Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

"Whaaaat's up, everyone!" - the beginning of literally every one of these videos.

Yep, I should have took that as not a good sign.

The only thing I got from any of the videos is that Mace and Cade suck. Thanks for that insider knowlage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I remember looking up whether I should get one zeta or another for a toon and one of the videos I clicked on was like 15 minutes. What the gently caress could you possibly talk about for 15 minutes regarding a single toons zeta abilities?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least one of the videos I watched was 20 minutes of discussing mods on GM Yoda. Another was how to organize your favorites, another 20 minutes.

This is probably YouTube's algorithms fault.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011

Cidrick posted:

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of these events where the AI team starts with 100% turn meter, since it turns into a restart-fest until you get an opening salvo that you can survive.

Apparently it's possible to do without Bossk or any Zetas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jd0ve/how_to_beat_7_chewie_with_og_bhs_and_g11_and_a/

Even with my arena mods on my BH and a zeta G12 Bossk lead, I still couldn't beat it after 5 or 6 tries :(

Confirmed winning strat, beat it first go @5* with a pretty lame team. Got lucky and didn't lose anyone on the first "turn", nuked down Chewie and got lucky again with detonators sticking

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
I am just sitting here with my fingers crossed that Dengar or Zam shows up enough in their stores to get me to 5* before the event ends. :(

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Crumbletron posted:

They ran this way back in the winter last year, around December. I wonder if it'd be worth buying one to see if they'd still honour it (providing there's no until date on the fine print of the card). Those rewards are really good considering you don't need to spend a dime of the gift card on the game -- I bought two of those when it was up.

I swore last year was JTR. Am I just incredibly high?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Confirmed winning strat, beat it first go @5* with a pretty lame team. Got lucky and didn't lose anyone on the first "turn", nuked down Chewie and got lucky again with detonators sticking

Yeah I tried this and got it on my first try as well.

Tier 6 & 7 no way, guess I'll have to wait until next time around and I have a 7* Bossk.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

I swore last year was JTR. Am I just incredibly high?

JTR is a legendary event (Well a "hero's journey" event) and would absolutely not come from a promotional purchase.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

JTR is a legendary event (Well a "hero's journey" event) and would absolutely not come from a promotional purchase.

I knew that acid trip was legit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
7* zBossk and 4x G11+ BH's isn't a guarantee for an easy win on this BH event

I highly recommend zBossk/Boba/Dengar +2. Cad Bane is an easy pick because of his ship, maybe IG-88 too, but he's really bad in the event. Greedo or Zam would be better in the 5 hole.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Can confirm, that Chewie strategy worked for my mostly lovely BH team to get 5 star Chewie. Thanks for posting it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 28, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

7* zBossk and 4x G11+ BH's isn't a guarantee for an easy win on this BH event

I highly recommend zBossk/Boba/Dengar +2. Cad Bane is an easy pick because of his ship, maybe IG-88 too, but he's really bad in the event. Greedo or Zam would be better in the 5 hole.

Cad is an easy pick because his stun and basic are baller af.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Cad is an easy pick because his stun and basic are baller af.

that too, his abilities play into this zbossk leader in this event very well.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Worked to get me to 5*, thanks!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I'm getting bored with my level 54 alt, going to abandon it. Let me know if you want it, top arena payouts, has a pretty good Bastila jedi squad. Hit me up on here or discord if you're interested in getting a friend hooked on this game and giving them this account.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
By way of sharing thresholds for 7*:
G12 zBossk
G12 Cad
G11 ig88
G11 greedo
G11 boba

Took about 3 hrs of attempts and a pretty good modified arena set (mostly speed, but potency crosses on all the debuffers plus cc on greedo). Tons of potency definitely helped under zBossk once i survived the opening salvo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

fishtobaskets posted:

By way of sharing thresholds for 7*:
G12 zBossk
G12 Cad
G11 ig88
G11 greedo
G11 boba

Took about 3 hrs of attempts and a pretty good modified arena set (mostly speed, but potency crosses on all the debuffers plus cc on greedo). Tons of potency definitely helped under zBossk once i survived the opening salvo.

