Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Know what? I'm upping my bet. If he withdrawals or gets voted down in the Senate, I'll donate $50 to Disabled Vets of America.

$25 extra if the FBI corroborates Ford's story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fbi is gonna find something else

like bodies

or baseball tickets

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

fbi is gonna find something else

like bodies

or baseball tickets

He killed someone for Senators tickets?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BigDave posted:

He killed someone for Senators tickets?

hopefully not for this season, theyre terrible!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BigDave posted:

Know what? I'm upping my bet. If he withdrawals or gets voted down in the Senate, I'll donate $50 to Disabled Vets of America.

$25 extra if the FBI corroborates Ford's story.

I’ll match you but for the aspca since that’s what someone said when I mentioned doing this several days ago.

If he gets confirmed 2F said he’d give me a 30 day even though I said to ban me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Started seeing my father for the first time since him storming out of dinner pre-allegations over a discussion of Brett's list of other disqualifications with him spouting off the political theater + "what did he really do" talking points, ended with him agreeing to watch the entire testimony rather than what was cherry picked for him. Required quoting back to him his "ends justify the means" speech, but baby steps?

Of note is that all 3 of my brothers, despite being against confirmation, just saying to leave it alone and not bring it up.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Imagine choosing your favourite CHUD hero over your own child.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Don Dongington posted:

Imagine choosing your favourite CHUD hero over your own child.

oh i go this. *ahem* "you're over reacting because you don't like [trump]"
- my own father when I told him I was concerned about kavanaugh's thoughts on griswold and what that would mean for my life and marriage

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yeah I was over-reacting when my wife was facing deportation and frantically hiring a lawyer, looking up locations of US embassies, making a to-go bag of documentation and cash she can hopefully grab on the way out and planning what we'll do in case she's kicked out while having nervous break downs because a bigoted poo poo stain is running the country and all his Nazi-fucker cronies hate anyone darker than a paper bag. Yup, just totally over reacting. Nothing to see here. Just a little paper oopsie don't ya know? No real harm.

Still can't wrap my loving head around how her father remains pro-Trump after almost losing his daughter. It's a loving cult and we need a deprogramming campaign for the entire country.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The latest season of 90 Days Fiancée (Sunday on TLC, highly recommended) had an obvious Nigerian scam artist who was a huge Trump fan.

It’s far from the weirdest thing going on there but it still boggles the mind.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

The latest season of 90 Days Fiancée (Sunday on TLC, highly recommended) had an obvious Nigerian scam artist who was a huge Trump fan.

It’s far from the weirdest thing going on there but it still boggles the mind.

Old gullible dumbshits having more money is deffo good for his business

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

boop the snoot posted:

I’ll match you but for the aspca since that’s what someone said when I mentioned doing this several days ago.

If he gets confirmed 2F said he’d give me a 30 day even though I said to ban me.

i like monty too much to just ban you man

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sergg posted:

For anyone who missed the Kavanaugh hearings:

1) Kavanaugh basically said he is going to gently caress Democrats in the rear end in every ruling when he gets confirmed: "You sowed the wind for decades to come. The whole country will reap the whirlwind." and my favorite :This grotesque and coordinated character assassination will dissuade competent and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country. And as we all know, in the United States political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around."
2) Kavanaugh blamed these accusations as part of a vast left-wing conspiracy to tank his nomination, motivated by revenge for Hillary Clinton.

This is exactly what the right wing wants in a SCOTUS justice. A friend of a friend posted some nonsense this week about "just wait until we get a supermajority and don't need their loving votes...ACA gone, NAFTA gone" etc etc.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Hello. Who is feeling good this morning.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1046051426164768769

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
So is Kavanaugh's confirmation postponed until the conclusion of the FBI investigation, or just for one week or whatever?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
See actually believing women is wrong, because it will lead to lynchings, like we had last time we totally believed women.

https://twitter.com/realcandaceo/status/1045766492917100544?s=21

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So is Kavanaugh's confirmation postponed until the conclusion of the FBI investigation, or just for one week or whatever?

Both. The investigation has one week to conclude.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:what:

dscruffy1 posted:

See actually believing women is wrong, because it will lead to lynchings, like we had last time we totally believed women.

https://twitter.com/realcandaceo/status/1045766492917100544?s=21

Literally comparing this to Salem. It's like the lady watched The Crucible without figuring it to be a metaphor for McCarthyism since she was too busy focusing on "those lying women".

