Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you lead off with "It's only Beta, so no one should care about stats, let's just get as much combat in as possible." you would have more traction.

Nah pretty much everyone but you and one other guy seemed to understand exactly what I was saying and didn’t take offense to it. I was legit just asking a question.

Also lol at caring about your stats in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Macy's being resonable???

What? Veni was asking a question because his experience with us in Blackout didn't mesh with his observations from other group based BR games.

Seemed simple enough to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nothing is simple in this thread, Macy’s. There’s a reason we have guides for everything.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nothing is simple in this thread, Macy’s. There’s a reason we have guides for everything.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

veni veni veni posted:

Nah pretty much everyone but you and one other guy seemed to understand exactly what I was saying and didn’t take offense to it. I was legit just asking a question.

Also lol at caring about your stats in video games.

How else am I going to make fives of dollars carrying people to wins on Fiverr?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Kizurue posted:

Usually if the rest of the team wipes I will straight up ask if they want me to jihad into enemies or keep trying. Keep in mind this happens rarely seeing as I'm usually one of the first to die.

This is the correct course of action, imo. I know there were a few times I would either miss the drop zone on purpose or on accident, and if I died first I would watch the rest of the team and if I was the last alive I would ask if they wanted me to go guns blazing. Kind of depended on the circle and if I had good loot.

I also think that if there is anyone left and you have a shot at 5th or better, go for it. This was also my first BR game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

El Jebus posted:

This is the correct course of action, imo.

No. You play to win. The rest of your team should learn from their experience.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mister Facetious posted:

No. You play to win. The rest of your team can learn from the experience.

Also they need time to reflect on why they died like a bitch, and brainstorm ideas on how to not die like a bitch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I already said "learn from the experience". That would be redundant.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

so this game gonna be ok after all or

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 30, 2018

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mister Facetious posted:

No. You play to win for fun.

:colbert:

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 30, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

El Jebus posted:

This is the correct course of action, imo. I know there were a few times I would either miss the drop zone on purpose or on accident, and if I died first I would watch the rest of the team and if I was the last alive I would ask if they wanted me to go guns blazing. Kind of depended on the circle and if I had good loot.

I also think that if there is anyone left and you have a shot at 5th or better, go for it. This was also my first BR game.

This is 100% the best course of action imo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, and fun is seeing my team getting top five.

Doesn't matter who it is, how it's done, or what the odds are.
Besides, it's not like the bullshitting stops when we die. We can amuse ourselves while we wait.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 29, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

As someone with an ABOVE AVERAGE win percent across all BR games I've ever played, I will out myself as the weird one and say: WINNING IS FUN

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

What is the average? Do tell. :allears:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

What is the average? Do tell. :allears:

In a game with 100 players, 1% for single player, 2% for duo and 4% for squads. Also 4% for Quads.

Also, I know this sounds crazy but the average KDR is roughly 1, but slightly below.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
BR sounds like it's full of drama I just wanna play Dom

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Blackout has less than 100 players.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Not anymore. They bumped it to 100 at the end of the beta and the goal is 114.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mister Facetious posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9gm5ec/final_push_blackout_beta_extended_to_12pm_pst_100/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not anymore. They bumped it to 100 at the end of the beta and the goal is 114.

That was on the last day though. Please adjust your figures to factor games played during each player count limit.

Because using odds calculated on a player count of 100 when the original count was 80 is being disingenuous.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 29, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

That was on the last day though. Please adjust your figures to factor games played during each player count limit.

Because using odds based on when the count was 80 is being disingenuous.

Multiple them by .88

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Multiple them by .88

You are gonna need to adjust for metric in Macys' case.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Multiple them by .88

Sounds like someone is afraid to show their stats.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hi hello.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

How in the gently caress did you play sixteen hundred games?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

How in the gently caress did you play sixteen hundred games?

PUBG has been out since March 2017.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Meh. I was hoping for your CoD stats. Oh well.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Meh. I was hoping for your CoD stats. Oh well.

