Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

zedprime posted:

That's just how England looks even today.

Moving to acknowledge the 5 jam tart trefoil to be used as a universal warning about English food.

Just to be clear, that's the thing with the uh, 6 sections, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grits and gravy is peak poor people food

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Just to be clear, that's the thing with the uh, 6 sections, right?

Do you perhaps mean the thing with seven sections?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Randaconda posted:

Grits and gravy is peak poor people food

Grits and weenies

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Grits and weenies

Look at Mr. Moneybags over here who can afford meat. :rolleyes:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

rndmnmbr posted:

Taco Bell salsa verde was okay, but it's not a patch on the real stuff.

Shredded chicken soft tacos plus this poo poo = food coma.

I just made chile verde with this since the produce bin only had like 4 ancient runty tomatillos in it. turned out pretty good.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or AUG so I posted it in both.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaazmFnOuo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Croatoan posted:

RIP Salsa Verde

I have one pack still in my fridge and I'm scared to use it. Probably gonna ebay it one day

Randaconda posted:

bring back the green taco bell sauce imo

Aesop Poprock posted:

It was the best one they had :smith:

Good News!

Amazon has bottles of the stuff!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My struggle food as a kid was fried balogna sandwiches. With ketchup.

Edit

Scathach posted:

I saw this at the gas station the other day and recoiled slightly

Dixville has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Sep 30, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Scathach posted:

These kind of things in bar form have been around for like 10-15 years now. In NZ they're called One Square Meal bars, Japan has Calorie Mate, etc.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Scathach posted:

quote:

I had a bar for the first time the night of 9/13/2016:
I had a bar before going to a birthday party for a friend’s daughter. Started to feel somewhat nauseous during the party, and wound up throwing up once I got home, about 2-3 hours after consumption.

Had a bar for the second time the morning of 9/21/2016:
This is the one that sent me to the ER.
Thinking that the first incident must have been something I ate or drank at the party, I had a bar for breakfast with some Starbucks iced coffee on the way to work.
About 10 minutes after consumption i was feeling so bad I had to pull over to the side of the road to throw up. Thinking I had it out of my system, I started driving again and made it all of about 3 minutes before I had to pull over to retch again. After that, I pulled into a gas station, thinking to get some Gatorade to settle my stomach. Then I just started throwing up more and more violently. I started burning up and sweating profusly, and started getting very dizzy, lightheaded, and weak. I continued to throw up untill there was nothing to throw up, and then I just kept dry heaving for about half an hour. I’ve never vomited that much, that hard, or for that long ever in my life. After the vomiting FINALLY subsided, I was still sweating, dizzy, and lightheaded, and it wasn’t getting better. After about 45 minutes in this gas station parking lot, the attendant came out to check on me and convinced me to call 911 because I couldn’t even stand up to get out of the car, no less drive myself anywhere.

quote:

“There was a bright green liquid/gelatinous substance on the inner wrapper of today’s bar,” one reported to the company. “I ate it anyways, confident in my ability to digest anything natural. It otherwise smelled and tasted fine.”

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Lol "I can digest anything natural!" *dies from botulism*

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/13/soylent-bars-recalled-after-some-customers-get-sick/

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Those Soylent drinks have got to be adjusted/fixed from the original. They’ve got to.

:ohdear:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

bike tory posted:

These kind of things in bar form have been around for like 10-15 years now. In NZ they're called One Square Meal bars, Japan has Calorie Mate, etc.

The difference is that these were giving people heavy metal poisoning and were made by a man so bothered by eating that he took antibiotics to kill off his gut flora. He wanted to survive off drinking goo and nearly killed himself and others but somehow managed to keep selling it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Those Soylent drinks have got to be adjusted/fixed from the original. They’ve got to.

:ohdear:

Scathach posted:

The difference is that these were giving people heavy metal poisoning and were made by a man so bothered by eating that he took antibiotics to kill off his gut flora. He wanted to survive off drinking goo and nearly killed himself and others but somehow managed to keep selling it.

The recipe/ingredients have been tweaked a bunch of times since it started. The idea of taking all your calories in this form is super hosed up, I was just pointing out that it isn't a particularly novel idea or product. All that distinguishes it is the "open source" idea and the fact that it's creator is basically a cult leader

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVTIwvJttg

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dang those boys are looking old. It's weird watching YouTubers age, but I also had no idea Ashens was in his 40s. I thought he was early 30s for some reason

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
I’m the foam(?) underneath the salad(?)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aunt Beth posted:

I’m the foam(?) underneath the salad(?)