I was able to 7* chewie with no Bossk

Boba G12 276 spd/70.68% potency
Dengar G11 216 spd/75% potency
Cad Bane G10 186 spd/74.09% potency
Greedo G11 203 spd/83% potency
Zam G11 212 spd/101% potency

It took 3+ hrs as well and who knows how many attempts. I had to like 1v3 with Boba at the end vs R2/Rolo/Lando. The key was getting 3 thermal dets on Chewie, who blew up to low enough health that I could execute him with Boba and get BH resolve back. The next hurdle was killing Han, and again Dets were key here because he had 1 on him which allowed dengar basic to call assist on him and I think I ended up executing him as well or maybe just basic attacking him.

Once I got payout Boba was able to hold off everyone else. Killed Rolo->Lando->R2.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
G12 zBossk
G12 Boba
G11 IG88 (he's worthless, a G8/9 of anything else woulda died just as well)
G9 Dengar
G9 Cad Bane

Can't really stress enough how bad IG88 is here. Just... fuckin' don't. If you've got any other BH to G8+ and 7*, just use them.

I went straight for lando and managed to get PO when I killed him, stunning Chewie when able.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Goddamn g10 and g11 bossk are easy as hell. Once you get the stun gun out of the way g9 its real easy to get him up

sometimes have fun checking out weird min/max mod options on this site https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/
whats the most health/prot I can get on my sion?

130k combined? not bad

how about just pure defense?

52% armor? anyone know how exactly held by hatred/pain work? does it make mods into account bc 300% of that 52.3% armor seems hilarious and those mods have a lot of room for growth

best speed on fastest character?

I can juuuust hit 300

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Noodles, can you come back to Discord? It's becoming much more important for organizing and you missed a couple deploys in TB. Thanks!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I wonder what kind of cosmic coincidence all those players that got Chewie at 7* with those "low" geared no zeta teams experienced.

Im doing what everyone else with such teams (G12 Boba, G11 Greedo, G10 Zam and Cad, G9 Dengar) do and have hyperstacked potency on them.
After 2 hours of attempts i have yet to even get past Chewie's protection.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

MichiganCubbie posted:

Noodles, can you come back to Discord? It's becoming much more important for organizing and you missed a couple deploys in TB. Thanks!

Yeah I'm in there...on my PC. I've recently had some issue where it simply refuses to authorize the 2fa key on my phone. I work on appointments so I'm always on the road, not being able to discord on the my phone is kinda lovely

Edit: I've actually never missed a TB deploy. I make a point of getting all that poo poo done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I zeta'd Finn. figure that will help when JTR comes around again.

But according to the discord I should have everyone I need to complete CLS when it starts soon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ineptitude posted:

I wonder what kind of cosmic coincidence all those players that got Chewie at 7* with those "low" geared no zeta teams experienced.

Im doing what everyone else with such teams (G12 Boba, G11 Greedo, G10 Zam and Cad, G9 Dengar) do and have hyperstacked potency on them.
After 2 hours of attempts i have yet to even get past Chewie's protection.

seriously it's just confluence of events. you need a couple of dets to land on chewie and for the right ppl to be alive and for boba to crit when you attack chewie and confirm the kill. keep trying it's seriously some of the most hosed up rng bs in the game yet

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah, you need the following conditions to happen:

-Chewie needs to start the fight with pulverize, but not target Boba or Dengar, but needs to crit dengar (to stealth Dengar)
-R2 needs to try to stealth, instead of single target or use his fire skill (stealth is prevented by a stealthed Dengar)
-Boba needs to crit with his execute on Chewie and the debuff needs to land
-The incoming round of enemy attacks needs to be spread so that Boba, Greedo and Cad survives
-A few of the following needs to happen:
---Greedo needs to land his TD on Chewie
---Zam needs to land her TD on Chewie
---Cad needs to stun Chewie
---Dengar needs to shoot a debuffed Chewie and trigger an assist
-Boba (probably) needs to get a multi attack on Chewie, which now needs to die. Here is where things get murky but you kinda want Chewie to go first to trigger the TDs so that Boba can get the killshot on him and refresh his extra life mechanic, if he -goes before Chewie and Chewie dies to the TDs Boba does not get kill credit)
-You now have 1 round of attacks to down Han and get the contract while still having a few dudes left, and congrats now the event starts to look manageable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
And I thought P3 HSTR sucked.