Can't see them anymore. I believe it was 8% wins in Squad, 12% in Duos.

Here's a screenshot of a thing though. I did that.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 29, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not surprised Duos is higher than Quads. Trying to finish off downed people really fucks with handling groups.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Not surprised Duos is higher than Quads. Trying to finish off downed people really fucks with handling groups.

Yea, especially when you have teammates who won't play aggressively with you. I think Duos is optimal, since you only have to force one teammate to play the way you want to. This is compounded when armor works the way it did in beta too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really enjoy squads when you can get a whole group together just for the fun factor, but duos is a much tighter experience, that personally I think is the best way to play either Blackout or pubg. It’s harder to get the same level of synergy with 4 people.

Solo is an occasional fun novelty but it’s complete trash compared to playing on a team.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BqjjN87EuY

:911: :patriot:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 30, 2018

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

If youre in a squad of people you know and only person left before top 60 you need to go rambo until you hit top 20 then play to win. Otherwise it's not fun for anyone and just get to the next game.

Also how did anyone finish below a 25% win rate in the beta? Ppl were awful. In the end literally no one cares about win % because all real cod boys will be in domination. edit: pubg is only /harder/ because of how poorly it works and ((((CHINA))))

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No. You play to win. You don't throw away a game you can still win just so your friends can save face because they had bad luck early.
gently caress that e-honor bullshit. It's entirely possible to still get top five and earn merits for your friends alone.
Clutch it out. If teammates can't handle dying early, they should go and play MP instead where they have infinite lives.
When I die, I damned well expect my friends to avenge my dead rear end, not jump in the grave with me in the misguided hope I'll feel better.
You want me to feel better? Show me you have the eye of the tiger. Go all the way, and become a loving hero™.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 30, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

faantastic posted:

If youre in a squad of people you know and only person left before top 60 you need to go rambo until you hit top 20 then play to win. Otherwise it's not fun for anyone and just get to the next game.

Also how did anyone finish below a 25% win rate in the beta? Ppl were awful. In the end literally no one cares about win % because all real cod boys will be in domination. edit: pubg is only /harder/ because of how poorly it works and ((((CHINA))))

Not sure if you’re talking about console but if you play hyper aggressively on PC, which is how I play, you won’t have armor beyond the first fight or two. Also people on PC can aim pretty well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

No. You play to win. You don't throw away a game you can still win just so your friends can save face because they had bad luck early.
gently caress that e-honor bullshit. It's entirely possible to still get top five and earn merits for your friends alone.
Clutch it out. If teammates can't handle dying early, they should go and play MP instead where they have infinite lives.
When I die, I damned well expect my friends to avenge my dead rear end, not jump in the grave with me in the hopes I'll feel better.

That's the whole point of going Rambo. Go get the guys that killed your buddies, maybe get some revenge, probably die in the process, start a new game.

You can play the game however you want, but I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself trying to speed up the process after a few weeks, because dragging every round to the bitter end usually gets boring after the novelty wears off tbh. It's really not an e-honor thing it really just makes more sense after a while to ride out the rounds that are going well, and give up the ghost once everything has gone to poo poo. There's definitely plenty of scenarios where it's best to let one surviving guy ride it out, but doing it for the sake of "we haven't officially lost yet" is going to equate to you and everyone you play with having a lot more overall down time than most people who are playing. Which is fine if that's what you dig, but I haven't really ever seen people play BR like that. I'm sure there's plenty that do though, I dunno.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 30, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I have a phone. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find something to do if I die early.
Every game is a chance for victory. Have more self-confidence.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Victory is sweeter when everyone else that could witness it hasn't walked off to take dump or make a sandwich 20 minutes earlier. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

When I walk back into my office and see a win/top 5 finish, it'll be more satisfying than any poop, and more delicious than any sandwich.

Also :lol: if you don't think we won't try to backseat drive you to victory.

Jones surviving to the end was the best thing I've saved to my YouTube.