Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hats off to the Pies and Buckley though, to go from being on the chopping block to a Grand Final is exceptional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Boomer uncle: “I’m a bit cynical but the AFL want more butts in seats and Richmond suddenly don’t try hard enough :thunk:

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
So... do aus goons get talk about other sports now, like auspol and auspol and laughing at auspol with a side of cricket and

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I really enjoyed that.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It turns out that watching Collingwood lose by less than a goal - even to West Coast - is pretty good.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

ssmagus posted:

So... do aus goons get talk about other sports now, like auspol and auspol and laughing at auspol with a side of cricket and

Nah the schedule moves to talking about trades and then soft drink

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Part of why I wanted Pies to win is so Carlton Draught released those custom cans they did for Richmond last year and I could keep one.

Instead I’ll get drunk on some other garbage.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

My loving heart though, what a match of footy

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I did wind up waaay more into it than I expected.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Both good finals this year same team same result

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No #16 for Collingwood today, however they do have #27 now.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Diet Crack posted:

My loving heart though, what a match of footy

God bless old friend

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Was a bit worried it would be another crappy match after the first quarter, but West Coast clawed back in and absolutely deserved to be close and in the lead.

Bit of a flat Finals series this year but absolutely saved by a scorching Grand Final. I’m glad Cox got to play a big part, but not too unhappy that the Pies lost.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
When does AFLX 2019 start?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Hopefully never.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

monolithburger posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Oh wow.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/brisbanelions/status/1045949073570721792/photo/1

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

That's one of the more impressive wins I've seen in a grand final for a while. To come back from how far back they were, at the MCG, and guys like Darling getting into the game... great win.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Lol I was upside down in the pisser and missed the pies runner blocking their own player to let yeo kick a goal and just saw the replay drat

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lol Barrass didn't get a single vote in the Norm Smith voting, and McGovern got a single vote

Shuey - 11
Adams - 7
Sheed - 4
Langdon - 1
McGovern - 1

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

snaeksikn posted:

Lol Barrass didn't get a single vote in the Norm Smith voting, and McGovern got a single vote

Shuey - 11
Adams - 7
Sheed - 4
Langdon - 1
McGovern - 1

Booooooooooooooo

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Shuey - 11
Adams - 7
Sheed - 4
Langdon - 1
McGovern - 1

I had McGovern for Norm Smith and my friend had Shuey and she's been throwing shade at me on social media from the other end of the couch

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol at west coast supporters getting pissy hours after a premiership for getting their song called out as bad, what an amazingly insecure state.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It is a reeeally bad song

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol at west coast supporters getting pissy hours after a premiership for getting their song called out as bad, what an amazingly insecure state.

You seem tense friend, where did your team finish?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

You seem tense friend, where did your team finish?

Not 1st

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Songchat (excluding Melbourne’s because BIAS - I think we go somewhere around the top 5 personally)

1) Sydney
2) Richmond
3) GWS
4) Carlton
5) Bulldogs
6) Geelong
7) Collingwood
8) Brisbane
9) Essendon
10) Adelaide
11) Hawthorn
12) North Melbourne
13) St Kilda
14) Fremantle
15) Port Adelaide
16) West Coast
17) Gold Coast

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Songchat (excluding Melbourne’s because BIAS - I think we go somewhere around the top 5 personally)

1) Sydney
2) Richmond
3) GWS
4) Carlton
5) Bulldogs
6) Geelong
7) Collingwood
8) Brisbane
9) Essendon
10) Adelaide
11) Hawthorn
12) North Melbourne
13) St Kilda
14) Fremantle
15) Port Adelaide
16) West Coast
17) Gold Coast

For starters Richmond's is the best by a country mile and the idea that ours is worse then Norfs is laughable.

Also a legit good grand final for once AND collingwood choking on their own bathwater makes for a good end for a terrible season.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I don't think any of the songs aside from the bottom four you listed are particularly bad. St Kilda's is a bit lazy, but we can pass.

North's weird preamble should knock it a few slots higher but.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Melbourne's song is best simply because Norwood use it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Melbourne's song is best simply because Norwood use it

:hmmyes:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Nutsngum posted:

For starters Richmond's is the best by a country mile and the idea that ours is worse then Norfs is laughable.

Also a legit good grand final for once AND collingwood choking on their own bathwater makes for a good end for a terrible season.

HEARTS TO HEARTS AND HANDS TO HANDS BENEATH THE SOUTHERN CROSS WE STAND WE SHOUT GOD BLESS OUR NATIVE LAND NORTH MELBOURNE NORTH MELBOURNE OUT WE COME OUT WE COME OUT WE COME TO PLAY JUST FOR RECREATIONS SAKE TO PASS THE TIME AWAY LOTS OF FUN HEAPS OF FUN ENJOY YOURSELVES TODAY NORTH MELBOURNE BOYS ARE HARD TO BEAT WHEN THEY RUN OUT TO PLAY

The best song for the words is between the Tiges, Dees and Norf.
Best song for the melody is between the Hawks, Swans and Geelong.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I think the Eagles song sounds pretty good right now tbh

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

can't abide the Swans song simply because it uses Notre Dame's fight song as the base, which should automatically rule it out from any discussion of best.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

harperdc posted:

can't abide the Swans song simply because it uses Notre Dame's fight song as the base, which should automatically rule it out from any discussion of best.

Normally, I'd agree. But there is one thing the Sydney Swans Club song has that the Notre Dame Fight song doesn't.

Two words: Banjo. Solo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My mate is one of teh session singers who sang the GWS song. so it automatically the best song.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
god

bless

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Yeah definitely feel for the pies players being a nsw blow-in but sad eddy trumps that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Solemn Sloth posted:

1) Sydney
2) Richmond
3) GWS
4) Carlton
5) Bulldogs
6) Geelong
7) Collingwood
8) Brisbane
9) Essendon
10) Adelaide
11) Hawthorn
12) North Melbourne
13) St Kilda
14) Fremantle
15) Port Adelaide
16) West Coast
17) Gold Coast

Melbourne's is actually my favourite song.

Fun game today. Shame Collingwood lost their system in the final term but it was still a fun one.