Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

etalian posted:

I think Bernie is too nice for the current political environment.

bernie is the compromise candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StashAugustine posted:

Why is the guillotine smiley thermidor, that was the reaction

It's a long story involving a goon making a game about the french revolution called Thermidor that didn't involve the guillotine last I heard

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmao the bull obviously represents capital and has for like a hundred years. It’s insanely ubiquitous. The girl statue recontextualizes this iconic figure of capitalism as an out-of-control animal.

Thinking that statute girl is effective propaganda at the mass level for whatever firm put it up just because they own it is like.. extreme capitalist mindset. Obviously the girl is intended as essentially a commercial for some dogshit investment firm. Who cares? That’s not what it means to anyone who is looking at it. You have to go read a plaque or some poo poo to find that out. The bull probably has an equally retarded “real meaning” about prosperity or something.

Yeah, there are probably a handful of Ivy-league fish people who think it reflects well on the firm. The VAST majority of people have no idea who bought it or think it’s ironic that a major capitalist firm would produce such an obviously anti-capitalist piece. I certainly have no idea which firm it was, and I would be shocked if anyone here new of the top of their head.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its bad

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

looool what a loving dipshit

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you're too galaxy brain for my mere mortal mind to reinterpret a corporate ad with a specific diversity capitalism message as anti-capitalist

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

lmao the bull obviously represents capital and has for like a hundred years. It’s insanely ubiquitous. The girl statue recontextualizes this iconic figure of capitalism as an out-of-control animal.

Thinking that statute girl is effective propaganda at the mass level for whatever firm put it up just because they own it is like.. extreme capitalist mindset. Obviously the girl is intended as essentially a commercial for some dogshit investment firm. Who cares? That’s not what it means to anyone who is looking at it. You have to go read a plaque or some poo poo to find that out. The bull probably has an equally retarded “real meaning” about prosperity or something.

Yeah, there are probably a handful of Ivy-league fish people who think it reflects well on the firm. The VAST majority of people have no idea who bought it or think it’s ironic that a major capitalist firm would produce such an obviously anti-capitalist piece. I certainly have no idea which firm it was, and I would be shocked if anyone here new of the top of their head.

same but....uh....hillary?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Kingfish posted:

The bull is probably literally the Golden Calf

Fearless Girl is a literally symbolic sacrifice signifying performative wokeness as apologetics for unrestrained capitalism

the USA is a pagan nation

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Kingfish posted:

Source your quotes.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ur all wrong

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I like the sysmbolism of a hopeful, young millennial about to get annihilated by capitalism

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

yeah death of the author leads to dumb poo poo like this for a corporate ad

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

ur all wrong

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if you think about it really hard maga can be reinterpreted as a symbol of anti-capitalism

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i love how much you can tell the two holding the flag they really don't want to be there

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Do you think the Democrat establishment would be as hostile to Avenatti? So far they've reflexively punched left at every opportunity and supported their leadership caste to the point of political suicide.

the Dem establishment loving loves Avenatti and have actively been aiding his rise...

...which should be everyone's first clue that he's lying scum

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

kingfish can you find like literally at least 1 person other than yourself in the entire world to cite fearless girl as a symbol of anti-capitalism (not merely reform capitalism or diversity capitalism) and ill stop making fun of you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Kingfish posted:

sir this is the Wall Street Journal editorial board

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
All "art" loving sucks.

Serf
May 5, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

All "art" loving sucks.

matt christman account detected

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

The late 2018 re-contextualization is that Fearless Girl is the Wall St Bull but wearing the Super Crown.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

More awkward forced photo staging than a ISIS video.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Remember when all the Wall Street Frat douche bags couldn't help themselves from vandalizing or taking pictures of them feeling up the statue. The ruling class is too dumb to recognize symbolism that supports them

KomradeX fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 30, 2018

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

who cares, if you go on Ellen regularly your career is protected.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KomradeX posted:

Remember when all the Wall Street Frat douche bags couldn't help themselves in line vandalizing or taking pictures of them feeling up the statue. The ruling class is too dumb to recognize symbolism that supports them

After living close NYC for a few years I can't decide if new money tech bros or finance bros are worse.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Iron Twinkie posted:

The late 2018 re-contextualization is that Fearless Girl is the Wall St Bull but wearing the Super Crown.

you guys are broke-brained

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

etalian posted:

After living close NYC for a few years I can't decide if new money tech bros or finance bros are worse.

They're both equally awful

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The girl status is the physical embodiment of the neoliberal 👏MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 GENOCIDAL 👏 MURDERERS 👏 type of thing and [In the larry the cable guy voice] you might be a liberal if you like it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Iron Twinkie posted:

Hahahaha, this is true

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

The girl status is the physical embodiment of the neoliberal 👏MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 GENOCIDAL 👏 MURDERERS 👏 type of thing and [In the larry the cable guy voice] you might be a liberal if you like it

This. And any Wall Streeters who interpret defiance in it can just reassure themselves that the little girl is going to get absolutely pasted by the bull.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

wasn't slashie some kind of rachel dolezal figure? lmao

Rachel dolezal did nothing wrong unlike slashie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh my god shut up about the stupid statue

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Phi230 posted:

I like the sysmbolism of a hopeful, young millennial about to get annihilated by capitalism

fearless girl? more like idiotic girl who is about to get trampled by capitalism.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

Zakaria supported the April 2017 U.S. missile strike against a Syrian government–controlled airbase. Zakaria praised President Trump's strike and said it was the moment "[he] became president of the United States.”[35]

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm all for welding a cattle bolt gun into the hand of the little girl.

In all seriousness, the girl statue is rendered in the image of labor and revolutionary statuary present aplenty outside the US. I can see Kingfish's point.

comedyblissoption posted:

if you think about it really hard maga can be reinterpreted as a symbol of anti-capitalism

After your sincere endorsement for RT, it has been difficult to determine when you're joking.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014