Thank you, G12 zBossk. You da man.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Now that I have Jedi Rey what teams should I be building for various phases of the game?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Now that I have Jedi Rey what teams should I be building for various phases of the game?

zzJTR/zzR2/zzBB8/RT/Scav Rey is the P1 HSTR team.

JTR/R2/BB8/GK +1 (Scav/Nest/RT/CLS/Chopper) is a common TW/Arena build

JTR/R2/BB8/L3/IG88 is the new JTR/Droids hotness.

I use the JTR CORE (JTR/R2/BB8) for a lot of poo poo in light-side TB. It's a very easy quad to do the special missions that aren't rebel specific like day 6. Rolo has to lead, but JTR/BB8/R2/GK works fine for clearing the AT-ST.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 11, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

Beautiful thanks.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

zzJTR/zzR2/zzBB8/RT/Scav Rey is the P1 HSTR team.

JTR/R2/BB8/GK +1 (Scav/Nest/RT/CLS/Chopper) is a common TW/Arena build

JTR/R2/BB8/L3/T3 is the new JTR/Droids hotness.

I use the JTR CORE (JTR/R2/BB8) for a lot of poo poo in light-side TB. It's a very easy quad to do the special missions that aren't rebel specific like day 6. Rolo has to lead, but JTR/BB8/R2/GK works fine for clearing the AT-ST.

IG88 not T3 is the new droids hotness.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

IG88 not T3 is the new droids hotness.

thanks,m8

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
RJT is real good

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Having just got JTR and enough mats for a zeta, where should I put it? Keep in mind I don't have one R2 or BB8 yet either so I'm not sure which to prioritize

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Gorgolflox posted:

Having just got JTR and enough mats for a zeta, where should I put it? Keep in mind I don't have one R2 or BB8 yet either so I'm not sure which to prioritize

R2 is great in general and for several teams but BB8 brings out JTR's strengths. Zeta her leader first.

The real downside with JTR is now I have a practically worthless Finn and Poe.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

R2 is great in general and for several teams but BB8 brings out JTR's strengths. Zeta her leader first.

The real downside with JTR is now I have a practically worthless Finn and Poe.

Finn & Poe can be cool in their own team together:
JTR, bb8, scav rey, r2, tank
Zfinn, poe, holdo, rp, rt

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Id say rjt lead, then bb8 roll with punches, then r2 uniques. rjt uniques are good but mainly for pvp, dont make a huge difference in raids

with just rjt lead and bb8 rwp you can solo phase 4 HAAT and do decent damage in 6* str

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 22, 2018

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

fishtobaskets posted:

Finn & Poe can be cool in their own team together:
JTR, bb8, scav rey, r2, tank
Zfinn, poe, holdo, rp, rt

I've been working on getting my Holdo up but old republic is getting in the way. What tank would you suggest for the JTR team?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

I've been working on getting my Holdo up but old republic is getting in the way. What tank would you suggest for the JTR team?

Probably GK, thats whats most common in arena teams. Then you still have old ben for a jedi team if you need both for a TW or something

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Awesome, I just put it on JTR lead and I'll get BB8 next. Thanks for steering me in the right direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Yeah I'm in there...on my PC. I've recently had some issue where it simply refuses to authorize the 2fa key on my phone. I work on appointments so I'm always on the road, not being able to discord on the my phone is kinda lovely

Edit: I've actually never missed a TB deploy. I make a point of getting all that poo poo done.

Doji/Noodles, now's the time to show that you do make a point of getting TB done. You're the last one for the day one, 2-star Phoenix fight. Please get it done ASAP.