Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

For the Brits and Australians: Are your taco bells its own store or are they connected to KFC as well? Here in the US I pretty much never see a standalone Taco Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think anyone denies it was advertised as a vampire movie, they just think it wasn't meant to be.

Exactly people Kramer into threads that mention FDtD and get rambling about how it was meant to be advertised as a straight heist movie and the vampires are a surprise twist. But nobody ever backs that up with anything beyond "well I caught it on tv one afternoon and it had surprise vampires"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Mu Zeta posted:

For the Brits and Australians: Are your taco bells its own store or are they connected to KFC as well? Here in the US I pretty much never see a standalone Taco Bell.

I live in America and I've never seen a non standalone Taco Bell

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

When we in Australia originally had taco Bell they were all attached to KFC. Then they disappeared, and now we have one in the country that opened last year as a standalone.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We used to have a taco bell/pizza hut combo. The best was going there late at night and seeing if the workers were willing to make some pizza taco monstrosity for you.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pizza Hut makes sense in German because the logo looks like a hat & hut means hat in German.

The weird thing is it doesn't look like a hut at all.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
There was a stand alone taco bell in Monterey, CA and it was super weird. It had the 1980s logo instead of the modern logo in front.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

Pizza Hut makes sense in German because the logo looks like a hat & hut means hat in German.

The weird thing is it doesn't look like a hut at all.
Maybe this will clarify things:

The restaurant has such an iconic look that it ruins whatever moves in later. Enjoy: http://notfoolinganybody.com/

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

They have both. More recently it’s a Taco Bell combo with a Pizza Hut, a KFC, or a Long John Silvers - but there are stand alone ones too.

And yes, nothing beats the dueling aromas of Mexican and seafood.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hirayuki posted:

Maybe this will clarify things:

The restaurant has such an iconic look that it ruins whatever moves in later. Enjoy: http://notfoolinganybody.com/

no i know, but thats not a hut. huts dont look like that.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

no i know, but thats not a hut. huts dont look like that.

racist

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is called Pizza Hut because when the guys who founded it were buying a sign they said they wanted it to say "Pizza" and the signmaker said you can add three more letters for free.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

muscles like this! posted:

It is called Pizza Hut because when the guys who founded it were buying a sign they said they wanted it to say "Pizza" and the signmaker said you can add three more letters for free.

finally an explanation that makes sense!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mu Zeta posted:

In Chicago we now have Taco Bell Cantinas which are Taco Bells (Tacos Bell?) that sell booze.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

In Chicago we now have Taco Bell Cantinas which are Taco Bells (Tacos Bell?) that sell booze.

I read the one in Wicker Park is closing and moving to Lakeview which owns because I just made the same move

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rantmo posted:

Do they have jizz-wailers?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

rantmo posted:

I hereby second this suggestion for the official pluralization of Taco Bell.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Joey Freshwater posted:

I read the one in Wicker Park is closing and moving to Lakeview which owns because I just made the same move

I work by the one in the Loop and I've been surprisingly good about it considering how large Tacos Bell loomed in my teens. Also, every thread is the Chicago thread.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taco Bell Cantina concept is a Chicago Original and is being expanded in Chicago and nationwide because it turns out "lovely inauthentic mexican food" is a fantastic pairing with "lovely inauthentic mexican liquor"

I had to take a field trip to the Cantina location as a work field trip which might be simultaneously the best and worst thing I've been paid to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taco Bell officially describes itself as Tex-Mex, so ‘lovely inauthentic’ would be redundant.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a multi-story taco bell in Las Vegas that not only serves booze but also officiates weddings along with a banquet for $500. And yes the banquet is a pile of nachos and tacos.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

iajanus posted:

When we in Australia originally had taco Bell they were all attached to KFC. Then they disappeared, and now we have one in the country that opened last year as a standalone.

We do have quite a few Taco Bill restaurants, though
https://tacobill.com.au/locations

Also our Burger Kings are called Hungry Jacks because when they wanted to expand to this market in the 1970s they found there was already one little restaurant already using the name so the Australian franchisee had to pick a different name from a list of alternates they already owned. But then in 1996 the Australian trademark lapsed and the US Burger King corporation went "You know what, this Australian guy fuckin' sucks, lets just open our own stores and edge him out of business" so they started opening Burger King stores in Australia but the Hungry Jacks guy took them to court and won so they had to gently caress off back to America.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also our Burger Kings are called Hungry Jacks because when they wanted to expand to this market in the 1970s they found there was already one little restaurant already using the name so the Australian franchisee had to pick a different name from a list of alternates they already owned. But then in 1996 the Australian trademark lapsed and the US Burger King corporation went "You know what, this Australian guy fuckin' sucks, lets just open our own stores and edge him out of business" so they started opening Burger King stores in Australia but the Hungry Jacks guy took them to court and won so they had to gently caress off back to America.

that owns

McDonald's lost a case against a Danish guy who called his hotdog stand McAllan (latter part being his given name) tho he ended up divorced & destitute :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

We do have quite a few Taco Bill restaurants, though
https://tacobill.com.au/locations

Yes but taco bill is actually tasty

And the time when we had both burger king and hungry Jack's was awesome and hilarious

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Why not Pizza Hat?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

HaB posted:

I have never seen nor heard tell of a Pizza Hut version until this thread.

It's ingrained in my brain as Taco Bell because I had the (mis)fortune of actually working at Taco Bell at the time and oh god the promotional materials for months and months...

Why can't we have both?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

honestly surprised it took this long for the song to get posted

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Some taco bells in Canada have liquor licenses, but they only have a single beer tap and it dispenses bud light.

It's the worst of all possible worlds.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Lmao if you aren't already drunk by the time you hit taco bell

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I go to mucho burrito and I can get a beer there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can also get a Jarritos, unless you want the tamarind which my wife always does and they never carry

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In Scott Pilgrim, Gideon coughs up a few coins instead of blood.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Inzombiac posted:

In Scott Pilgrim, Gideon coughs up a few coins instead of blood.

After he explodes into coins, as the rest of Sex Bob Omb scrambles for coins, you can see Young Neil pop a single coin into his mouth.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

After he explodes into coins, as the rest of Sex Bob Omb scrambles for coins, you can see Young Neil pop a single coin into his mouth.

:colbert:

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

They should have gone with "Pizzaaaa"

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

tweet my meat posted:

What lovely truck stop of a place do you live that can't support standalone T-bells?

Not that I haven't seen Kfaco Bells, Kfaco Huts, and Kfaco Fishing Huts, but still: those are less the rule than the exception.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Nth Doctor posted:

What lovely truck stop of a place do you live that can't support standalone T-bells?

Not that I haven't seen Kfaco Bells, Kfaco Huts, and Kfaco Fishing Huts, but still: those are less the rule than the exception.

I don't, I said that I have never seen a taco bell/kfc/pizza hut combo anywhere near where I live, which is the real subtle movie moment when you think about it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I think Pittsburgh had a Kentaco Hut when I was in college there.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

tweet my meat posted:

I don't, I said that I have never seen a taco bell/kfc/pizza hut combo anywhere near where I live, which is the real subtle movie moment when you think about it

poo poo, you're right that is subtle. And I'm illiterate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i really liked my local subterranean rat burger place until denis leary got all weird about it