Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

kcroy posted:

In the books, the hound is still hidden right? GRRM set up a clegane bowl a long time ago - and even though he is a lazy gently caress, he could no more ignore that scene, than he could ignore "hodor". Clegane bowl is a big payoff for GRRM. I don't know if it will happen in the TV show, but I'm confident it will happen in the ...

Maybe the real Cleganebowl was the friends he killed along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

Maybe the real Cleganebowl was the friends he killed along the way.

Wasn’t one of those dumb shitcorpse spoilers that Arya kills Gregor while Sandor just stands back and watches, thus invalidating Cleganebowl entirely?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Cleganebowl will be a thing in the series, but likely not in book. One of the aspects of the series is that fated, epic duels rarely happen. No duels between Kingslayer versus Knight of Flowers to see who wins, or vengeful victim foiling their nemesis' plan and telling him off before killing him.

Well, except for Arya, who basically just bumps into both her targets and the means to kill them all over the world like it's no thing.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sephyr posted:

Cleganebowl will be a thing in the series, but likely not in book. One of the aspects of the series is that fated, epic duels rarely happen. No duels between Kingslayer versus Knight of Flowers to see who wins, or vengeful victim foiling their nemesis' plan and telling him off before killing him.

I see what you mean - subverting that trope and all. And the leaked "Arya ganks Sandor's mob" makes sense too. I mean Rickon just loving exited screen left with his shaggy dog, so why not.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Well, there are lots of epic duels in the backstory, so GRRM does like those. But, I mean, I think we all know the real reason why there won't be a written Cleganebowl.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Right, the Hound is dead in the books.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kcroy posted:

Hey GRRMZ posted a new Winds of Winter excerpt ( no, no wildcards... that is my next post )

That is so loving boring. You’d think he’d post something enticing that might make people want to buy the book.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kuiperdolin posted:

Right, the Hound is dead in the books.

Hot take: Arya steals his face, battles gregor as sandor, so we technically get the cleaganbowl, but in a stupid, convoluted way.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

If the spoilers from the previous page are true I will eat my hat

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

A dumb, convoluted, poop n incest kid ending is the one showwatchers will love or love to hate for years and go 'omgeee did you seeee it' and the type of ending that masochist bookreaders know we deserve.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

wut

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In Poop We Trust

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvAeWR-aE6U

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

making GBS threads farting tittybust

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

balls shart and tits to the wind, my naked sword is drawn as pink and gleaming as a fresh-carved festive ham. "ye!" i cry as it plunges to the maiden's breast and she takes it into herself with a honk of passion, vast, salty, tumescent, stretched to its very limits by my thousand million children yearning to be born

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

cannot. loving. stop making GBS threads. squert! squart! squort! it showers acidic down upon the upturned faces of my kin

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the destiny. my breasts

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
GRRM has found the thread. Look alive, people!

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

avshalemon posted:

avshalemon posted:

balls shart and tits to the wind, my naked sword is drawn as pink and gleaming as a fresh-carved festive ham. "ye!" i cry as it plunges to the maiden's breast and she takes it into herself with a honk of passion, vast, salty, tumescent, stretched to its very limits by my thousand million children yearning to be born

avshalemon posted:

cannot. loving. stop making GBS threads. squert! squart! squort! it showers acidic down upon the upturned faces of my kin

avshalemon posted:

the destiny. my breasts

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Thread is now #blessed

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

avshalemon posted:

destiny my breasts
squart! squort! it showers

Probed for his art, he was persecuted in his own time - it would be decades after his death that the subtle imagery and circadian rhythm of his words would find a receptive audience.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

avshalemon posted:

as pink and gleaming
my thousand million children
festive fresh-carved ham

First, a confession: there is a terror in writing a review like this, a low but present thrum, almost percussive: When (and where, and how – responsibly) to mention Maester Aemon? The titanic figure casts such a shadow over Westeros psychic construction (and, indeed, projection) of the Essos archipelago that it may be hard, at times, to unsee his images, to unlearn his influence. And yet, in AGOT, that larger appreciation of influence—and of tradition, literary, cultural, intellectual, psychic—binds these poems in a way that is holistic and expansive. It reminds us (almost to a startling degree, to this reader) that our sense(s) of place are rooted in experience both personal and collective, and are fundamentally told and re-told and passed on. Place, simply, is a gift—and gifts are to be shared.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

avshalemon posted:

avshalemon posted:

avshalemon posted:

avshalemon posted:

the destiny. my breasts

#blessed

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

</thread>

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Arya killing the Mountain while the Hound watches would actually be the most thematically awesome version of Cleganebowl

"Clever girl..."
"You taught me well."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Mountain mortally wounds the Hound, and as he stands over a dying Sandor, he pulls off his face to reveal Arya. “I bested your brother and now I’ve bested you.” *Fortnight dance*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Actually why does anyone still want Cleganebowl anyway? The Mountain is dead already. There's no indication he's anything more than a zombie. Also the character arc of the Hound should end with him renouncing violence, not triumphing via the use of it

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

But... get hype :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I am hype

For poopbowl

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

precision posted:

Actually why does anyone still want Cleganebowl anyway? The Mountain is dead already. There's no indication he's anything more than a zombie. Also the character arc of the Hound should end with him renouncing violence, not triumphing via the use of it

pfft but thats what youd expect. GRRM is gonna subvert expectations by havingem fight anyway.

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .
If GRRM really wants to subvert expectations, he should write the next book.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Single and LOVING IT posted:

Hahaha.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

precision posted:

I think people misread the Hound's whole characterization and interpret the Mountain as his rival or nemesis in some respect

that's not what the Mountain is
to Sandor, he's just the crystalization/focal point of the whole corrupt world order
his burning hatred of Gregor is wrapped up tightly in his resentment of his father, the lannisters, and virtually everyone/everything
killing Gregor wouldn't accomplish anything for him imo since he knows there's a thousand smaller Gregors out there, being enabled.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

I think people misread the Hound's whole characterization and interpret the Mountain as his rival or nemesis in some respect

that's not what the Mountain is
to Sandor, he's just the crystalization/focal point of the whole corrupt world order
his burning hatred of Gregor is wrapped up tightly in his resentment of his father, the lannisters, and virtually everyone/everything
killing Gregor wouldn't accomplish anything for him imo since he knows there's a thousand smaller Gregors out there, being enabled.

Whoa whoa whoa. What are you doing? We're not here to actually discuss these bad stupid books.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Single and LOVING IT posted:

:hmmyes:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

PupsOfWar posted:

there's a thousand smaller Gregors out there, being enabled.

Alexa, enable my smaller Gregor.

OK, enabling smaller Gregor.

*Clegane, PI theme starts*

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Oh, poo poo. Do It.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Also the character arc of the Hound should end with him renouncing violence, not triumphing via the use of it

yeah. It would have been nice if they just left him there in the abbey or whatever, and it was just the careful reader who even caught that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kcroy posted:

yeah. It would have been nice if they just left him there in the abbey or whatever, and it was just the careful reader who even caught that.

I think that would be a good way to end his arc on the show. Sandor renounces violence when all's said and done and goes back to the Riverlands to rebuild Ray's sept now that Gregor and the Brotherhood are all finally dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

loving hell i forgot that they got ian mcshane on the show and then just lynched him like half an episode later