Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Foul Ole Ron posted:

There is no lowest point to this endless pit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The lowest point will happen tonight

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

The lowest point will happen tonight
This tweet, but for Simpsons episodes:
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/822504053057929218

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
at least bb's coming back too :)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I watched the 30th season premiere episode and it was expectedly bad. Overuse of celebrity cameos and a lame parody of something from 4 years ago.

Marge’s voice actress sounds like she won’t be able to do it for much longer.:(

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 1, 2018

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Marge’s voice actress sounds like she won’t be able to do it for much longer.:(

That will be dealt with at a later date.

If at all :smith:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Though I can't say I'm totally surprised about Marge's voice. You do that voice for a living for 30 years and see how your throat turns out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Justin Godscock posted:

Though I can't say I'm totally surprised about Marge's voice. You do that voice for a living for 30 years and see how your throat turns out.

Plus even harsher versions of said voice with Marge’s sisters and mother. I don’t even want to hear what Marge’s mom sounds like in new episodes.

Harry Shearer was smart to give up doing Dr. Marvin Monroe early on because of vocal strain.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

This is the most modern simpsons quote ever

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I can do a pretty good Aunt Patty and Selma so, if they want to give me money I will do it. I can't do marge. Marge is impossible.

I urge you all to try to do Marge's Hrrrrmmmmmgh sound.

Also try to do Otto's voice and you'll cough up blood for four weeks

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

sexpig by night posted:

This is the most modern simpsons quote ever

looking forward to this dialogue

LISA: oh my god! it's Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos!
NETFLIX CHIEF CONTENT OFFICER TED SARANDOS: hi lisa

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Horace posted:

*After two minutes of stilted dialogue and a cringeworthy visual gag about Netflix*

"Ted Sarandos away!"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Metflix, the streaming service started by baseball manager [cameo name here]

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Are the Simpsons even on Netflix?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Horace posted:

You jest about their laziness in shoehorning in celebs, but remember: “Hey, Homer. I'm actor Steve Buscemi.” And that was sixteen dang seasons ago!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

JediTalentAgent posted:

The movie is

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

Matt Groening's new show is, so he's probably just kissing up to his new boss by getting him a Simpsons cameo

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

LISA: Mr Sarandos, your company seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Sentient Data posted:

Metflix, the streaming service started by baseball manager [cameo name here]

Marge writes a book based on her experience at Springfield jail and it gets turned into a hit Metflix show. Meanwhile, Homer gets so addicted to binge watching that he fuses to the couch, and Bart and Lisa something something a parody of Stranger Things.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Also try to do Otto's voice and you'll cough up blood for four weeks

drat, Otto's all I got man. Simpsons voices I can do:

- Otto
- Krusty's HEY HEY and laugh
- Dr. Hibbert laugh
- Uter asking if you would like a lick of my flavor wax

also
- The sound Smithers makes when Mr. Burns flies in the window

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 1, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was at the gym last night and one of the tvs was on the Simpsons and it was a sideshow Bob episode and it somehow involved a voodoo doll and some characters that somehow let me know the episode was a parody of some now shockingly irrelevant piece of media probably

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I don't know how Hank was able to voice Moe for so long without destroying his throat forever.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jesus christ echoing marge sounding like she's at death's door

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
There's probably something to be said about how the Simpsons mainly parodied timeless classic things and now they parody garbage flavor of the month poo poo that's forgotten about the next day.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zeniel posted:

There's probably something to be said about how the Simpsons mainly parodied timeless classic things and now they parody garbage flavor of the month poo poo that's forgotten about the next day.

Also middling poo poo from the 70s that only the old-rear end showrunners remember.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched the new one it sucked. Jesus beats up Bart in a dream sequence. Also the Christian equivalent of Rotten Tomatoes is Rotten Communion Wafers.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

PostNouveau posted:

I watched the new one it sucked. Jesus beats up Bart in a dream sequence. Also the Christian equivalent of Rotten Tomatoes is Rotten Communion Wafers.

They're not even trying. There has to be a solid pun on apples and sin.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

its like the genius satire of calling Apple "Mapple"

hey ivy league dipshits hired to write this garbage, sing "fair harvard"

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Atlas Hugged posted:

They're not even trying. There has to be a solid pun on apples and sin.

Bad Apples. I appreciate this isn't great, but Jesus gently caress at least it's a joke.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Have audiences throw loaves and fishes at bad entertainers. SOMEthing, jeez.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tiberius Christ posted:

Here's a witty rejoinder for you

Oh wait I don't have one because I am a writer for The Simpsons

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hmm, need to parody a famous tech company...how about Macrosoft and its CEO, uh...Will Gates. Heh, nailed it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Mompuglobalhypermeganet

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh also the animation got worse somehow. There were scenes where I was wondering if Bart or Homer was even "on model" because their faces didn't look totally right.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Oh also the animation got worse somehow. There were scenes where I was wondering if Bart or Homer was even "on model" because their faces didn't look totally right.

The art and animation is ugly as poo poo at this point anyway but they did have actors portraying both characters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Also episode would be redeemed if Gal Gadot's heaven (this happened) clouds were white phosphorus.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The Simpson parents compete an Amazing Race-esque show (Rhys Darby voices the host!)
I like Rhys Darby, but why is Rhys Darby voicing the host??

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Tiberius Christ posted:

I never watch the newer episodes but last night I had the TV on for backround noise and an episode of the Simpsons came on. It was about some future version of Lisa getting into Harvard. She gets told about her acceptance via drone and it shoots down other college offering drones with a laser. I was doing :psyduck: for most of the episode but that part made me roll my eyes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Papa Emeritus III posted:

I never watch the newer episodes but last night I had the TV on for backround noise and an episode of the Simpsons came on. It was about some future version of Lisa getting into Harvard. She gets told about her acceptance via drone and it shoots down other college offering drones with a laser. I was doing :psyduck: for most of the episode but that part made me roll my eyes.

I skipped Bob's Burgers on Sunday so I wouldn't have to sit through the Simpsons. Fox Sunday nights are just dire these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Its not like they havent dont good university jokes before either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkNEBjJScbk&t=169s