Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Hi there Ciel, see your sisters gave you a new look:
https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/1039351698018299905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Stuff from Survive courtesy of Famitsu and Gematsu

-A new Digimon Story is currently in development, but development still has some time to go. For that reason, Digimon Survive is being made as new Digimon content to be offered before that. We would be happy if it can turn into the third series of Digimon games. (Editor’s Note: The other two series are Digimon World and Digimon Story.)

-In Digimon Survive, characters could die depending on your choices. Story developments will occur that could not easily be done in the anime.
While this doesn’t mean that there are ton of branched endings, there are scenario branches that occur during the story based on an accumulation of detailed choices made by the player.

-Currently, the story is divided into three routes. We’re thinking it would be nice to also include a bonus route.

-Even during battles, the status of enemies and allies, as well as victory conditions will change depending on the choices you make.

-Digivolutions will also change depending on scenario choices.

-There are a total of 100 Digimon, plus extras. Rather than place importance of the number of Digimon, we’re choosing Digimon that match the atmosphere of the world.

-We would like to continue to expand the world of game-original Digimon in the future.

-Development is currently 30 percent complete.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/digimon-producer-reconfirms-new-digimon-story-game-in-development#WGfJLv82uvkKZ3Gb.99

And official art for Ciel

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/1039716235938680832

quote:

One of the three Sistermon sisters, it wears a veil modeled after a mouse. It roams around various lands investigating unusual phenomena, and reports its findings to Gankoomon. It leads a peaceful life by day, but turns into an assassin who hunts down troublemakers by night. Its Signature Move, "Shirotsume-Ichimonji-giri", is using its cherished sword Shirotsume-Ichimonji to cut the enemy without making a sound.

Now that she's not a literal recolor of Noir, I like her more. I hope they reveal her awakened form soon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would Digimon Survive be coming out for the xbox or switch by any chance?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Would Digimon Survive be coming out for the xbox or switch by any chance?

Both, yes! Also PS4 and PC. It's as multi-platform as it can be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Remember that new V-Pet focused on X-Antibody Digimon? They just revealed the new X-Antibodies that will be obtainable there

The two missing are Sakuyamon and Diaboromon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tyrannomon X is the best design out of all of them.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah I really dig it. Dracomon X is pretty basic but I like his too. The others are kinda eh. Looks like most of them are by guest artists? The next to last one is by Watanabe himself though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Tyrannomon X is the best design out of all of them.

he is but i think his tail is just a bit too long also renamon would be better in a better pose

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

X Digimon have always been done by a combination of Watanabe and guest artists. The most prolific was As’maria, who did most of them back in the day. They’ll be doing Diablomon X, it turns out.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh, I thought they were all by As’maria. I guess looking back on them that makes sense. They’re more varied than i remembered.
Im excited for Diaboromon. He’s always been one of my favorite designs. Dude’s creepy as poo poo. I wish they’d make X versions of his whole line though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If it’s really techy looking and has a lot of lines, it’s an As’maria design. People associate them with X Digimon because a lot of the most prolific of them like WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Omegamon were theirs. But lots of them like Agumon, Greymon, and most of the Doru-line don’t have those features. RustGreymon, meanwhile was also done by As’maria and does share the look, which is why people tend to assume it’s an X Digimon.

The fuzzy appearance of BeelStarmon’s wings reminds me of the way they depicted Garurumon X’s fur. I wonder if they’re the same designer.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

after many long years the great mystery is solved

according to a designer that talked about about the new Super Evolution Spirits figure, the ball thing on AtlurKabuterimon's shell is its Digi Core.

EDIT - Oh and I'm watching the new games and toys livestream and they announced a Spirits BlackAgumon to BlackWarGreymon redeco of Agumon/WarGreymon.

EDIT 2 -

look at what you monsters did to Tentomon

EDIT 3 - We're getting a figure of Merciful Mode. Looks like it's a statue of some sort.

EDIT 4 - The X-Antibody vote winners are Imperialdramon Fighter Mode, Lilithmon, and Numemon EDIT 5 - Strike that, it seems it was Imperialdramon FM, Minervamon, and Lord Knightmon. The previous three were predictions by the guests, I think.

EDIT 6 -

Minervamon X and LordKnightmon X. Imperialdramon wasn't shown.

They sure went in the most extreme opposite of Mervamon possible for Minervamon X didn't they

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 14, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, none of the Digimon I voted for won. How swell.

At least the new X Digimon shown aren't a mess of spikes. LordKnightmon X is pretty cool, actually.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Minervamon X sucks big time.

