Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
don't go on the high seas, I really mean that tia lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkNSyUPGAqo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Glorgnole posted:

i'll post my gaian adventures so there's more to this thread than gripes about the state of The Turn

i need to go on an expansionist and building bent for a while. the colony pod i have out is headed for the woods by that monolith to the south, and the next one is going to snag that river to the west (open to suggestions from viewers like you though!). hopefully i can build 2 more bases in the next couple turns. with 3 bases i'd feel comfortable starting a secret project.

right now my only source of energy is hunting mind worms. this is really not ideal: no base energy income = very little research = no assault choppers and nerve-gas pods. to help address this, the 'former is going to get to work planting some forests. the river tile with nutrients is a great spot for a forest, once i make it over there.

sorry for spending all your hard-earned cash buying units and facilities, sagebrush. it's super-important to invest in the future!

since the whole continent is explored, it would be a good idea to build a boat or two and hit the high seas. contingent on being able to research, though.

why is your governor on

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

i'll post my gaian adventures so there's more to this thread than gripes about the state of The Turn

i need to go on an expansionist and building bent for a while. the colony pod i have out is headed for the woods by that monolith to the south, and the next one is going to snag that river to the west (open to suggestions from viewers like you though!). hopefully i can build 2 more bases in the next couple turns. with 3 bases i'd feel comfortable starting a secret project.

right now my only source of energy is hunting mind worms. this is really not ideal: no base energy income = very little research = no assault choppers and nerve-gas pods. to help address this, the 'former is going to get to work planting some forests. the river tile with nutrients is a great spot for a forest, once i make it over there.

sorry for spending all your hard-earned cash buying units and facilities, sagebrush. it's super-important to invest in the future!

since the whole continent is explored, it would be a good idea to build a boat or two and hit the high seas. contingent on being able to research, though.

fyi pretty sure you can move east-west on those tiles right at the bottom which is worth scouting

edit:

raminasi posted:

why is your governor on

yeah lol wth. you must be getting owned on support costs with one base and all those units

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

raminasi posted:

why is your governor on

i turned it off after i took the picture :ohdear:

support costs aren't that bad, though it wouldn't be a good idea to build any more units at this point.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the only faction allowed to have boats are free drones, I'll destroy any other ship

eventually I suppose lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otP9K0YzOts

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm southwest of you I think
the, uh, map doesn't go south past the edge

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

smoka is to the northeast of the gaians. i saw a ship up there a while back

i was coming up to say hello but my unity foil got eaten by an isle of the deep :(

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

smoka is to the northeast of the gaians. i saw a ship up there a while back

i was coming up to say hello but my unity foil got eaten by an isle of the deep :(

I reiterate, don't go on the oceans

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

who is winning?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

BONGHITZ posted:

who is winning?
from the bar chart in that screenshot: university, pirates, hive/spartans, drones, believers/gaians

anthonypants posted:

reposting this list and adding colors, for me everyone else to refer to
code:
turn    faction name            faction leader      color   player
1       Nautilus Pirates        Ulrik Svensgaard    cyan    SmokaDustbowl
2       Gaia's Stepdaughters    Deirdre Skye        green   Sagebrush
3       University of Planet    Prokhor Zakharov    white   Luigi Thirty
4       Human Hive              Sheng-Ji Yang       blue    cheese-cube/Pile Of Garbage
5       The Free Drones         Foreman Domai       red     improbable lobster
6       The Lord’s Believers    Miriam Godwinson    orange  Boiled Water
7       Spartan Federation      Corazón Santiago    black   anthonypants

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 1, 2018

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i was cheese-cube btw if not already obvious

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I have literally always played this game as the University. I mean even if I finally picked up Alien Crossfire there’s no chance I would choose a different faction.

well, that’s my SMAC story, thanks

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

just played my turn, lmao at the save file name and bigger lmao at this (it's you sagebrush you're stalled in the balls):

https://twitter.com/kirwinia/status/1046728315304701953

regarding tech trades, i've realised that on my last turn i accidentally goosed things up so yeah new offers out to all.

oh and glorg was this your doing demanding quatloos repeatedly or was that sagebrush?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
it's time to clean up this planet and take out the trash

and here's the progress charts

the year is now 2132

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

EXTREMELY EXCITED TO MOVE A COLONY POD AN ADDITIONAL SQUARE OH BOY

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
So do you still get the storyline text blurbs in multiplayer?

I guess those are 50 years off at the current rate though.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

WilWheaton posted:

So do you still get the storyline text blurbs in multiplayer?

I guess those are 50 years off at the current rate though.
heck once we start building stuff we even get fully animated and voiced videos please clap.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I have a Children's Creche. You're all hosed.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jesus christ that is not what the creche is for

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Glorgnole posted:

Why aren't you building a colony on the garland crater like 2 sq NE of the nutrient bonus. That would be a good base for production and energy imo.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the loving precedes the crèche

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Why aren't you building a colony on the garland crater like 2 sq NE of the nutrient bonus. That would be a good base for production and energy imo.
the monoliths give 2/2/2 and i think forests give +food?

that tile exactly between the monolith and the nutrient bonus would be where i'd set up base, but since they're gaians they probably get bonuses from fungus.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 4, 2018

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
right smack in the middle of the crater would give you monolith+crater minerals+high elevation energy bonus but the fungus and probably tower would need to be cleared

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

hopefully that'll be base #3. a forest on a river gives +1 nutrient +2 mineral +2 energy (i think) which is basically super dope. the colony pods are super slow though, so i think it's more important to get a 2nd base built in a pretty good spot instead of delaying 7 turns to build it in a somewhat better spot. also it's good to have a coastal base!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i, too, am excited for a coastal base

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my bases are hosed cause I never got to plant them, so I'm rollin with it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the seas are mine and mine alone, so pay tribute to me before you build a coastal city or any ships

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2g_kNTBek

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

lol at the landmark names

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

lol at the landmark names

spooky strait is where I lost my first unit

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
or around ther, it's hard to tell

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
can you normally rename the landmark? or is that just a multiplayer thing

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

can you normally rename the landmark? or is that just a multiplayer thing

the landmark names are defined in alphax.txt which you can edit: http://alphacentauri2.info/wiki/Alpha(x).txt_editing#.23NATURAL. it only affects the client and not the scenario

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
You can also create your own landmarks in game. I don't think you can share them with other players until Civ4 though.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

it's time to clean up this planet and take out the trash

and here's the progress charts

the year is now 2132
trash status: cleared :c00l:

faction status: chairman yang's great leap forward

year status: 2133

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Jesus christ that is not what the creche is for

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
still running on 56k over here

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

:prepop:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

you motherfucker now I have to get resonance armor

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

You can also create your own landmarks in game. I don't think you can share them with other players until Civ4 though.

as the page points out you can add/remove landmarks via the scenario editor which would have to be done before the game starts.

anthonypants posted:

faction status: chairman yang's great leap forward

lol so i guess it rates tech unlocks highly in those calcs because through trading i unlocked 2 in the last turn plus one that i just happened to research. that aside my HQ is still completely hosed because i positioned it incredibly poorly...

edit: btw am i the only one with all comm link freqs or something? check your huds yo and start scheming!

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Pile Of Garbage posted:

edit: btw am i the only one with all comm link freqs or something? check your huds yo and start scheming!
i've been passing them out like candy but some people haven't returned the favor so planetary council will have to wait for another day