Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ohhhhhhh yeah, the ol' "I wasn't gonna be a Nazi, but then someone said something mean so now I have no choice but to goosestep down the streets."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What if we didn't get baited by the obvious gbs trolls

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
*edit - not worth it

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I took a picture of my "I Voted" sticker next to a Texans for Clinton sign and I feel like a moron every time I remember that. While her own actions will always be the biggest reason I regret voting for her, you aren't helping your cause to behave like any political viewpoint different from your own cannot possibly be real.

In 2016, I would have voted O'Rourke. I would have been happy to. Now, I want no part in potentially tipping the Senate majority to the Democrats.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, look, I still have it.

Very mature display, all of you.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

C'mon man, stop forgetting the hashtag

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Well, I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

feeling ashamed for having voted for crooked hillary is the natural reaction but hang on whats the thing the democrats did to kavanaugh? thats the part im confused about

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah, there isn't a way out of the position that you have staked that is going to make you look good and reasonable, but I really want to hear it anyway.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

drat Beto is charismatic. Ran across a fundraiser ad on Twitter and guy makes me want to donate all my money to him. I’ve never given a cent to a politician before

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The goon's support for Hillary and Kavanaugh shows a consistent record of supporting people who are complicit in sexual assault at least

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

feeling ashamed for having voted for crooked hillary is the natural reaction but hang on whats the thing the democrats did to kavanaugh? thats the part im confused about

They have taken an unfounded accusation of rape and turned it into a tool for control over the political situation that no one should be allowed to question, that no one should be allowed to stop. They are posturing over the need for an FBI investigation of someone that has not been able to sneeze at any time in the last 20 years without it being documented by three federal agencies.

On this forum, it was treated like common knowledge the day after the accusation, that everybody knows Kavanaugh is a serial rapist, and only the most disgusting of rape apologists would ever question it.

I never want to feel like I agree with any of you people ever again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

skipdogg posted:

drat Beto is charismatic. Ran across a fundraiser ad on Twitter and guy makes me want to donate all my money to him. I’ve never given a cent to a politician before

Sometimes they have good swag

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Wulfolme posted:

They have taken an unfounded accusation of rape and turned it into a tool for control over the political situation that no one should be allowed to question, that no one should be allowed to stop. They are posturing over the need for an FBI investigation of someone that has not been able to sneeze at any time in the last 20 years without it being documented by three federal agencies.

So the GOP wants the FBI to investigate it? That's news to me or you could just be bullshitting.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

They are posturing over the need for an FBI investigation of someone that has not been able to sneeze at any time in the last 20 years without it being documented by three federal agencies.

Then who paid off his debts?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what would be a founded accusation of rape

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also corrupt, entitled products of elite schools who think they deserve top jobs and lash out with anger and spite when challenged.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Shear Modulus posted:

what would be a founded accusation of rape

Probably video or some other form of vanishingly rare objective proof.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Also corrupt, entitled products of elite schools who think they deserve top jobs and lash out with anger and spite when challenged.

thats what this entire thing boils down to. you go to a millionaire prep school, everyone knows youre a good ol boy and above the law

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I don't get the hostility to an investigation. If the allegations are false then the investigation will turn up nothing or may even turn up evidence these women committed perjury and all these awful awful Democrats will look really bad right before the midterms.

If the allegations are true then even from a purely amoral realpolitik perspective you would want to know that so you can pick someone else and not risk evidence coming out later showing you confirmed a rapist to the court without even looking into it.

It's not like there's some time limit to confirm a justice or there's not a hundred other cookie-cutter fancy pants prep school dipshits with identical corporate-manufactured opinions you could pick instead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux posted:

What if we didn't get baited by the obvious gbs trolls

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

op since these last few days have clearly deeply changed your view i look forward to your petition to overturn bill cosby's conviction on unfounded rape accusations

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Today is a good day for trolls to waddle in, it is hard not to reply.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

thats what this entire thing boils down to. you go to a millionaire prep school, everyone knows youre a good ol boy and above the law
I hope he chokes on a frog.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Today is a good day for trolls to waddle in, it is hard not to reply.

It's also not like anything is getting derailed. Boredom is a great motivation to play with the trolls.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Kavanaugh more like Kavanah am I right

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Wulfolme posted:

I took a picture of my "I Voted" sticker next to a Texans for Clinton sign and I feel like a moron every time I remember that. While her own actions will always be the biggest reason I regret voting for her, you aren't helping your cause to behave like any political viewpoint different from your own cannot possibly be real.

In 2016, I would have voted O'Rourke. I would have been happy to. Now, I want no part in potentially tipping the Senate majority to the Democrats.

You have brain worms lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

On this forum, it was treated like common knowledge the day after the accusation, that everybody knows Kavanaugh is a serial rapist, and only the most disgusting of rape apologists would ever question it.

I never want to feel like I agree with any of you people ever again.

It seems like you're under the mistaken impression that there's only one accuser. You should read the statement of one of the others

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wulfolme posted:

Hey, look, I still have it.

Very mature display, all of you.

Tell me, do you think your brainworms have not hit stage three, and are therefore still operable?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AlexSamuelsx5/status/1045667332268404738

I dunno how honest he's being here but if that is actually a determining factor it's gonna be Zerwas or Four Price and not which ever Freedom Caucus psychos are running.

https://twitter.com/rachelcohrs/status/1045694893983715329

Wonder if it gets rescheduled

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 28, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Sounds like the business community has finally said they don't want Patrick and his loons setting a course for Bathroom Bill 2.0

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Sounds like the business community has finally said they don't want Patrick and his loons setting a course for Bathroom Bill 2.0

The business community is irrelevant in Texas now - Dan Patrick runs and controls this state and his ideology and supporters control.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We'll see what happens in November

Also now that the Kavanaugh nom is delayed, I wonder if the debate is back on

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Badger of Basra posted:

DMN allowed a very stupid college student to make an rear end out of himself in their editorial section today

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1045046603667640321?s=21

im the guy that doesnt understand how local elections work

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

im the guy that doesnt understand how local elections work

He’s a loving journalism student lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1045894034282164225

the fight will never end

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone manage to catch the debate between Abbot and Valdez? I'm curious as to how she was perceived.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jiro posted:

Anyone manage to catch the debate between Abbot and Valdez? I'm curious as to how she was perceived.

I didn't catch it, but twitter chatter came off to be like she did okay but didn't do anything to change the character of the race - which makes it a win for Abbot, ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/brandonformby/status/1046068188025368577?s=21

Isn’t this the woman who flipped out about clock kid?