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EBB posted:

Literally comparing this to Salem. It's like the lady watched The Crucible without figuring it to be a metaphor for McCarthyism since she was too busy focusing on "those lying women".

She's referencing poo poo about black guys getting lynched for kissing white girls and so forth.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m not too worried about the one week timespan. The FBI isn’t doing a forensic investigation, they’re pulling in Brett’s frat buddies and interviewing them. I bet they could get a lot out of a few days of that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Godholio posted:

Both. The investigation has one week to conclude.

Uh, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't think one week is enough, but hey, who am I to tell them how much time to allocate for investigations

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

oh i go this. *ahem* "you're over reacting because you don't like [trump]"
- my own father when I told him I was concerned about kavanaugh's thoughts on griswold and what that would mean for my life and marriage

My dad's been a CHUD for years so I wasn't surprised at all that he's a trumpist.

Of course he disowned me years ago for being a human being, so. ::shrugs::

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

EBB posted:

Not that that tweetee sees this, but that was more a case of folks being racist than believing women. The allegations were just a convenient excuse.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am dumb and cannot read.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't think one week is enough, but hey, who am I to tell them how much time to allocate for investigations

LA Times: FBI's Brett Kavanaugh Probe Won't End With Dr. Ford's Allegation | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gwNM7Li5f8

I can only hope they keep going after it and we have a real neato thing pop up.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Depending how much push they can get behind it a lot could get done in a week of investigations. It's just naive beyond the point of parody by now to assume anyone Republican is going to do anything besides show deep concern, throw up a smoke screen of bullshit and then completely ignore the results and ram his nomination through. The president is already a serial sexual assaulter and rapist, and his base sees that as a positive trait. Why would some gang rape by their supreme court pick be anything but a positive?

Who is left voting Republican that doesn't respond to it with, "slut got what she deserved for talking back"? Yeah I'm sure there's individuals in that situation, but on an electoral scale that cake has already been baked.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

EBB posted:

haha jesus christ EBB

Its so much worse

(EmmettTill.jpg)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EBB posted:

I suspect she's talking about Lynching of blacks in the Jim Crow South. She'd never fight against hanging pagan witches.

Which is still hilarious, because all you have to ask is why the KKK and White Supremacists consistently vote for the GOP?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Which is still hilarious, because all you have to ask is why the KKK and White Supremacists consistently vote for the GOP?

Fake news, did you kno the Demokkkrats where the party of southern states during the CONFEDERACY and they had SLAVES! Makes you think right :thunk:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Defenestrategy posted:

Fake news, did you kno the Demokkkrats where the party of southern states during the CONFEDERACY and they had SLAVES! Makes you think right :thunk:

"But please don't tear down our their statues. Its about history. Lee was a misunderstood man, not a slave owner!"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1046051734022488065

I don't think she's entirely wrong here, I'd rather candidates point out that the GOP as a whole is out to destroy your lives rather than focus specifically on Trump and restoring :decorum: in DC. The term "impeachment" is way easier to deflect and disparage nowadays since most people associate it with the Clinton clown show in the 90s rather than the actual no poo poo seriousness of Nixon and Watergate.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm kinda with the no-impeachment poo poo.

I feel Trump would be a way more ineffectual lame duck, and may even cost his party a few more points by yelling at clouds than a lame duck Pence who may know the wheels to turn to affect policy without having any legislative controls. The Democrats in the meanwhile could subpoena and investigate the poo poo out of Trump et, al. to hopefully toss them in jail for corruption of one kind or another.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

I'm kinda with the no-impeachment poo poo.

I feel Trump would be a way more ineffectual lame duck, and may even cost his party a few more points by yelling at clouds than a lame duck Pence who may know the wheels to turn to affect policy without having any legislative controls. The Democrats in the meanwhile could subpoena and investigate the poo poo out of Trump et, al. to hopefully toss them in jail for corruption of one kind or another.
That and the big complaint last election was that the Dems spent so much time pointing at Donnie and calling him an idiot than actually talking about important topics. I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people say, but we need to focus on issues this time.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Well she also came out against medicare for all so what the hell is she actually fighting for?

edit: I guess she has loosened her stance on it after a quick google

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Doners

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Heck yeah, I love me some doner kebab

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

donairs are better

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Heck yeah, I love me some doner kebab

remember: the 1% taste like pork

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Dorner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Boners are better

• Locked thread