Looks like collard greens to me

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

spankmeister posted:

Looks like collard greens to me

Yeah it took me a while to realize. I thought the red thing was sliced tomatoes before but I believe it is a hamhock

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Embrace the pizza. The Pizza is freedom. There are no rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Blwn88Rg6A

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The only acceptable way to cut that pizza is with a giant pizza cutter fashioned into a penny farthing

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-dangerous-to-eat-bananas-and-eggs-together

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dilation? Of what?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I was more interested in this part

quora posted:

6. Meat and milk

It was believed that among some ancient tribes there was an inadequate sin of the ability to cook a baby in the mother's milk. And from this legend, it is believed that meat and milk cannot be eaten together.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Dilation? Of what?

Everything.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

it's a bot that reposts stolen content to social media. they're all over facebook too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I posted this in the AUG thread and realized I had forgotten its true home.

One of the owners at work is legitimately crazy, and also suffers from diabetes. She learned that balsamic vinegar can lower your blood sugar, and interpreted it as "Balsamic vinegar cancels out sugars as long as you pour it on whatever you're eating."

Someone walked in on her in the kitchen with a bowl of M&Ms and enough balsamic vinegar to legally make it soup.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
chocolatier in palo alto used to do a balsamic vinegar chocolate. some measure of it was to be more plutocratty, cuz she got the real fuckoff $200/oz balsamic and the highest quality couverture

think of that juxtaposed with m&m soup

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

One of the owners at work is legitimately crazy, and also suffers from diabetes. She learned that balsamic vinegar can lower your blood sugar, and interpreted it as "Balsamic vinegar cancels out sugars as long as you pour it on whatever you're eating."

Someone walked in on her in the kitchen with a bowl of M&Ms and enough balsamic vinegar to legally make it soup.

Is there video?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tashilicious posted:

Is there video?

Hopefully there will be soon!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dixville posted:

A professor of religious studies told me specifically that is not the origin of the kosher meat and milk prohibition, contrary to popular belief.

:shrug:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

chitoryu12 posted:

this is making me very uncomfortable

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dixville posted:

On my phone so I can’t do a good response, but it’s a restriction that Orthodox Jews follow. Grabbed a random link off google; I’m familiar with it because one of my friends growing up kept kosher, so any knowledge I have is second hand.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

What is Waiting for my boyfriend :bigtran:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Elysiume posted:

On my phone so I can’t do a good response, but it’s a restriction that Orthodox Jews follow. Grabbed a random link off google; I’m familiar with it because one of my friends growing up kept kosher, so any knowledge I have is second hand.

Honestly it didn't even occur to me about that being a kosher thing, I just thought the broken English sounded bizarre. Also like CommonShore was saying before, I don't think "cooking baby animals in the mother's milk is wrong" is the actual origin of the kosher restriction but I am not big into religious studies so I will admit I'm fairly ignorant on that subject myself. So if I offended anyone thinking I was laughing at kosher/Jewish practices I apologize and that wasn't my intention!

I'm just gonna quote the whole thing now cause it's kind of hilarious

quora posted:

1. Watermelon and water

90-95% of watermelon is water. As a result of drinking watermelon after drinking water, reducing the efficiency of pancreatic arsenic can be reduced.

2. Tea and yogurt

Both tea and yogurt are acid-prone. As a result of these two plays together, the internal balance of the body may be interrupted and digestion may be hindered.

4. Milk and bananas

These two foods play together, they put heavy pressure on the dilation process. As a result, it is better to not eat these two meals together.

5. Curd and fruit

When acidified food is eaten with diets, they create acid and relieve the body's digestive tract.

6. Meat and milk

It was believed that among some ancient tribes there was an inadequate sin of the ability to cook a baby in the mother's milk. And from this legend, it is believed that meat and milk cannot be eaten together.

7. Lemon and milk

When the lemon is added to milk, it gets accumulated. The same thing happens in the stomach. Although it is generally believed that pancreatic juice is more acid-rich than lemon. But the mixture of lemon and milk is considered poisonous.

8. Antibiotics with dairy products

There are a number of medicines that prevent the absorption of nutrients such as iron and calcium. As a result, after eating the meal, after some time, those medicines should be eaten.

9. Menthol in the mouth of aerial drinks

The chemical reaction is done with mining mixed with the collar. That is why it is believed that cyanide is formed in these two meshes. This belief may not be completely true. Nevertheless, it is better not to take risks.

I think the last one is trying to talk about mentos and coke??

"reducing the efficiency of pancreatic arsenic can be reduced."
You don't say??

Edit - the weirdest thing to me is that the part about dairy and some antibiotics interacting is actually true, I know tetracyclines aren't supposed to be taken with dairy because it reduces efficacy, and I believe there are some others. Granted the advice is incomprehensible but it's close to being informative!

Dixville has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elysiume posted:

This is very illuminating, it sure sounds to me like it was a colloquial aphorism that people didn't understand and started taking seriously

"Thou shalt not count thy chickens before they hatch. ON PAIN OF HELLFIRE"