Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

nesbit37 posted:

They exist, but China isn't ordering them from chessex, they have to make them themself and they dont have a mold for them already.

No, but I assume Chessex , and all other dice sellers, manufacturer in China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Right but who knows where. It's not like there is just 1 factory. Even if I was using the same manufacturer as Chessex the mold belongs to Chessex. Not that China is the best at IP protection in general but I would at best have to pay Chessex to rent their mold if they allowed it. I need to make like 8,000 of these things after all.

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

Anyone have any thoughts on Project L?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063846379/project-l/description

Looks pretty cool to me, but on the fence with the nearly 100 cad shipped

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mouzer posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on Project L?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063846379/project-l/description

Looks pretty cool to me, but on the fence with the nearly 100 cad shipped

Looks awesome and great for kids. $70 US shipped does seem high

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is it cool to post Kickstarter preview links in here? Americana is ready to go on Monday but I could use some fresh eyes on the page.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yep, go for it.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Rad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901207515/994208857?ref=567996&token=8141fd55

We just got the video done yesterday - the audio is pretty wild, but its honestly the best we can do given our time and equipment right now. I'm happy with the art we have on display, and I just added those two paragraphs that describe our Ties/Relationships page. I gotta update the quick-play set just a tad but overall, p happy with this. Launching on Monday is the plan.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Every update makes me happier I backed The Forest Hymn and Picnic. :kimchi:

Americana looks good. I treated it like any other Kickstarter page, skipping right past the video; sorry. After reading through it I actually went to pledge, and then remembered it was a preview -- so, looking forward to Monday, I guess.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

atholbrose posted:

Every update makes me happier I backed The Forest Hymn and Picnic. :kimchi:

Americana looks good. I treated it like any other Kickstarter page, skipping right past the video; sorry. After reading through it I actually went to pledge, and then remembered it was a preview -- so, looking forward to Monday, I guess.

No sorry needed! I kinda assume most people don't bother with the video, but it's fun to make them and apparently its very important to some subset of people who check it.

Also thanks for pre-pledging :3:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Is it too early to say that Victoria is my favorite character?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

There's at least one more character we're gonna reveal that I think might be the fan fave, but I absolutely love Victoria

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Rad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901207515/994208857?ref=567996&token=8141fd55

We just got the video done yesterday - the audio is pretty wild, but its honestly the best we can do given our time and equipment right now. I'm happy with the art we have on display, and I just added those two paragraphs that describe our Ties/Relationships page. I gotta update the quick-play set just a tad but overall, p happy with this. Launching on Monday is the plan.

This is like a ten times more compeling version of let's shove fantasy into realism than Shadowrun. So, you've got that going for you.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

No sorry needed! I kinda assume most people don't bother with the video, but it's fun to make them and apparently its very important to some subset of people who check it.

Also thanks for pre-pledging :3:

Apparently the bee lives video has been watched 1309 times, so people do watch the videos.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Rad.

As cool as the Super Americana Magic Force GO! looks I'm worried that Sabin will force you to acknowledge them like they do most Super Sentai parodies. :ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

As cool as the Super Americana Magic Force GO! looks I'm worried that Sabin will force you to acknowledge them like they do most Super Sentai parodies. :ohdear:

That reminds me I'm still waiting on that Savage Worlds tokusatsu setting book.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Asking on behalf of a friend, but who has received their copy of Spirits of the Forest? In my friend’s copy, most of the cards are all stuck together, and pulling them apart has damaged them quite severely:

The creators have said they’ll replace a couple of the cards, but apparently “replacing all 48 is unfeasible”.

Anyone else had similar issue?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

We're doing our best to avoid mentioning any Saiban property directly, and we're hoping that it being a more general tokusatsu thing will help with that, but it's something we've talked about. There's a really really overt Super Sentai ttrpg out there that seems to be doing ok without Saiban getting too involved so, fingers crossed.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The_Doctor posted:

Asking on behalf of a friend, but who has received their copy of Spirits of the Forest? In my friend’s copy, most of the cards are all stuck together, and pulling them apart has damaged them quite severely:

The creators have said they’ll replace a couple of the cards, but apparently “replacing all 48 is unfeasible”.

I got mine and everything seems fine. That’s lovely though if they won’t replace an unusable product.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Seems like a moisture issue, probably due to being stored in a humid warehouse or shipping container for a while.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Bee Lives had a great weekend and we blew through the dice stretch goal and are half way to the next one. Also, I had some good luck with people reaching out to me wanting to do translations. Most of them are fan done but the guy doing German has done more than a dozen other games, so that is awesome news. Especially since I am really hoping to take this game to Spiel next year.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We just launched Americana!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901207515/americana-1

The page hasn't changed much since I posted the preview, but in case you missed it, Americana is a murder mystery RPG set in a fantasy, inclusive 1950s small town. You play as a teenager, investigating a magical fantasy town of your own creation, trying to solve the murder of your best friend in a collaborative narrative focused system.

We have quick start rules ready to go, an AP going up on the 5th and some really cool surprises for everyone. Please consider checking it out!

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Backer #6. Would back Sandy Pug games again A++

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Also backed. Moles and crew are great dudes and dudettes.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I backed that so loving quick.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Yep -- the button worked this time!

Good luck, guys.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Lucky #73 for Americana.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Backed. I am a hardcover hep-cat.

Also you have a grammar error and I love to nitpick:

quote:

You'll also create the murder victim, Your Dead Friend, as a character just like your own, who's skills and relationships will help you directly, and who's history with you will be a core part of your game.

Should be whose, which is the possessive. Who's is a contraction of who is.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Backed. I am a hardcover hep-cat.

Also you have a grammar error and I love to nitpick:

Should be whose, which is the possessive. Who's is a contraction of who is.

My dreams of being a Kickstarter Millionaire, shattered upon the rocks of grammatical error

(thanks, fixing now!)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Backed Americana for :10bux:. Unfortunately I'm in the UK, so I'm a bit lairy of ordering anything that's going to be physically delivered post-Brexpoacalypse.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

The_Doctor posted:

Just checked my copy and all the cards are fine. That's super lovely if the creator won't replace your friend's copy :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Backed Americana for :10bux:. Unfortunately I'm in the UK, so I'm a bit lairy of ordering anything that's going to be physically delivered post-Brexpoacalypse.

I BELIEVE that DriveThruRPG actually had a printing house within the UK, which is one of the reasons we went with PoD in the first place. I sympathize not wanting to risk it either way though. My poor EU free-travel privileges :negative:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Got home from work just in time to still be a double-digit backer on Americana. Psyched for this project!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Doesn't really fit my personal taste but I passed word of Americana on to some friends and work colleagues who I know would be into the theme. Good luck with the campaign.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
#101!

I also really appreciate the POD voucher method - it helps me spread the cost out, rather than worrying if I can afford shipping to New Zealand within the next month.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

You're all amazing. I'm kinda constantly blown away by support from this forum/thread. Ya'll are the no.2 contributors to the campaign right now.

I'm considering making a Trad Games thread to talk about the game, we have quickstart rules ready and plenty of content to run games and stuff. Is this allowed?

Buck Wildman posted:

Doesn't really fit my personal taste but I passed word of Americana on to some friends and work colleagues who I know would be into the theme. Good luck with the campaign.

Hey thanks a bunch for this friend.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
After Orc Stabr, how could I not be in?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Backed because of Orc Stabr! Thank you for including a poor-people option, friend.:)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lucky number 113 for Americana. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Speaking of ORC STABR:

:zombie: I have a mystery on my hands and I believe you're involved
;) What's up?

:zombie: Through much deduction, I have received half of a game in the mail

;) half?

:zombie: Half of a game
It came with a business card, half of a torn instruction sheet and also there's an orc playing a piano in crayon drawn on top of what instructions I do have
also two monster cards and I think the lore sheet
I traced it back to a kickstarter, it suggests that I find a friend with the other half

;) well, I have good news and bad news
I am indeed responsible for this
but I do not have the other half

:zombie: It was a treat while the mystery lasted

$3 well spent! In retrospect I wish I had arranged for the other half to go to another friend. Or possibly just a random left to A and random right to B, etc.