Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count_Brass
Jul 16, 2009
Finishing up the first two GS from the Kill Team box, really cool models! Scale75 "Hellbound Flesh" is a very cool colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Those looks rad!

I've gotten ton of use from the Scale Fantasy Flesh set.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

TheChirurgeon posted:

Played a game against Kingsl4yer today, World Eaters vs. Space Wolves, Maelstrom of War. We had a blast, and he's a cool dude. The determining factor in the game ended up being my Chaos Lord using Chaos Boon after killing Arjac. Read about the game in my battle report on Goonhammer: http://www.goonhammer.com/subdomains/forums/battle-report-blood-and-ice-world-eaters-vs-space-wolves/

Key highlight: Dreadnoughts square off after recreating the "Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man" meme

I love seeing those old Chaos Dreadnoughts on the table! I’m very disappointed that Forgeworld discontinued them; I’d love one for my Word Bearers.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Harvey Mantaco posted:

There's something called a chaos lord in my death guard codex. Is there specifically a nurgle one i need for my army or would I just buy like this: http://www.thundergamesandgifts.com/product-p/gw1438.htm and paint it nurgly? Is that how people do it?

My advice, convert your own from kits. Grab a plague marine model you like, or if you're feeling froggy a ForgeWorld 30k Death Guard, and Nurgle him the gently caress up with bits and greenstuff until you have a guy that looks like someone who'd boss around your other guys.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheChirurgeon posted:

Played a game against Kingsl4yer today, World Eaters vs. Space Wolves, Maelstrom of War. We had a blast, and he's a cool dude. The determining factor in the game ended up being my Chaos Lord using Chaos Boon after killing Arjac. Read about the game in my battle report on Goonhammer: http://www.goonhammer.com/subdomains/forums/battle-report-blood-and-ice-world-eaters-vs-space-wolves/

Key highlight: Dreadnoughts square off after recreating the "Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man" meme

Im the broken window fortunately omitting the Wuffs from the Big Four.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Count_Brass posted:

Finishing up the first two GS from the Kill Team box, really cool models! Scale75 "Hellbound Flesh" is a very cool colour.

Cult Hydraic?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Two Beans posted:

My advice, convert your own from kits. Grab a plague marine model you like, or if you're feeling froggy a ForgeWorld 30k Death Guard, and Nurgle him the gently caress up with bits and greenstuff until you have a guy that looks like someone who'd boss around your other guys.

Out of curiosity do people get lovely in tournaments and competitive play when you do that? Like making one's own chaos lord out of random stuff?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

moths posted:

Goddamnit, I just realized that Rule of Three completely breaks Fallen.

The fallen are (sadly) completely broken in many many ways. Which is a shame because I really like them thematically?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Out of curiosity do people get lovely in tournaments and competitive play when you do that? Like making one's own chaos lord out of random stuff?

I'm a funhaving narrative guy, so I can't answer your question. However, the reaction you get when an opponent sees a well-converted model is an accurate litmus test on how tolerable they are going to be to play with over the course of a game. If they complain or have something snide to say about it, sorry bruh.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Usually as long as its reasonable most players won't get lovely. It mainly depends on lgs and their stance. Usually you submit a list they eyeball it day of if there is a problem they'll say something.

If a player says something halfway through a match they're probably being a dick an it'll just make a TO watch. Pretty much its a case by case thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Harvey Mantaco posted:

The best thing to do is to verify it's cool ahead of time with the TO. If it's obvious what it is and there's no real advantage then it's generally fine. For example I made a Primaris Watch Master by adding a Custodes spear to a Gravis Captain and just sent some pics to the NOVA folks. No problems.

NightWonder
Nov 15, 2015

"I Use Psychic To Put Stuff In The Toilet."
I have a quick question for any Tau players out there; are Tau suit commanders any good, or is it all about those coldstar suits now?

I haven't faced many Tau players and the ones I've had played often surrender after a round of Marine shooting.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Harvey Mantaco posted:

No. People either love playing against cool conversions and themed armies or they're apathetic. For years it was de rigueur for a lot of things anyway, back when whole units might be without models or missing significant options.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Your options for power armor Chaos Lords are conversions or old metal models with bad wargear and chunky 90’s aesthetics.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

NightWonder posted:

I have a quick question for any Tau players out there; are Tau suit commanders any good, or is it all about those coldstar suits now?

I haven't faced many Tau players and the ones I've had played often surrender after a round of Marine shooting.

They're still pretty good, yeah. Coldstars are obviously better, though, which is irritating. I like using the XV8 Commander because it's cheap as gently caress at 76 points plus like 7 points of gear, but that's because I use it as a 'reroll failed wounds' effect on my Riptide.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Strobe posted:

They're still pretty good, yeah. Coldstars are obviously better, though, which is irritating. I like using the XV8 Commander because it's cheap as gently caress at 76 points plus like 7 points of gear, but that's because I use it as a 'reroll failed wounds' effect on my Riptide.

Don’t forget that Coldstars can’t mount what is probably the best commander gun (Cyclic Ion Blasters). Most Tau players seem to run some coldstars that can go hunting with fusions and some backline commanders with CIBs, and honestly the latter is on the rise because fusion commanders going hunting are way less good when there are so many invuln saves in the metagame (and will take a further hit now non invuln tanks likely get a 6+ against them on turn 1).

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Badablack posted:

Your options for power armor Chaos Lords are conversions or old metal models with bad wargear and chunky 90’s aesthetics.

There's the Dark Vengeance plastic chaos Lord and a couple of plastic champion models in the same kit you can get pretty cheap that work very well as chaos Lord's.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Thanks for all the Primaris tips!

I am actually getting in my first game of 8th in about 6 months, tomorrow. Been playing Sigmar lately. I will be fielding my Crimson Fists for the first time against someone that isn’t one of my children! Playing a new opponent who will be using Death Guard / Nurgle Demons.

My List:

Primaris Captain in Gravis
Primaris Librarian
LT with power sword
LT with Bolter
Primaris Apothecary
6 Intercessors
6 Intercessors
5 Scouts with Heavy Bolter and Bolters
5 Hellblasters
3 Inceptor with assault Bolter’s
3 Aggressors with Boltstorm
Repulsor with las talon, lascannons, onslaught Gatling, fragstorm

I plan to load up the Captain, LT, Apothecary, and Aggressors in the Repulsor to seize a key objective and/or attack a critical enemy unit. Rest of the army will go for objectives and target key enemy threats. I figure the biggest danger for me willl be Demon Princes, Demons, Terminators, and vehicles.

Any thoughts on my list against Nurgle? Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Thanks for all the Primaris tips!

I am actually getting in my first game of 8th in about 6 months, tomorrow. Been playing Sigmar lately. I will be fielding my Crimson Fists for the first time against someone that isn’t one of my children! Playing a new opponent who will be using Death Guard / Nurgle Demons.

My List:

Primaris Captain in Gravis
Primaris Librarian
LT with power sword
LT with Bolter
Primaris Apothecary
6 Intercessors
6 Intercessors
5 Scouts with Heavy Bolter and Bolters
5 Hellblasters
3 Inceptor with assault Bolter’s
3 Aggressors with Boltstorm
Repulsor with las talon, lascannons, onslaught Gatling, fragstorm

I plan to load up the Captain, LT, Apothecary, and Aggressors in the Repulsor to seize a key objective and/or attack a critical enemy unit. Rest of the army will go for objectives and target key enemy threats. I figure the biggest danger for me willl be Demon Princes, Demons, Terminators, and vehicles.

Any thoughts on my list against Nurgle? Thanks!

Depends on what your opponent brings. I think you're better off putting the Captain and a Lt with the Hellblasters so they can utilize those rerolls against what will be your toughest targets. It also might not be a bad idea to include the Librarian with that group for Smite. The apothecary and a Lieutenant can go with the Aggressors to provide healing support and improve the chance to wound on what will ideally be a ton of shots. Depending on what your opponent fields you can either deep strike the Inceptors on turn 2 or deploy them on turn to provide some serious firepower against hordes and 1W models. You have 5 HQs so field a Battalion and a Supreme Command detachment for a few extra command points.

If I was facing an army like that I would prioritize taking out the Repulsor and Hellblasters. Those are going to be the biggest threats against my army, especially if the Repulsor is loaded with a valuable unit. If I'm reading your list right you're around 1500 points, which means you're almost certain to be facing enough anti-tank to blast a Repulsor in one turn.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Depends on what your opponent brings. I think you're better off putting the Captain and a Lt with the Hellblasters so they can utilize those rerolls against what will be your toughest targets. It also might not be a bad idea to include the Librarian with that group for Smite. The apothecary and a Lieutenant can go with the Aggressors to provide healing support and improve the chance to wound on what will ideally be a ton of shots. Depending on what your opponent fields you can either deep strike the Inceptors on turn 2 or deploy them on turn to provide some serious firepower against hordes and 1W models. You have 5 HQs so field a Battalion and a Supreme Command detachment for a few extra command points.

If I was facing an army like that I would prioritize taking out the Repulsor and Hellblasters. Those are going to be the biggest threats against my army, especially if the Repulsor is loaded with a valuable unit. If I'm reading your list right you're around 1500 points, which means you're almost certain to be facing enough anti-tank to blast a Repulsor in one turn.

Don't forget Dark Angels can reroll 1s to hit if they don't move, so the Captain's utility with the Hellblasters is pretty significantly reduced. Absolutely agree on the Lieutenant though.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

That really Orky banner of Khorne is actually cool as hell even if the rest of the picture is better left in the 80s.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

Don't forget Dark Angels can reroll 1s to hit if they don't move, so the Captain's utility with the Hellblasters is pretty significantly reduced. Absolutely agree on the Lieutenant though.

He's playing Crimson Fists.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's playing Crimson Fists.

I can can't read. :downs:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Hey goons, a friend is leaving the hobby rather than carefully packing up all her poo poo for a move--her loss is your gain! Anyone interested in a ton of DeathGuard and Nurgle Daemons? I'll try and gather a comprehensive list of things, but I know offhand she has the following:

2 Plaugeburst Crawlers
1 Typhus
4 Foetid Bloat Drones
2-3 Myphitic Blight Haulers
1 Mortarion
2-3 Daemon Princes (regular, Nurgle-painted)
1 Tallyman
1 NOS set of 5 Blightlord Terminators
1 Plague Surgeon
1-2 Plague Champion
1 Biologus Putrefier
1 Foul Blightspawn
2-3 Lord of Contagion
2-3 Malignant Plaguecaster
2 Noxious Blightbringer
20-30+ Poxwalkers
20-30+ Plague Marines

1 Chaos Renegade Knight

1 Spoilpox Scrivener
2 Feculent Gnarlmaw
1 Horticus Slimux
9 Nurglings
1 Sloppity Bilepiper
20-30+ Plaguebearers
2-3 Poxbringers
1 counts-as Great Unclean One (Glottkin)
3 Beasts of Nurgle (plastic)
3 Beasts of Nurgle (Finecast)
6 Plague Drones

We'd let this go for a few hundred or something; throw dollars at me to start your new army.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
I really don't need another army, but :getin:

Name your price ($300? $350?). It looks like it's worth more, and I'll barter, but up to you/her

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Hey goons, a friend is leaving the hobby rather than carefully packing up all her poo poo for a move--her loss is your gain! Anyone interested in a ton of DeathGuard and Nurgle Daemons? I'll try and gather a comprehensive list of things, but I know offhand she has the following:

2 Plaugeburst Crawlers
1 Typhus
4 Foetid Bloat Drones
2-3 Myphitic Blight Haulers
1 Mortarion
2-3 Daemon Princes (regular, Nurgle-painted)
1 Tallyman
1 NOS set of 5 Blightlord Terminators
1 Plague Surgeon
1-2 Plague Champion
1 Biologus Putrefier
1 Foul Blightspawn
2-3 Lord of Contagion
2-3 Malignant Plaguecaster
2 Noxious Blightbringer
20-30+ Poxwalkers
20-30+ Plague Marines

1 Chaos Renegade Knight

1 Spoilpox Scrivener
2 Feculent Gnarlmaw
1 Horticus Slimux
9 Nurglings
1 Sloppity Bilepiper
20-30+ Plaguebearers
2-3 Poxbringers
1 counts-as Great Unclean One (Glottkin)
3 Beasts of Nurgle (plastic)
3 Beasts of Nurgle (Finecast)
6 Plague Drones

We'd let this go for a few hundred or something; throw dollars at me to start your new army.

Painted? Assembled? NIB?

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks for the tips!

Also, I am running the Captain with the Armor Indomitus and Storm of Fire to further buff all the shooting from my main assault group. Librarian is going with Null Zone; can that stop Disgustinrgly Resiliant?

