Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

This is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
every kid i've met at work named calvin is named for the comic and every single one of them is awful

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

What an inaccurate costume. He's not even pissing on anything!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

every kid i've met at work named calvin is named for the comic and every single one of them is awful

So accurate to the comic? Being a terrible human being is a large part of the appeal.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Um excuse me they're PRECOCIOUS

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What an inaccurate costume. He's not even pissing on anything!

Is no one going to comment on the dangers of that child hugging a real live tiger?!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Don Gato posted:

So accurate to the comic? Being a terrible human being is a large part of the appeal.

oh for sure

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Oh neat, I didn't know Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels liked Mortal Kombat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The genderbent character Bowsette was only created about 10 days ago but has already become super super popular and there's already a whole bunch of people posting cosplay photos
When I first heard about it I thought it was people making a furry(scaley???) fem-bowser version. It just being mad max/80's cyberpunk thug peach was a relief and also kinda boring at the same time.

also apparently it had over a hundred million mentions on japanese twitter within a couple days, which is really goddamn nuts, nintendo created a monster with just a 4 second trailer clip.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

lol that Scorpion really sells it.

yeah, that is pretty impressive

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Invictus posted:

When I first heard about it I thought it was people making a furry(scaley???) fem-bowser version. It just being mad max/80's cyberpunk thug peach was a relief and also kinda boring at the same time.

also apparently it had over a hundred million mentions on japanese twitter within a couple days, which is really goddamn nuts, nintendo created a monster with just a 4 second trailer clip.

I can see that you're happy living your life in that knowledge so I guess don't mouse over this spoiler? It IS a fem-bowser. Also it's not even an official Nintendo character, Nintendo created a new in-game item which is a crown that turns Toadette into Peachette and some webcomic artist drew a comic strip where Bowser puts on the crown and the character went crazy viral from there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I can see that you're happy living your life in that knowledge so I guess don't mouse over this spoiler? It IS a fem-bowser. Also it's not even an official Nintendo character, Nintendo created a new in-game item which is a crown that turns Toadette into Peachette and some webcomic artist drew a comic strip where Bowser puts on the crown and the character went crazy viral from there.

Not onnly that but it's spread to every other character in the mario franchise, like Boo and Chain Chomp

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You think that's some poo poo? Check this out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

No, like, I know all about it now, hard to avoid it what with absolutely everyone talking about it basically this entire last week. Also apparently it's kinda become a flagship of the transgender community which is neat.

I did see someone, in relation to the "every mario character gets the crown mushroom", did a drawing of that horrible moray eel from dire dire docks in mario 64 and turned them into a suitably horrific fishperson.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

RareAcumen posted:

Bowsette is such a powerful meme that she reached backwards through time.

This means that it's inevitable that she'll be in a Mario game sometime, right? Not a big one, just as, like, a Mario Golf character or something. There's designs in Nintendo's offices already.

Also, if you look at that full page in the tweet there is a fantastic Mario :stare: panel in the lower right corner that's cut off in the embed. I just want to point it out, so that nobody misses it.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Also, if you look at that full page in the tweet there is a fantastic Mario :stare: panel in the lower right corner that's cut off in the embed. I just want to point it out, so that nobody misses it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RareAcumen posted:

:psyboom:

Cleretic posted:

This means that it's inevitable that she'll be in a Mario game sometime, right? Not a big one, just as, like, a Mario Golf character or something. There's designs in Nintendo's offices already.

I figure they'll just make an Evil Koopa Princess that strangely resembles Bowsette, if they do anything at all.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
If Toadette puts the crown on and becomes Peachette. Wouldn't Bowser be called Powser or Beach?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theSpokeyDokey posted:

If Toadette puts the crown on and becomes Peachette. Wouldn't Bowser be called Powser or Beach?

You can't infer a rule from one example GOSH

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
It can choose it's own nouns and pronouns, thank you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The idea of a crown that turns a character into a Peach Hybrid is funny, and not so out there now that Cappy is a thing. The thing that gets me is how much all the fan art automatically goes the terrible route and has every single "-ette" have huge boobs and wearing skimpy, revealing costumes. Which is nothing at all like how Peach looks herself. Nerds ruin everything.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Mama mia

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Would Mario become Marie or Maritte

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Marionette

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

Choco1980 posted:

The idea of a crown that turns a character into a Peach Hybrid is funny, and not so out there now that Cappy is a thing. The thing that gets me is how much all the fan art automatically goes the terrible route and has every single "-ette" have huge boobs and wearing skimpy, revealing costumes. Which is nothing at all like how Peach looks herself. Nerds ruin everything.

It's just nerds being horny that's kinda ruining that. The original Bowsette design with a shoulderless dress was good, because it actually does fit with Bowser and isn't really 'skimpy' so much as 'slightly more revealing than Peach's usual'. The one that's basically just lingerie sucks.

The other good one I liked was a Booette that was a really classic 'cute witch' look. And Booettes are kinda shameful otherwise because there's there's nothing fitting Boo or Peach in their design.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

theSpokeyDokey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxb6yzOYF_Q&hd=1

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Choco1980 posted:

In Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl, if you hit pause and swiveled the camera you could see that Peach had texture mapped panties. Subsequent games gave her a black groinal abyss. This ridiculous censorship shows that we're moving backward as a socie- :suicide:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Whatever did happen to Black Groinal Abyss? I stopped following them after they gone speed metal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

It's just nerds being horny that's kinda ruining that. The original Bowsette design with a shoulderless dress was good, because it actually does fit with Bowser and isn't really 'skimpy' so much as 'slightly more revealing than Peach's usual'. The one that's basically just lingerie sucks.

The other good one I liked was a Booette that was a really classic 'cute witch' look. And Booettes are kinda shameful otherwise because there's there's nothing fitting Boo or Peach in their design.

Leotard Bowsette may be based on Olympics Peach. That Peach design is popular because nerds are horny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I regret that I encouraged this conversation and I apologise to the thread

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I hate everything about Bowsette.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I regret that I encouraged this conversation and I apologise to the thread

It's no Snatch Duster assault so it could've been much more annoying.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

my cat is norris posted:

I hate everything about Bowsette.

Bowsette (everything nothing about it)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Cat_Cosplay/status/1046111149329125378

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I respect the tits bowser for her big Brain and personality not like you sickos OK

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Emmy-O-Lantern posted:

I respect the tits bowser for her big Brain and personality not like you sickos OK
I respect him for his resplendent beard and beefy pythons

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i’m the twin bed

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Blue Footed Booby posted:

In Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl, if you hit pause and swiveled the camera you could see that Peach had texture mapped panties. Subsequent games gave her a black groinal abyss. This ridiculous censorship shows that we're moving backward as a socie- :suicide:

Now I wanna see a Daisy cosplay with a third eye...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Emmy-O-Lantern posted:

She just wants Mario to be happy and loved the way he deserves to be loved. :3: