Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

DSYS is fantastic advice that sometimes leads to you playing Keenan Allen and Davante Adams over Alshon Jeffery, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Tyler Boyd, and Calvin Ridley. Allen and Adams didn't even have bad games.

Oh well. Twelve field goals and I'm right back in this thing.

I want your WR corps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

So I am trying to upgrade my RB2 slot and free up a spot to grab a backup TE in case Gronk is out for a week. Howard a good buy-low candidate? Thinking of offering Sony or Kerryon plus a WR for him.

If you're deciding between Sony Michel and Kerryon Johnson for your RB2 you're fine.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Yeah, it absolutely kills your depth.

What moves should I make to bolster this squad then?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

What moves should I make to bolster this squad then?

I just don't think you should give up two starting RBs for one, especially one coming off injury. I'd try one of those two and someone like Morris for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you're deciding between Sony Michel and Kerryon Johnson for your RB2 you're fine.

Really? Even with how NE is with RBs and Blount and Riddick stealing Kerryon's work for no good reason?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

12-team Keeper, 0.5 ppr, 6pt TD's

Should I try to trade for Mark Ingram? The owner is willing to trade but we haven't got any farther than that yet.

Current team:

My RBs are so awful as I was forced into a zero-rb strategy because I drafted 11th and traded away picks last year. I know Kamara is almost running away with the lead back position but
I don't trust any of my RBs at the moment

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I just don't think you should give up two starting RBs for one, especially one coming off injury. I'd try one of those two and someone like Morris for him.

Really? Even with how NE is with RBs and Blount and Riddick stealing Kerryon's work for no good reason?

Michel is the only RB left in New England and Johnson is going to start stealing carries eventually.

So I am trying to upgrade my RB2 slot and free up a spot to grab a backup TE in case Gronk is out for a week. Howard a good buy-low candidate? Thinking of offering Sony or Kerryon plus a WR for him.

For those of you panicking on Howard, he still outsnapped Cohen this week. I think he was a casualty of game plan more than anything else.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sataere posted:

Michel is the only RB left in New England and Johnson is going to start stealing carries eventually.

For those of you panicking on Howard, he still outsnapped Cohen this week. I think he was a casualty of game plan more than anything else.

James White is still there! :eng101:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

James White is still there! :eng101:

I don't see color

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If last game didn’t sell you on Michel I don’t know what to tell you. Dude aced his lead back test. Get him while you can.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Jameis is back!

https://twitter.com/jennalaineespn/status/1046832945514909698?s=21

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yes. They drafted Michel in the first round for a reason, James White is more of a pass catching back, his last game already demonstrated his upside, and competition is severely reduced thanks to injuries like with Burkhead. As for Kerryon, Riddick has been seeing a reduced passing load thanks to how Johnson has looked.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Sataere posted:

It was actually a perfect game plan for him. You think they were trying to "preserve" him?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Most of my team finally performed well this week and I had by far the highest point total of my season by far, 2nd in the league this week in fact. You can probably guess who scored the most points in our league though. Goddamn his James White vs my Dalvin Cook.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The Bears just don't run the fuckin football, I'm getting rid of Howard

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I ended up offering Aaron Jones and Taywan Taylor for Howard. We'll see if he bites. His WRs are pretty drat bad after Adams, so maybe.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

What's a fair offer for Fournette at this point? Fantasy Pros trade value list still has him rated really highly.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dkj posted:

What's a fair offer for Fournette at this point? Fantasy Pros trade value list still has him rated really highly.
I think it's a pretty wide range.

I'm about to try to send Fournette for something like Kupp + Breida just because I'm tired of having him on my roster. I'm also extra-frustrated at also having to deal with injuries to Joe Mixon and Doug Baldwin, and I have enough RB depth to accommodate the trade.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Well, Mike Evans. It was fun for the past few weeks, buddy.

Chris Godwin, downgrade.
Desean Jackson, drastic downgrade.
Everything Tampa Bay & their crab legs, downgrade downgrade.

89 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 1, 2018

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dy. posted:

I think it's a pretty wide range.

I'm about to try to send Fournette for something like Kupp + Breida just because I'm tired of having him on my roster. I'm also extra-frustrated at also having to deal with injuries to Joe Mixon and Doug Baldwin, and I have enough RB depth to accommodate the trade.

In the league I'm going to target him I have:
M. Gordon, Conner, Breida, C. Thompson & R. Freeman at RB and Hopkins, Cooper, Robinson, Boyd, and Fuller at WR.

He's got Fournette, Lindsay, Ekeler, Riddick
And J. Jones, Agholor, Lockett, and Hogan. He's also rostering 2 TEs and 2 QBs in a short bench league and drafted his kicker and defense before round 10.