Here's Sakuyamon X

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1040604222880919553

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
SIGH

At least LordKnightmon and Minervamon X look pretty cool. I like the gigantic sword thing going on.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hey what's that, we have a mega level lady Digimon that we intended to be a lady and has a feminine design without showing a lot of skin?

Let's fix that right the gently caress now

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know what, I'll take my previous post back.

I miss the spike messes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Angel with wings made of spikes is my aesthetic

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Burkion posted:

Hey what's that, we have a mega level lady Digimon that we intended to be a lady and has a feminine design without showing a lot of skin?

Let's fix that right the gently caress now

Well they did make that new fusion of Rosemon and Lotusmon less fanservicey than either of them alone. That said, yeah, Sakuyamon with a boob job isn’t great.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Samus level shoulderpads and metal bikini. I am happy that the X forms allow them to get their most anime design impulses out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Happy second birthday to Appmon. It was such a good show that deserves more love.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Happy second birthday to Appmon. It was such a good show that deserves more love.

Indeed. Still waiting for them to make a new anime that isn't Adventure related though (but the upcoming films do apparently have some of the original writers on board so maybe it won't turn out to be quite as much of a disaster as Tri was at the very least).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Larryb posted:

Indeed. Still waiting for them to make a new anime that isn't Adventure related though (but the upcoming films do apparently have some of the original writers on board so maybe it won't turn out to be quite as much of a disaster as Tri was at the very least).

The previous films had the original director.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Onmi posted:

Ah. Well hopefully the new ones will still be better anyway.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Onmi posted:

Tri? No they didn’t. Only the OP/ED/Evolution singers and Digimon voices were the same.
The director of Adventure was on the new project (in a more supervisor-y role) but publicly quit. As far as we know the only returning staff members are the original producer (who might not even be producing) and the original character designer.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Tri? No they didn’t. Only the OP/ED/Evolution singers and Digimon voices were the same.
The director of Adventure was on the new project (in a more supervisor-y role) but publicly quit. As far as we know the only returning staff members are the original producer (who might not even be producing) and the original character designer.

Wait then why do I remember a series of tweets from him basically talking about things in depth for Tri?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That was Tri's actual director, not Kakudoh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Habu is excited for Digimon's pops

https://twitter.com/habumon/status/1051839437288525824

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have Habu to thank for Digimon games not sucking anymore but sadly that doesn't mean he has perfect taste in the franchise.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Diablomon X looks terrifying, and Sakuyamon X is less gratuitous than she appeared before. I actually like it now.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I gotta admit, I'm impressed at how thoroughly the original art for Sakuyamon X removed every shred of that outfit. Talk about burying an actually cool design under fanservice.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, Sakuyamon X's design is not good, and seeing the full art has not made it better. I genuinely wish it didn't exist, I can take fanservice and I understand the franchise has never been shy about it, but taking what was a good design and turning it into that is terrible.

Diaboromon X is fine. I don't love nor hate it, it's a design. LordKnightmon X is still the winner of these new X mons.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

She's more modest than the likes of Angewomon. I don't really have much issue with her anymore.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't see Sakuyamon dressed more modestly than Angewomon, I'd say is about the same. She still shows a lot of cleavage, an exposed belly, and thighs.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I finally got around to picking up Cyber Sleuth 2, wanted to give a healthy breather between them since it seems to be a lot of reused assets and whatnot, anything I should keep in mind when I start or does the strategy from the first of "get exp multipliers, grind for coolest megas" still work?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The thing with Sakuyamon X is that even if you covered all her dumbly exposed bits, she still needs some more armor to look good, and by look good I mean she'd stop having any of Sakuyamon's themeing and just be a cool suit for Samus Aran.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TriffTshngo posted:

I finally got around to picking up Cyber Sleuth 2, wanted to give a healthy breather between them since it seems to be a lot of reused assets and whatnot, anything I should keep in mind when I start or does the strategy from the first of "get exp multipliers, grind for coolest megas" still work?

I haven't started Hacker's Memory yet since I wanted to play through Next Order first, then I returned to Cyber Sleuth for 100% completion, but if you played Cyber Sleuth, you can transfer all your Medals and Field Guide, so you may want to work on those before starting the new game.

Other than that I have no idea, but exp multipliers can never really fail. Hopefully Lilithmon is just as broken there as she was before so I know one mon to go for.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

She's more modest than the likes of Angewomon. I don't really have much issue with her anymore.

Turns out, she actually wears less than Angewomon

Also, Diaboromon X

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also, Diaboromon X

Why does she have a sword dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's its tail

and considering all I had to go off was the development art and the final design is a hard swerve in a lot of ways I'm not really going to cop to being wrong there. Disappointing.