Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Fun fact: it's pronounced Cold Iron, but spelled Coldyron.

I really wish it was pronounced Coldy Ron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Also why did they make ROTOR basically Judge Dredd but without a conscience, and yet Robot Cop had a sassy human personality? Was he built when they thought the post-apocalypse wasteland would be ruled by a tribunal of people who'd been on "Dean Martin's Celebrity Roasts"?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got my rifftrax d.rip challenge coin and pin. Anyone else?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We just watched Fun In Baloon Land.....

:psyboom:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We just watched Fun In Baloon Land.....

:psyboom:

Yay yay.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of insanity, I saw another riffable short that praised marriage as the union of two incomes. But it denounced those newlyweds for blowing money on furniture instead of establishing a heritage of silver dinnerware. Now available thru payment plans so you can buy it even if you can't afford a chauffeur.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rirse posted:

Yay yay.

In Mitchell, Mike does the Yay Yay thing and it completely got me.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

My wife has been watching a lot of 50s kitchen shorts and last night she found one that basics said not having an all-electrical kitchen would cause a housewife to age prematurely.

“Honey, get an electric range or I will die” is a heck of a sales pitch.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does she follow any youtube channels for them? Periscopefilm, weirdo video, Jeff Quitney, etc?

Edit: Here's one where people get hurt because of moral failings. It's narrated by a talking clock.

https://youtu.be/fVcapo3cyEk

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 30, 2018

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

RandomPauI posted:

Does she follow any youtube channels for them? Periscopefilm, weirdo video, Jeff Quitney, etc?

Edit: Here's one where people get hurt because of moral failings. It's narrated by a talking clock.

https://youtu.be/fVcapo3cyEk

"The death certificate should have said: 'Died of Boredom.'"

Holy poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The acting in Retro Puppet Master is so astonishingly awful.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

muscles like this! posted:

I need to watch that one again...I had not seen The Room before I saw it, only found out it stars (oh hi) Mark after reading his book.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I got my rifftrax d.rip challenge coin and pin. Anyone else?

Yup! I am very impressed with them also.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

That guy from the Room is in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MrMidnight posted:

And everyone else is so much worse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrMidnight posted:

And he's legit the best actor in it apart from Old Toulon in the preface.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Retro Puppet Master is just... an utterly ill-conceived movie on every level. Like, even aside from the acting blowing chunks, the whole idea of the movie is dumb as hell even by Full Moon/DeCoteau standards and it actively retcons one of the better movies in the franchise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barely anything actually happens in the movie, it feels like 20 minutes of plot stretched out over an hour and a half. Also the movie opens with old Toulon finding the broken cyclops puppet and saying he's going to explain what happened to him and then proceeds to not do that.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And he's legit the best actor in it apart from Old Toulon in the preface.

The best part of Retro Puppet Master is reading in the Disaster Artist that the reason Greg Sestero got the part for the movie was because he, having a native French mother and speaking French as a second language, was able to "nail Toulon's accent" and blow away the casting team. And then you go and see the movie and hear the actual accent Greg is putting on and you can only wonder: "Holy gently caress-balls, what must the other actors who auditioned for the part have sounded like?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't forget that they originally asked him to do a British accent for a character named Andre Toulon but he felt like he couldn't do it so he suggested French instead.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Retro Puppet Master is just... an utterly ill-conceived movie on every level. Like, even aside from the acting blowing chunks, the whole idea of the movie is dumb as hell even by Full Moon/DeCoteau standards and it actively retcons one of the better movies in the franchise.

I've got the Full Moon add-on to my Amazon Prime thing and they, as a studio, have gone HEAVY into A) jokey self-referential poo poo and B) just plain repackaging footage of older movies into "compilations" that are entirely pointless in the age of streaming.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've got the Full Moon add-on to my Amazon Prime thing and they, as a studio, have gone HEAVY into A) jokey self-referential poo poo and B) just plain repackaging footage of older movies into "compilations" that are entirely pointless in the age of streaming.

