in is part of the charm, it's like you are the lady in the story

Haifisch posted:

uhh is it offensive if I change the title to
/r/relationships: repeatedly nominated for a gay award at work

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I learned it in school, truth is an absolute defense from libel.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

the part where you fall for it a bit until it sinks in is part of the charm, it's like you are the lady in the story

GBS says we’re all ‘retarded gay dead babies’, so it’s fit with the general theme I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

No - make it so!