I think it's going to be tough dealing with him. But, I'm beyond sick of Cooper and I have Houston's WR1 and 2 so I'm not opposed to moving Fuller.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Having to start a running back is stupid and antiquated. My next owner's summit I'm proposing 1 QB and 6 Flex lineups. NFL teams don’t have to have a running back or a tight end. They can run all-receiver packages and increasingly put running backs in slot or receiver positions. They have to have a QB. I feel like we should have the most flexibility (yeah I said it) possible. That way more teams can be competitive. Like oh my running back is (shuffles papers for a really good example) Alfred Morris but hey I have two tight ends killing it so why shouldn’t I be able to start the best-scoring possibilities? Instead I need to scour the waiver wire for some dogshit RB and then lose anyway because there are so few of them.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What type of FAAB bid would you guys put on Winston? $100 budget

5? 10? 20?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

TommyGun85 posted:

It was actually a perfect game plan for him. You think they were trying to "preserve" him?

Nah, I just think the way the Bucs back seven looked, it didn't make sense to run it. Howard was on the field and they did run him, but when you get one carry for two yards, then throw downfield and have five play drives, your running game isn't going to look that impressive, even though your offense was killing it.

I would buy low on Howard, but I'm also biased.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

89 posted:

Chris Godwin, downgrade.

Brate: BUY BUY BUY

right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

poo poo. Gronk didn't practice today.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

poo poo. Gronk didn't practice today.

Gronk is wonderful, you get a full 14 games worth of points in just 7 games every year!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

pmchem posted:

5? 10? 20?

1 QB league? And I need him? Like... $3 if you have $0 bids or waivers run once a week and then it's FA until games start. I may not get him but I'm not going to lose sleep over it if someone wants to overpay for Jameis.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 1, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pmchem posted:

5? 10? 20?

Let him clear waivers and get him free

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Gronk is wonderful, you get a full 14 games worth of points in just 7 games every year!

It's just annoying because I have to either hope this 2 for 1 trade gets accepted or I gotta wait until the last moment to put him in the IR slot and then grab whatever garbage is on the wire in this 14 team league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In four leagues in four weeks there has been a total of two trades and one involved kickers. I don't know how you guys have so many trades.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Chris Godwin, downgrade.

Yeah, if only Mike Evans had had good seasons with Jameis before

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

Having to start a running back is stupid and antiquated. My next owner's summit I'm proposing 1 QB and 6 Flex lineups. NFL teams don’t have to have a running back or a tight end. They can run all-receiver packages and increasingly put running backs in slot or receiver positions. They have to have a QB. I feel like we should have the most flexibility (yeah I said it) possible. That way more teams can be competitive. Like oh my running back is (shuffles papers for a really good example) Alfred Morris but hey I have two tight ends killing it so why shouldn’t I be able to start the best-scoring possibilities? Instead I need to scour the waiver wire for some dogshit RB and then lose anyway because there are so few of them.

In my BM dynasty league we do this.

1 QB and 5 Flex spots but you can only play max 3 RB’s or 3 TE’s. You can go 5 WR though if you want.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mike Davis might honestly be the best option on our grim, grim waiver wire.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

In four leagues in four weeks there has been a total of two trades and one involved kickers. I don't know how you guys have so many trades.

I've been kind of excited to do some trading because the main League I was a part of for 5 years went kaput and nobody ever traded in that one.

Now my enthusiasm is cooling down because I was trying to pry a WR from someone in the Goon beer league, and if I'd actually submitted the trade I had put together on Saturday and it got accepted I would have lost this week. :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I tried to get Calvin Ridley before he blew up two weeks ago.

The guy offered him to me for Aaron Rodgers, Geronimo Allison and next year's first round pick. So that's why trades don't happen.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

dkj posted:

I came here to basically ask this exact same question. Should I even be bothering trying to make a deal for him/take him off of the owner? I'm currently in a Dynasty 1PPR league, so I could potentially trade for him for a longer-term hold.

Realistically even if he comes back this year do we see him at the same quality skill level as last year or is the injury going to linger throughout the season?

IKillForPie fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 1, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have Funchess on one of my teams and every time I read Fournette I think it's him. It's unhelpful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

If you do this, I'd suggest scaling your PPR (0/0.5/1 or 0.5/1/1.5 for WR/RB/TE) to make the player pool deeper. Otherwise it's just going to turn into mostly WRs, sometime RBs and never TEs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's advice I will save.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Poque posted:

Mike Davis might honestly be the best option on our grim, grim waiver wire.

The real hope here is we get a 2nd year of Mike Davis arguments. It can become a recurring thing like CMike or Josh Gordon hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Fournette likely won’t be back until after the bye, which is week 10. If he goes on IR, he won’t be back until fantasy playoffs (hah). I’d trade him for like, Marvin Jones Jr or a similar midrange/startable WR2 at this point, if I could even get that much.