Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Slash posted:

I think sonarr/radarr work best if you just leave them running permanently and let it figure out when to grab stuff. It know when shows should become available, and starts searching at appropriate times i believe.

Yeah the whole point is to avoid the computer janitoring older solutions required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've definitely had issues where releases are out and Radarr hasn't grabbed them (it's always been a bit more finicky than Sonarr as it's the spinoff, but I find it generally reliable these days except a few irks like it sometimes ignores my banned word list, and I still haven't quite worked out how to whitelist .HC. releases), but nothing too badly recently. Usually by the time I've spotted something I want is there, it's grabbed and in Plex waiting for me.

If you've changed lots of settings from the defaults, you're probably doing it wrong unless you have a very specific use case that requires them. It's pretty good out the box. I think the only thing I added in are some tags for specific releases, and the Recycling folder (can't remember if this is on by default, it's a bit of a pain if your stuff spans multiple drives mind).

When somethings been missed and you go to the Search function for it, does it had a red "!" icon saying why it's ignored the release you want, and if so what does the mouse hover usually say?

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Slash posted:

I think sonarr/radarr work best if you just leave them running permanently and let it figure out when to grab stuff. It know when shows should become available, and starts searching at appropriate times i believe.

This. The expectation is that it's always on, at least that's the way I understand it's use.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

When somethings been missed and you go to the Search function for it, does it had a red "!" icon saying why it's ignored the release you want, and if so what does the mouse hover usually say?

Was going to post this. Any time a release wasn’t there this told me why. Do the manual search.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Usenet.farm is 25% off throughout this weekend. It’s €15/500GB for their block accounts (before discount) and I quite like them. Plus it’s a lot cheaper than blocknews from the OP.

Email says discount should be automatically applied.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Does astraweb know wtf they are doing?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does astraweb know wtf they are doing?

In what way now? Say more please.

For me they've been reliable but you'd hear plenty of people claiming their routers caught fire and electrocuted anyone who put it out when using them.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The issue with my sonarr install not grabbing stuff was due to an issue with the mono installation. I updated mono and it's working as intended.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I randomly tried dognzb 2 days ago and the registrations were open (I think they were closed before?). My account says trial and number of days. Maybe it's a stupid question but do the trial accounts get converted to some permanent but limited account or are they just closed if you don't sign up before the trial period is over?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

lordfrikk posted:

I randomly tried dognzb 2 days ago and the registrations were open (I think they were closed before?). My account says trial and number of days. Maybe it's a stupid question but do the trial accounts get converted to some permanent but limited account or are they just closed if you don't sign up before the trial period is over?

They give you 30 days after the trial ends where you can't use the site but you can upgrade trial to member. If you don't buy membership they delete the trial account 30 days after the trial expiration day. It's hard to find the correct info about how their stuff works but they do have a support forum:
https://dognzb.cr/board/index.php?/topic/4128-trial-to-member/

I've been on a lite account since they reneged on lifetime memberships but it's always best to diversify on nzb sites anyway. The four or five I'm using now seem to keep things moving.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Heners_UK posted:

In what way now? Say more please.

For me they've been reliable but you'd hear plenty of people claiming their routers caught fire and electrocuted anyone who put it out when using them.

Oh they are reliable. But their billing sure ain't. :v:

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh they are reliable. But their billing sure ain't. :v:

Well is that somehow not in our favour? If they give me free Usenet I'll take it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Rexxed posted:

They give you 30 days after the trial ends where you can't use the site but you can upgrade trial to member. If you don't buy membership they delete the trial account 30 days after the trial expiration day. It's hard to find the correct info about how their stuff works but they do have a support forum:
https://dognzb.cr/board/index.php?/topic/4128-trial-to-member/

I've been on a lite account since they reneged on lifetime memberships but it's always best to diversify on nzb sites anyway. The four or five I'm using now seem to keep things moving.

Thanks for the answer! I was looking for the details about the trial membership, read the FAQ and search the forum a bit but didn't find anything.

I've been using DrunkenSlug and Usenet Crawler but the latter is often down. I'm looking for some decent indexers but they aren't that easy to come by IMO. dobnzb has everything neatly sorted and labeled, at least.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Heners_UK posted:

Well is that somehow not in our favour? If they give me free Usenet I'll take it.

Yeah one of those moral choices I guess. Hell renewing the account is a bitch (was, maybe they improved it now) so make me jump through hoops to pay but at the same time I'll pay if you make it easier on me.

For now, what the hell, I'll take it.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

lordfrikk posted:

Thanks for the answer! I was looking for the details about the trial membership, read the FAQ and search the forum a bit but didn't find anything.

I've been using DrunkenSlug and Usenet Crawler but the latter is often down. I'm looking for some decent indexers but they aren't that easy to come by IMO. dobnzb has everything neatly sorted and labeled, at least.

I don't know if any of them are open, but thanks to watching this thread I've picked up accounts for nzb.su, dog, nzb.cat, nzbnoob.com, over the years, and I've still got spotweb on a VM that somehow still works. It's advantageous to keep this thread bookmarked. Also that $3/mo plan for the game of thrones promo from newsdemon has been good. I still get emails from supernews offering me 5.99 for the first month and 11.99/mo afterwards. I don't think they care how expensive they are. My old plan with them was 9.99 and I was always looking for something cheaper.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I'll keep that in mind, thanks! I signed up for dog (only for a year in case they decide to shut down in the meantime or something) and a kind goon sent me some more tips in a PM so I'm all set for now. Setting up everything was a bit of a pain in the rear end but even on my relatively slow internet usenet has been a crazy QoL improvement for me so it was worth it in the end.

e: typo

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 7, 2018

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

A recent update of something or other broke nzbhydra for me on Centos 7 so figured I'd take the opportunity to install hydra2

Hell of a lot easier than getting 1 up and running which required an altinstall of python 2.73, just a simple yum install of the java jre and it ran straight out the box (well, out the zip)

Loads quicker than 1, I'm impressed

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

A recent update of something or other broke nzbhydra for me on Centos 7 so figured I'd take the opportunity to install hydra2

Hell of a lot easier than getting 1 up and running which required an altinstall of python 2.73, just a simple yum install of the java jre and it ran straight out the box (well, out the zip)

2 has been nothing but good for me so far also.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

ClassH posted:

2 has been nothing but good for me so far also.

