Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I know the thread title says “Bowsette” but you don’t have to post these here

You're right. I don't have to

I want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Should've brought thwompette with him

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long until Ganonette for Smash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Colonel posted:

katamari is too good

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/1045918050824769536

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm waiting for Marionette.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

How long until Ganonette for Smash

Urbosa

It's spelt Urbosa

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The final mission objective in Metal Gear Survive is to make Metal Gear Survive never happen.

esperterra posted:

lmbo how did I not realize there was a general chat

Welcome!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

esperterra posted:

lmbo how did I not realize there was a general chat

I seriously blank out over pinned threads. My brain must instantly jump to "oh, those are rules and announcements threads, snore" and ignore them

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuYUoLM8BNA

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Samuringa posted:

The final mission objective in Metal Gear Survive is to make Metal Gear Survive never happen.

Shoulda been the first, mirite?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rarity posted:

All I remember of Spider-Man in the 90s is clooooooooooooooooooones

don't worry, there was a part in a slightly more recent spider-man comic series where they decided they needed to repeat the clone saga and opened it with a foreword saying "ALL GREAT STORIES MUST BE TOLD TWICE"

the ultimate spider-man clone saga has a clone who inexplicably was created to age real fast and think he was spider-man's dad but wasn't given any of his dad's knowledge so people found him out because he was a lovely doctor and then the arc ends with spider-man kissing his girl clone

it's slightly better than the brief story arc that is just "wolverine and spider-man swap bodies and wolverine tries to have sex with mary jane off-screen"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Clone Sage might be the most hated thing Marvel has ever done (outside of fellow terrible Spider-man plot One More Day) so the the idea they'd do it again is baffling

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
I'll probably get made fun of, but I JUST bought Borderlands 2.

If anyone wants to do some shootin, my steam ID is https://steamcommunity.com/id/dquad/ and I'd love to shoot psychos with y'all.

Also what do they mean by "the badass rank system is 'infinite'"? It seems like there are a set amount of challenges.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the name of the spider-man arc where spider-man had to go on the downlow for a bit so he came up with 4 separate costumed entities that each utilized one of his powers and he used them to continue to fight crime as some and infiltrate and dig up criminal activity as another

Was that the clone saga?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Quad posted:

Also what do they mean by "the badass rank system is 'infinite'"? It seems like there are a set amount of challenges.

Once you've completed a certain percentage of all challenges (I don't remember the specifics) you can reset your challenges and do it all over again. Also badass rank is persistent across characters so you can stack it up further while trying different classes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

One of these days I'll finish Borderlands 1. Maybe.

I'd have to carve time out of my RL/HotS schedule tho and pfft

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the name of the spider-man arc where spider-man had to go on the downlow for a bit so he came up with 4 separate costumed entities that each utilized one of his powers and he used them to continue to fight crime as some and infiltrate and dig up criminal activity as another

Was that the clone saga?

sounds like spiderman (ps4) op

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Clone saga was when it was revealed Peter Parker was a clone of another guy and then they tried to focus on the new guy and basically no one wanted that because it was dumb

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

sounds like spiderman (ps4) op

I thought that was the one with the different spider-men from various dimensions teaming up

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's spider-man: friend or foe

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought that was the one with the different spider-men from various dimensions teaming up

That's a PS3 game (Shattered Dimensions), which was also pretty bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is the picture of spiderman pointing at another spiderman a part of the clone saga

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Marvel at this point have a ridiculous amount of Spider Men and Women. Like literally more than a dozen. I think the only thing they have more of is Wolverines. Like with him they have alternate versions of his alternate versions.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Found it, it was Spider-Man: Identity Crisis

axelblaze posted:

Marvel at this point have a ridiculous amount of Spider Men and Women. Like literally more than a dozen. I think the only thing they have more of is Wolverines. Like with him they have alternate versions of his alternate versions.

IIRC there's even like some interdimensional web thing connecting all of them together by some kind of web of fate or whatever where it determines that there will always be some kind of "spider-man" like at any particular time, kinda like the DC's speedforce.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

axelblaze posted:

The thing with the Spider-Men is that unlike other comic characters Marvel considers other medium adaptions of the character as canon as alternate universes in the comics, so Japanese Spider-Man, 90's cartoon Spider-Man, and PS4 Spider-Man are all canon for example.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the upcoming Sony Spider-Man movie us focusing on the interdimensional story arc so all that stuff will come into the mainstream soon enough

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
In the ideal world MCU would produce a Spider-Verse movie where Toby Maguire and Andrew Garfield appear. I lost it when Toby-Spidey is just there in the comics

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished the first part of Route C in Nier Automata and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

at least i think i finally figured out some camera settings that don't make me frown constantly when airborne enemies are above me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axelblaze posted:

I think the upcoming Sony Spider-Man movie us focusing on the interdimensional story arc so all that stuff will come into the mainstream soon enough

What? They're making one too?

Or do you mean Venom or the other films that are planned that involve spider-man characters but can't actually use spider-man?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Or do you mean Venom or the other films that are planned that involve spider-man characters but can't actually use spider-man?

Naw it's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Hbz2jLxvQ
As tired as I'm getting of Marvel movies, this looks dope.

But yeah, part of the deal of letting Disney have Spider-man back was Sony could still make their own Spider-man movies so they will keep doing that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, they're making an animated theatrical movie of Spider-Verse. Miles is the main character with an older Peter acting as his mentor.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Clones are a dangerous writing tool.

Sometimes you get Metal Gear Solid, sometimes you get Metal Gear ACID...2, I think.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also Spider-Gwen is a dope character with an awesome design (especially her Gwenom suit), even if her actual series is a bit lackluster

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I completed Spider-Man 3. It was ok. I enjoyed the web-slinging around town but the rest of the game was bland and there was barely anything to do.

I'm now on Elebits which seems charming and has some Katamari vibes. Although the story being a clear allegory for an emotionally neglected child making up stories to entertain himself when abandoned by his parents one night does somewhat undercut the happy vibes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I completed Spider-Man 3. It was ok. I enjoyed the web-slinging around town but the rest of the game was bland and there was barely anything to do.

I'm now on Elebits which seems charming and has some Katamari vibes. Although the story being a clear allegory for an emotionally neglected child making up stories to entertain himself when abandoned by his parents one night does somewhat undercut the happy vibes.

I found Elebits annoying because it's kind of a reverse Katamari in that the longer you go on the more restrictive and less awesome the gameplay feels. I did tap out not pretty early in though because I just wasn't having fun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i remember not liking elebits. maybe because it was too punishing i don't know

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

i remember not liking elebits. maybe because it was too punishing i don't know

For me at least it was that the ways they tried the game more challenging made it less fun, which is the last thing you want to do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished the first episode of new Life is Strange, it was fairly meh, not writing it off yet but it was an entire episode of fairly dull set up and not really any interesting characters so I hope it improves now they've gotten that out of the way. Also either my tolerance has lowered or the dialogue is even worse awkward 'how are you fellow kids' teen speak than the first game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was surprised by how much I ended up liking the new Life is Strange, my wife and I were glued to the screen the entire time. I think the original season is pretty much the best game ever made but I'm totally down with the premise of LiS 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo, I forgot that's out. Need to pick it up ASAP.

Also need to finish the last ep of BtS cause it came out right before I went on holiday and fixed my computer. RIP

• Locked thread