The tackiest part is that they have also taken to crowdfunding to crank out their stuff, and the resulting films are still half recap!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Barely anything actually happens in the movie, it feels like 20 minutes of plot stretched out over an hour and a half. Also the movie opens with old Toulon finding the broken cyclops puppet and saying he's going to explain what happened to him and then proceeds to not do that.

It then ends with him telling you hell tell you what happened to him another time and Im going to wager he doesnt do that either!!!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Frankly I'm just completely astonished they thought a PG-13 Puppet Master movie where the villains are lovely-looking laser mummies was a good idea.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who mainly watched the original back in the day I find it a little off to have movies where the puppets are the heroes seeing as in the first couple they definitely were not and would just straight up murder people.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

As someone who mainly watched the original back in the day I find it a little off to have movies where the puppets are the heroes seeing as in the first couple they definitely were not and would just straight up murder people.

Well they started fighting Nazis so you know

Don't worry, nowadays they're just being funded by Nazis

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Well they started fighting Nazis so you know

Don't worry, nowadays they're just being funded by Nazis

The Littlest Reich is a weird non-canon alternate universe, Band has outright said the original series is continuing at Full Moon. Axis Termination just came out last year.

e: also 2 pretty much sets up the face turn, because it establishes that the Puppets have a mind of their own and will totally work with whoever, regardless of morality, as long as they see that person as a bro

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Reverse-sized Godzilla.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

This isn't technically Rifftrax related, but Mike Nelson and Rifftrax writer Connor Lastowka have restarted their bad book review podcast 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back.

This time they're doing Eye of Argon. They also have a patreon. If you haven't given a listen to their series of podcasts on Ready player One, I recommend it.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 13, 2018

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ready Player One riff releases tomorrow!!

Also, I had a thought about doing a fundraiser.

I'm going to watch wither the Manos Live show or Star Wars Holiday Special on a loop for 24 hours (or until my brain melts) as a fundraiser.

Which would be better?

Looks like it's going to have to be the Star Wars Holiday Special. Nevermind, it works out that "Life Day" is on November 17th. That's a Saturday this year, so it kind of works out.

There may be a familial conflict here. This might not happen...lol

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 18, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think Ballooonland would be best.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

This isn't technically Rifftrax related, but Mike Nelson and Rifftrax writer Connor Lastowka have restarted their bad book review podcast 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back.

This time they're doing Eye of Argon. They also have a patreon. If you haven't given a listen to their series of podcasts on Ready player One, I recommend it.

The follow-up run they did for Armada was even better, the sheer naked rage at the ending of the book was hilarious.

MBPearls
Jan 25, 2005
the Blueline Goddess
Looks like I'm super late to the party, but my Kickstarter/driptax pins and coin just arrived (and my DVDs). Never really expected to have TWO copies of Space Mutiny (granted one is MST3k) but looking forward to comparing the two as there were scenes in the Rifftrax version (not just the extended ~sexy~ scene) that I don't recall in the MST3k version.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

There was almost a story in RPO. Armada is an insane slog through nothingness.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Uncle Wemus posted:

There was almost a story in RPO. Armada is an insane slog through nothingness.

True, but 360 pages of buildup and then Cline shits his pants and yadda yaddas the actual climax in less than a paragraph. Mike and Conor reacted in hilarious outrage.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Curing all diseases on earth is PART of ONE sentence.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
For Kickstarter backers, the RPO riff is now available as are the two new shorts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched Treasures of the Amazon the other day and man that's a real weird downer of a movie. It's just bad things happening to awful people (and boobs.)

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Watched Treasures of the Amazon the other day and man that's a real weird downer of a movie. It's just bad things happening to awful people (and boobs.)

Yeah, but the boobs were pretty spectacular at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It's shot like it should be a little light-hearted, humorous jungle romp that you'd see think pieces about condemning its patronizing racism as antiquated and instead, well, you got this movie where some really awful people have some terrible things happen to them but you keep waiting for a laugh track anyway.