Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Or playing as a RDM and the healers refusing to raise you despite you spending most of the fight raising half the party including both healers multiple times. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Relax Or DIE posted:

I feel like no one appreciates being mana shifted so maybe I'll make an annoying macro.

The dirty truth is that when I get mana shifted, I usually don't notice who did it and don't care enough to find out.

I'm lazy so I only manashift shortly after I get rezzed. It's like a way of refunding the MP you wasted picking my dumb rear end up.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Renegret posted:

The dirty truth is that when I get mana shifted, I usually don't notice who did it and don't care enough to find out.

I'm lazy so I only manashift shortly after I get rezzed. It's like a way of refunding the MP you wasted picking my dumb rear end up.

That's why I'm gonna add a sound effect and a sarcastic "Need help managing your mana, <t>?' style message.

Seriously though it's easy to miss that you've been mana shifted, I want it to have big scary graphical effect to spook healers since I don't imagine it happens that often.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Relax Or DIE posted:

That's why I'm gonna add a sound effect and a sarcastic "Need help managing your mana, <t>?' style message.

Seriously though it's easy to miss that you've been mana shifted, I want it to have big scary graphical effect to spook healers since I don't imagine it happens that often.

Make it the same visual effect as shirk. Was it a mana shift or the tank loving with you????

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Make it the same visual effect as shirk. Was it a mana shift or the tank loving with you????

Hello this is your daily reminder

When allowing this guy to tank for you, keep your finger over the lucid dreaming button at all times.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Red Mages must wear red. It is the law.

lol if you have not been preparing the entire expansion for the next expansion's job.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

lol if you have not been preparing the entire expansion for the next expansion's job.

The Weaver Stormblood quests very specifically go over what Thavnarian Dancers wear and even has you craft their clothes and that isn't even close!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Well, Thavnairians do wear heavy wool dresses, if the Hannish sets are anything to go by.

Also I had an O11 the other day where I pulled aggro just in time to eat Mustard Bomb. I know the SCH opener is bursty, but it's not that bursty.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What about the later floors of PotD makes them more fun than the first 100 floors?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Regarding healers rezzing the same drat floortanking dps every time, I was recently clued in to an interesting healer macro that might explain it - you can set up a macro to Swiftcast-Rez <1>-Rez <2>-[...]<8> for when you want an emergency instantly pick someone up button, might just be lazy healers doing that.

So less malice, more :effort:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

SonicRulez posted:

What about the later floors of PotD makes them more fun than the first 100 floors?

They're actually difficult.
Well, above 150 or so anyway.
Patrolling Chimeras!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

More fun?

Hahaha

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ChickenWing posted:

Regarding healers rezzing the same drat floortanking dps every time, I was recently clued in to an interesting healer macro that might explain it - you can set up a macro to Swiftcast-Rez <1>-Rez <2>-[...]<8> for when you want an emergency instantly pick someone up button, might just be lazy healers doing that.

This is completely unsurprising to learn.

And PoTD is more dangerous at 150+ but imo not necessarily more fun. It looks really cool but it's less 'oh this is tough' and more 'be loving careful because it's a huge slog to get back here.'

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Higher level SCH is finally clicking for me - having actual real gear helps, but I also feel like I'm managing my abilities well enough that most fights (where the tank doesn't realize that I'm coasting and pull 5 packs) are fairy-only. It's a weird feeling because I always panic when I see bars trending downwards, but I'm slowly getting it into my head that SCH is not about keeping the tank alive forever, it's about keeping the tank alive long enough

I still have too many goddamn buttons, though

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

That makes a depressing amount of sense as an explanation.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

As a controller user, I love this idea. Might mess around with it the next time I heal Dun Scaith.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Wow, that is impressively lazy. Like I almost can't be mad about that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

As a controller user, I love this idea. Might mess around with it the next time I heal Dun Scaith.

I play on controller and if I can use the party list to toss out Goad or Mana Shift while still dpsing then so can you. :colbert:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Alakaiser posted:

Wow, that is impressively lazy. Like I almost can't be mad about that.

It's honestly really loving handy, and I've only used it in levelling content so far. I can imagine that while trying to do some of the dancier mechanics at 70, it's a godsend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Or playing as a RDM and the healers refusing to raise you despite you spending most of the fight raising half the party including both healers multiple times. :shepface:

I love when I do this and don't get commendations. :geno:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Am I just uniquely unlucky or is this some new pub meme to as a tank pull, then immediately switch out of tank stance in order to passively aggressively force the baton onto the OT? Seen this almost daily in alphascape. Just loving tell me you wanna OT, christ.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He is the Omega, you are the Alpha, and they are the Beta. :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Always Be shirCing

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Am I just uniquely unlucky or is this some new pub meme to as a tank pull, then immediately switch out of tank stance in order to passively aggressively force the baton onto the OT? Seen this almost daily in alphascape. Just loving tell me you wanna OT, christ.

Scrubby tanks who don't quite get that tanking for a full party duty doesn't work the same way as it does for a light party?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

The Weaver Stormblood quests very specifically go over what Thavnarian Dancers wear and even has you craft their clothes and that isn't even close!

You don't pay for my glam crystals!

Also it's a FF11 BLU.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It sounds like they are either expecting enmity support from the rest of the party, or they are cargo-culting the notion that main tanks don't need to be in tank stance for 99% of a fight.

And that's true, and has been true since Shirk was added to the game. But that relies on your off tank knowing when to voke+shirk for an enmity boost and usually has a ninja on hand for their enmity support as well. If you don't have those (like, say, in a PUG alphascape fight where you probably know no one else) then you're rolling the dice on if you get the 2-3 extra people to let you maximize dps while continuing to MT or if it just flies everywhere.

If I'm running something with my static I'm out of tank stance 3 GCDs after I pull but I don't do that with randoms.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
4.4 msq related

lol @ magnai. lmao at the battle music sting.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what?

war and drk can both generate an insurmountable enmity lead in 3 gcds in tank stance, especially against duty finder dps. switching out of tank stance without shirking doesn't mean "i no longer want to be mt", it means "i'm confident i don't need tank stance to stay ahead on enmity"

edit: you only need circleshirk/ninja support to stay ahead if you completely refuse to swing any enmity combos ever. if you're not getting shadewalker just swing an extra power slash/butchers block every now or then, it's still way higher damage than tank stance

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 1, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Phone posted:

4.4 msq related

4.3 and 4.4 are probably my favorite bits of MSQ ever

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

what?

war and drk can both generate an insurmountable enmity lead in 3 gcds in tank stance, especially against duty finder dps. switching out of tank stance without shirking doesn't mean "i no longer want to be mt", it means "i'm confident i don't need tank stance to stay ahead on enmity"

edit: you only need circleshirk/ninja support to stay ahead if you completely refuse to swing any enmity combos ever. if you're not getting shadewalker just swing an extra power slash/butchers block every now or then, it's still way higher damage than tank stance

I think when I see a tank literally plunge and then turn off grit, causing the boss to ping towards the healers becuase we're only 1 GCD into the fight, that they arent actually doing smart things.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah that only works if you're actually going to hold aggro after you switch off tank stance

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Stand off to the side so people know you're not the main tank, and then shirk the white mage spamming medica 2

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It basically just feels like a more aggressive version of tank stance chicken that I'd see at the start of trials before pulling.

KoB
May 1, 2009

What shirt is this?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Saint Freak posted:

Stand off to the side so people know you're not the main tank, and then shirk the white mage spamming medica 2

If I'm spamming medica 2, it means I'm trying to pull

Highly recommend strat in Crystal Tower

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Re: that raise macro, I use it on all my healers plus rdm and smn, but I include as the first raise my current target so if I need a targeted raise (for example, a rdm or smn before a melee dps) I can get them up. Highly recommend.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Renegret posted:

If I'm spamming medica 2, it means I'm trying to pull

Highly recommend strat in Crystal Tower
Honestly you need to play it smarter than that, make sure the rest of your group cooperates by stacking up, then pre-cast Medica II and spam Cure III. That's how you truly pull as a WHM.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

KoB posted:

What shirt is this?

Sky pirate, iirc.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Smart Car posted:

Honestly you need to play it smarter than that, make sure the rest of your group cooperates by stacking up, then pre-cast Medica II and spam Cure III. That's how you truly pull as a WHM.

Woah, I always forget Cure3 exists.

I'm gonna give that a shot next time I do CT1. I always try to pull all of the giants that spawn after ancient flare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Phone posted:

4.4 msq related

I'm convinced that this is foreplay for these two. Or actual lovemaking.

Also:

Little sun! Little sun!!