Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The d&d thread is so cool. I can go and read the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard every single day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

this thread is good because it only gets bumped occasionally with actual news, or sometimes a funny tweet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gentlemen, we cannot allow for a ninjutsu gap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0F2DVGFqs

i assume this means there are Persian anime fans.

Let's train our super assassins using outdated medieval weapons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

edit that was smaller than I was expecting

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
thats what she said

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wait, poo poo

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

coathat posted:

The d&d thread is so cool. I can go and read the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard every single day.

wow, how cynical and callous, here's at least 12 purple prose paragraphs about how if we proactively invaded syria it might have been fine, maybe, probably, i'm almost certain

THS
Sep 15, 2017

so you are all saying that you want bana to die???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

THS posted:

so you are all saying that you want bana to die???

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lmao remember brown moses

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if you say "Bellingcat is funded by the Atlantic Council" into the mirror three times then he'll show up and rename your thread

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if you say "Bellingcat is funded by the Atlantic Council" into the mirror three times then he'll show up and rename your thread

I said something similar once while browsing the d&d Venezuela thread and he materialized. Things made a lot more sense after that. A more polished version of the reddit mean-wells, except instead of dudes that looked similar to the Boston bombers getting harassed, entire nations are.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
does posting in a forum moderated by brown moses make us all CIA assets too?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the great deceiver posted:

does posting in a forum moderated by brown moses make us all CIA assets too?

Being an SA mod is inherently discrediting.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

wow.......

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

*extremely actually voice*
it's the National Endowment for Democracy, rather, which is an entirely different entity

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

thats what they want you to think, we're all just pawns in a psyop. in fact there actually is no war in syria

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nothing personal, but if you ran in the NGO circuit I’d keep this on the d/l

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

His biggest accomplishment was getting cyber-stalked by that hot crazy Syrian girl with the massive lips.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

etalian posted:

His biggest accomplishment was getting cyber-stalked by that hot crazy Syrian girl with the massive lips.

partisangirl?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

THS posted:

calling him CIA in the uk dnd thread got interesting results

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Brown Moses getting that NATO money and still insisting on posting is a level of commitment to modding that I do not understand.

https://twitter.com/aldin_ww/status/1046624434067509248
https://twitter.com/aldin_ww/status/1046726044559003649
https://twitter.com/thelateempire/status/1046895635155365888

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfI4lrS6epE

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real News sent a couple of their guys to the United Against Nuclear Iran Summit 2018, and the footage they got is incredible and bizarre. Protesters, John Bolton, and some choice delusional quotes from Joe Lieberman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCziOym5S0

Normally their format is pretty boring because it's just back and forth interviews, but when they can do field work it's always incredible stuff.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

calling him CIA in the uk dnd thread got interesting results

did they insist he was sis

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i mean i totally dig that BM is a nato fake-news asset and im hella pro that

but making to so blindingly obvious shows a lack of finesse

put BM on CNN with his lover after visiting moscow for the religious towers or whatever the gently caress the rusisans call their bulb-churches

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I like now how any opposition to US intervention in Syria makes you a tankie.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

*extremely tankie voice* don't send in the tanks

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

Prav posted:

*extremely tankie voice* don't send in the tanks

lmao check out these filthy centrist revisionists

true tankies wanna send in the tanks, on al-assad's side

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bit late now tbqh

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Willie Tomg posted:

wow, how cynical and callous, here's at least 12 purple prose paragraphs about how if we proactively invaded syria it might have been fine, maybe, probably, i'm almost certain

i couch every one of my posts in moral righteousness of how evil and wrong your views are, who am I

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm really excited for the upcoming Yemen coverage.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Oct 3, 2018

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
nice, did they finally get enough funding to definitively determine that airstrikes on yemens water infrastructure was being done by the sauds

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

absolutely no one can say for sure. anyways back to syria, we've analyzed grainy pictures of a 2 inch piece of metal found at a bombing site and can conclusively say that it was iranian manufactured and furthermore

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/1047560710266343424

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best thing about the United Against Nuclear Iran Summit 2018 is how they claim to speak for the Iranian people, but none of the speakers at the conference were Iranian.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The best thing about the United Against Nuclear Iran Summit 2018 is how they claim to speak for the Iranian people, but none of the speakers at the conference were Iranian.

lol the last guy interviewed, when asked if there were any Iranian voices, said "Ironically, no!"

are those in the iranian diaspora attending, let alone holding those kinds of events in other countries? obviously the US is gonna have the most organized groups and activists since it's got the warboner, but does this kind of thing exist elsewhere? never heard of any astroturf organizations or fake war summits like this UANI thing going on in other, saner countries.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/1047503616418897920?s=21

more lies. protestors in basra attacked multiple buildings, including the headquarters of iranian backed political parties and militias.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/1047503616418897920?s=21

more lies. protestors in basra attacked multiple buildings, including the headquarters of iranian backed political parties and militias.

"We can see the hand of the Ayatollah and his henchmen supporting these attacks on the United States"

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dinoputz posted:

lol the last guy interviewed, when asked if there were any Iranian voices, said "Ironically, no!"

are those in the iranian diaspora attending, let alone holding those kinds of events in other countries? obviously the US is gonna have the most organized groups and activists since it's got the warboner, but does this kind of thing exist elsewhere? never heard of any astroturf organizations or fake war summits like this UANI thing going on in other, saner countries.

that guy also dodged the question of whether his family in Iran supports the sanctions by going "well the IRGC runs the whole economy..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

It's me, I'm the Iranian henchman