I will take a look at reworking the list slightly as recommended. I don’t thinkI can do a Supreme Command; the Apothecary is an Elite. I have several other HQs though so maybe in another list. Still need to paint my converted Pedro Kantor!

Thanks!

Soldier o Fortune fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 30, 2018

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Strobe posted:

That really Orky banner of Khorne is actually cool as hell even if the rest of the picture is better left in the 80s.

How many people are just now realizing that the khorne symbol is a skull

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
The army is mostly painted but for some primed (some even primed on sprue :argh: ) things here and there. I'll post photos.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

The army is mostly painted but for some primed (some even primed on sprue :argh: ) things here and there. I'll post photos.

Is this US or UK?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Thanks for the tips!

Also, I am running the Captain with the Armor Indomitus and Storm of Fire to further buff all the shooting from my main assault group. Librarian is going with Null Zone; can that stop Disgustinrgly Resiliant?

I will take a look at reworking the list slightly as recommended. I don’t thinkI can do a Supreme Command; the Apothecary is an Elite. I have several other HQs though so maybe in another list. Still need to paint my converted Pedro Kantor!

Thanks!

I don't know how I thought you had 5 HQs. Welp. Honestly I don't think that the Apothecary will get you points back if you have something else to bring.

Null zone works against psychic powers, and disgustingly resilient is an innate ability so I don't think so.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know how I thought you had 5 HQs. Welp. Honestly I don't think that the Apothecary will get you points back if you have something else to bring.

Null zone works against psychic powers, and disgustingly resilient is an innate ability so I don't think so.

Null Zone works against Invuln saves. It does not affect Disgustingly Resilient.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Seriously, I'll take this at any reasonable price. Don't care whether it's painted or assembled (I'd probably strip and repaint anyway)

Dibs :eng99: PM me the asking price

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

evol262 posted:

Seriously, I'll take this at any reasonable price. Don't care whether it's painted or assembled (I'd probably strip and repaint anyway)

Dibs :eng99: PM me the asking price

Backup dibs on all that! PM me.

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 30, 2018

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I just assembled two squads of cataphractii termies and a cataphractii Captian. Assmuning for one moment that terminators don't suck, what chapter benefits them the most. I'm learning Dark Angels so that I could drop them in with a a master who has the WL trait master of maneuver for the rerolls to charge if I ever get my Deathwing back out.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mef989 posted:

I just assembled two squads of cataphractii termies and a cataphractii Captian. Assmuning for one moment that terminators don't suck, what chapter benefits them the most. I'm learning Dark Angels so that I could drop them in with a a master who has the WL trait master of maneuver for the rerolls to charge if I ever get my Deathwing back out.

Iron Hands get a 6+++ which is nice. If they're Assault oriented you can't go wrong with either Blood Angels or Space Wolves, both of whom get great bonuses on the charge.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Sorry, y'all, I do not have PMs/DMs on a d**d g*y comedy f*rum; I can be reached at herpderpspamcatcher AT g mail DOT com.

E: I'll go over and set a decent price for what I can find and get back to everyone in order of dibs called.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 30, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Today I'm getting started painting a bunch of my Blood Angels that have been gathering dust. Not coincidentally, today begins my quest to win some casual games with a "Traditional" Blood Angels chapter list. Starting off with no real list in mind, but it looks like it'll be pretty close to 2000 points. I expect it to go very poorly, but ultimately I think I just want to have some nicely painted Renaissance Small Bois.

Terminator Captain
Terminator Librarian
Death Company Chaplain
Sanguinary Priest

30x Tactical Marines

15x Assault Marines

5x Sternguard Veterans
5x Vanguard Veterans
5x Assault Terminators
Furioso Dreadnought

Baal Predator

Drop Pod
2x Razorbacks

I'll try to post pictures as I get them finished. Don't expect Booley level mans, because I am bad. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

moths posted:

Goddamnit, I just realized that Rule of Three completely breaks Fallen.

There have been complaints about that since the day after the FAQ. Seems like no one actually uses Fallen outside of narrative though, so it hasn't been much of a problem.

The bigger issue is that GW didn't notice they completely broke a core functionality of a unit with both rules in a codex and models, and then when they revisited things six months later... they still didn't notice.