Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I have a hard time reconciling it tbh, because even though I played one and a half of the new games my mental image of lara croft is still someone doing a front flip over top the head of a tiger while firing dual pistols into it

ad infinitum until it stops pouncing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I’d like a Tomb Raider game with the modern engine but set completely inside one massive tomb.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

psychoJ posted:

I played this for the first time recently, and it holds up for the most part

Yeah, the only part that’s bugging me is the fixed camera locations can get a bit annoying and I feel like I’m fighting against them some. I haven’t played it since the original release.

The Colonel posted:

i s-ranked all of dmc1 on every difficulty a couple months ago. it's a fun game mostly but it also has gryffon and nightmare

I recall that. Not sure how you pulled it off but I don’t fully understand the ranking system, other than I’m sure my taking a while on some of the key/door locations probably isn’t helping my rank. Been all C’s so far.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Dallas police are on the hunt:

quote:

Theft and forgery charges filed last year in Collin County accuse Martin of stealing millions from his former employers, prominent Frisco business owners Randy and Kristy Pitchford. Martin's attorney says he's innocent. If convicted, Martin could face life in prison.

But for now, Martin — whose lavish lifestyle often made him the center of attention — has disappeared.

Why would you steal Randy's money?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Randy stole it from Sega for Colonial Marines then delivered Borderlands 2. Follow the trail.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Randy is just using his surprisingly impressive close up magic talents to just make it seem like his money has been stolen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

randy's theft was: felony; hobby-grade; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive esports; meta-growth, choice + epic forgery

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

lmao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i wish i had enough money in my bank account to not notice when it's leaking thousands of dollars

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Pictured: Martin on the lamb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:nws:ish
https://i.imgur.com/ziXtbIb.jpg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1046201571602644992

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do you do when you really want to play video games but you’re also super tired?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What do you do when you really want to play video games but you’re also super tired?

Uh that's that Gamer Fuel™ is for

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

listen to some chill videogame music instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0V6LtfDwU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

that's when you play 3ds in bed

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Infinitum posted:

Pictured: Martin on the lamb

This made me laugh more than it should.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What about Bowsette-ette, and it's like a hotter version of bowsette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

she can't put on two crowns, that's just stupid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Lay in bed and play professor layton "daily puzzles"

I've been doing this all day. I find it weird that you have to beat the games to access them, considering they're loving fantastic and every game has over 400 of them, a fact that I don't think is even advertised on the box or whatever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

that's when you pull out your phone and play some mobage in bed

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jay Rust posted:

Pound a rail and play video games anyway, duh!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Really Pants posted:

listen to some chill videogame music instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0V6LtfDwU

:hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

listen to streams and play a jrpg

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm loving everything about Tales of Berseria but my favorite part by far is all the lovely advice everyone in the party keeps giving to Laphicet, it's the best worst family.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

current gamesong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdw9nAS3dZE

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Looper posted:

listen to streams and play a jrpg

Agreed with this actually. With two kids under 3 sometimes I'm too tired to do anything but I can manage podcasts + a jrpg or Yakuza sidequestin'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silent Hill 4 really blows conventions out of the water for the series by featuring both an Apartment Building and a Hospital

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why the gently caress would anyone dress up as Trump's Dick for Halloween? :confused:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I'm loving everything about Tales of Berseria but my favorite part by far is all the lovely advice everyone in the party keeps giving to Laphicet, it's the best worst family.

Tales of Berseria has a amazing group dynamic. My favorite bit is the fact that they party is aware that Velvet can be a bit of an edgelord so need to come up with bullshit excuses so that she can do what she wants without her pride getting in the way.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I watched my friend play the beginning of CrossCode and it looks like my poo poo but I'm hesitant to get a new game on computer. I wish it was on switch. It's insane that they made it in html5 especially considering how good it looks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/5QkSjJ2.mp4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

It's really really freaking good, but I like Xillia just a tiny bit more

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
edward roivas' chapter in eternal darkness is pure loving rear end but they're immediately following it up with a chapter where the DARPA chief from mgs1 voices a fireman who goes around smacking eldritch monsters with an axe so that's cool

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since October is spooky games month, I figured I'd do my yearly dive into horror games by burning through Resident Evil 5 - spoiler, it's not too bad! I actually think the story is pretty good and politically ahead of its time, bizarrely enough. It ends up being about the inherent hierarchies of capitalism that reduce groups of being people to being labeled subhuman, with the main villain unleashing a doomsday virus in order to kill off most of the planet for having weak genes. I'm still waiting on the finished RE4HD Project, but I might jump into Operation Racoon City. And I think after that I really wanna see what this Raid Mode RPG in Revelations is all about.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also please use this as the subtitle for spooky games month chat

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Since October is spooky games month, I figured I'd do my yearly dive into horror games by burning through Resident Evil 5 - spoiler, it's not too bad! I actually think the story is pretty good and politically ahead of its time, bizarrely enough. It ends up being about the inherent hierarchies of capitalism that reduce groups of being people to being labeled subhuman, with the main villain unleashing a doomsday virus in order to kill off most of the planet for having weak genes. I'm still waiting on the finished RE4HD Project, but I might jump into Operation Racoon City. And I think after that I really wanna see what this Raid Mode RPG in Revelations is all about.

its a really fun Co Op game

• Locked thread