Until about a month ago it didn't support Java >8, which made it a bit of a headache on newer distros like Ubuntu 18.04 since it uses its own launcher binary rather than a script I could easily point at the old version.

Beyond that, while I still dislike Java in the first place and wish it had stayed Python I can also say 2 has been solid.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

both hydra and hydra2 are easy to install on any OS if you use docker!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Meh. Docker run linuxserver/nzbhydra vs docker run linuxserver/nzbhydra2 isn’t any easier.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Hughlander posted:

Meh. Docker run linuxserver/nzbhydra vs docker run linuxserver/nzbhydra2 isn’t any easier.

It is if you're dealing with multiple JREs and poo poo.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Matt Zerella posted:

It is if you're dealing with multiple JREs and poo poo.

He's saying that hydra2 isn't easier to install than hydra1 when you're using docker. They're both just one command to install.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't really like using docker, I'd rather know exactly how poo poo runs instead of a black box I have to rely on someone else to maintain

I know it's easy, but I'd much rather learn something every time I get a new service up and running

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

A container isn't a black box.

Just look at the Dockerfile and it's like looking at the step by step instructions on how to install it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
You can build your own container and maintain it yourself.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Well then I might as well do it the regular way and learn something along the way, and then no worries if the maintainer drops off the face of the planet all of a sudden

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

Well then I might as well do it the regular way and learn something along the way, and then no worries if the maintainer drops off the face of the planet all of a sudden

If you're going to do it "the regular way", then you might as well do it in a container and learn something else while at the same time not polluting your system with yet another JRE or whatever.

You're not missing out on learning anything by doing it in a container...you're missing out on learning things by not doing it in a container.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I see where you're coming from, I'll maybe try it out next time

Just been burned too many times over the (many many) years from maintainers just giving up on rpms or whatever out the blue, I'd rather just know how to do everything from scratch

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I understand.

Docker is perfect for learning how to do things like this and for avoiding getting orphaned by depending on someone else to maintain your service.

Even if you use someone elses container it's really simple to just keep maintaining it yourself if the maintainer stops maintaining it. The whole container is exactly described by the Dockerfile which isn't some secret binary blob...its just a text file that you have access to, so once you understand Docker you can just keep doing maintaining whatever it is.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I have SAB download stuff to a temp dir for Sonarr, and let Sonarr handle the sorting and renaming that happens when the files get moved to the main folder. I just noticed I have a bunch of stuff in that temp folder that doesn't seem to be getting processed. I can go to the Wanted page and do a manual import, but it only seems to work if I go to each folder individually, it won't scan more than one folder deep. Do I just need to move all the files out of the sub directories to get this to work?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
For Headphones, I have a nice set up where it will download the files to a directory that is automatically pushed to my Google music. So my own little Spotify/Apple Music/etc. with being able to get music on my phone relatively easily. Only catch is, I'm only able to get it going when I'm at home. Has anyone here set up a good solution for being able to access Headphones on your iOS device? I am sure I could note my IP address and push that port outward, but was hoping for a more elegant/secure solution. What suggestions do you have or am I being a dolt and the port forwarding is the right approach?

Thanks!

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

TraderStav posted:

For Headphones, I have a nice set up where it will download the files to a directory that is automatically pushed to my Google music. So my own little Spotify/Apple Music/etc. with being able to get music on my phone relatively easily. Only catch is, I'm only able to get it going when I'm at home. Has anyone here set up a good solution for being able to access Headphones on your iOS device? I am sure I could note my IP address and push that port outward, but was hoping for a more elegant/secure solution. What suggestions do you have or am I being a dolt and the port forwarding is the right approach?

Thanks!

Set up a VPN for connecting back to your home network from your phone. It's a lot more secure than port forwarding Headphones directly to the unwashed masses.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah OpenVPN plus a dynamic dns hostname from DuckDNS.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Is there a way to do that to keep the VPN only on that (or other selected) ports? Every VPN I've used in the past hoses things up for Netflix and other usage within the home.

e: I have a free Ghostpath login from Newsgroupdirect.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

No what we mean is you run the VPN server yourself. The only traffic going through it will be your phone's connecting back home. Any Netflix etc. on your home computers will be able to access the internet just like usual.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Dicty Brojangles posted:

No what we mean is you run the VPN server yourself. The only traffic going through it will be your phone's connecting back home. Any Netflix etc. on your home computers will be able to access the internet just like usual.

Ah! Got it. Thanks, will give that a go.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Got it to work, thanks! Have openVPN and no-ip DDNS built into my router so quite easy to get it going.

Does this mean that I can use my company's wifi for our personal devices and what I'm surfing will be blind to them?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Yeah essentially- they’ll be able to see that you are connected to a VPN at <address> but won’t be able to see where the connections go from there, and the packets will be encrypted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Dicty Brojangles posted:

Yeah essentially- they’ll be able to see that you are connected to a VPN at <address> but won’t be able to see where the connections go from there, and the packets will be encrypted.

Perfect, thanks.