Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Have any of the Chicago guys been to Eris Brewery and Cidery? It came recommended from some friends of ours. Their beer looks a bit on the stranger side, and not a huge variety of it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Apache posted:

Have any of the Chicago guys been to Eris Brewery and Cidery? It came recommended from some friends of ours. Their beer looks a bit on the stranger side, and not a huge variety of it there.

I haven't been but it's right in my neighborhood, so I should probably get there at some point.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Some good choice selections from green cheek and highland park. I could (have) drink Help Yourself all day long. Shame they're not bringing a batch of lazy susan.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Some guy on FB is selling some Other Half beer... I can't seem to find any regular traders.

10$ diamonds
10$ stacks
10$ cabbage
10$ short dark
8$ citra
25$ mule
18$ ship
91$ total

Worth it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

obi_ant posted:

Some guy on FB is selling some Other Half beer... I can't seem to find any regular traders.

10$ diamonds
10$ stacks
10$ cabbage
10$ short dark
8$ citra
25$ mule
18$ ship
91$ total

Worth it?

$91 for five beers or five 4pks of beers?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

$91 for five beers or five 4pks of beers?

Oy. It's $10 for 2 beers.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
$25 for muling is truly loving sad.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

obi_ant posted:

Oy. It's $10 for 2 beers.

so $90 for ten beers

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Indeed. Other Half worth the hype?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Better yet, find a NYC goon to mule or get on the talkbeer shelf make a wish bif. You can end up spending near similar amount of cash except TB people are generous and you'll likely get hooked the gently caress up. For reference, here's the box I granted to someone.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

air- posted:

Better yet, find a NYC goon to mule or get on the talkbeer shelf make a wish bif. You can end up spending near similar amount of cash except TB people are generous and you'll likely get hooked the gently caress up. For reference, here's the box I granted to someone.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those forums.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I...I like w00tstout....:smith:

I've never bought a bottle tho, just an 8oz.

Yeah, as 'beetus stouts go I've certainly had worse.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

obi_ant posted:

I don't believe that packaged IPAs are worth paying bar prices for

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

obi_ant posted:

Absolutely not. One of the most overrated in the biz

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All beer is bad. The only thing worse are the people who drink it.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

Absolutely not. One of the most overrated in the biz

I've had most of the hypehaze and think they are among the best. $5/can is not a bad price tbh :shrug:

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Klaus Kinski posted:

I've had most of the hypehaze and think they are among the best. $5/can is not a bad price tbh :shrug:

they're good, sure. but the cult surrounding them is absurd, and 50% of their releases are indistinguishable from each other. i think they were just at the right place at the right time to capitalize

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Spuckuk posted:

Yeah, as 'beetus stouts go I've certainly had worse.

I also enjoy Stone's Xocoveza and Ballast Point's Victory at Sea. I'm not a picky guy.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Xocoveza is pretty good, but I could not drink more than 15-20cl

Victory at Sea is ashtray-water.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta find me these stouts you guys are drinking that can make the ones I drink taste like crap.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My man let me tell you about TEN FIDY

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Biomute posted:

Victory at Sea is ashtray-water.

I wish I could drink Cellarmaker's Coffee and Cigarettes again. :(

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Sirotan posted:

I wish I could drink Cellarmaker's Coffee and Cigarettes again. :(

It's still available in cans. Which is weird for Cellarmaker.

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010

obi_ant posted:

I think they're quite good, not quite worth the hype (but nothing really is).

If you have no strong feelings about which of their IPAs you get, I could probably get you a box for cost/shipping in the next few weeks?

Edit: Or a trade depending on where you are? If you can get some coffee and cigarettes cans I would definitely do that!

Jorge Von Bacon fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 2, 2018

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

obi_ant posted:

Yeah but that requires finding someone to trade with, which is :effort:.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

obi_ant posted:

How are you not able to land a trade for Other Half if you're in SF :psyduck: There's definitely people here who would totally be down to trade all kinds of stuff for Cellarmaker, etc

E: for everyone's sake, hook this goon up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866181

double e: I'm in Texas, those other 2 goons are respectively east coast/Michigan and I happily vouch for them as Awesome People to trade with

air- fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 2, 2018

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

I think they're quite good, not quite worth the hype (but nothing really is).

If you have no strong feelings about which of their IPAs you get, I could probably get you a box for cost/shipping in the next few weeks?

Edit: Or a trade depending on where you are? If you can get some coffee and cigarettes cans I would definitely do that!

Sending you a PM.

Sirotan posted:

Yeah but that requires finding someone to trade with, which is :effort:.

Where are you from?

air- posted:

How are you not able to land a trade for Other Half if you're in SF :psyduck: There's definitely people here who would totally be down to trade all kinds of stuff for Cellarmaker, etc

That's what I'm thinking? I was under the impression that most people don't know about Cellarmaker or Fieldwork, but I think I'm asking in the wrong places. I think the places I'm asking ATM are just trying to "win" in terms of the trade, whereas I'm trying to just have regular contact and ship good beers.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

You have access to the rare barrel and barrel house brewing as well. You can catch some good stuff with the regular stocked bottles.

edit: when whale chasing is life

incoherent fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 2, 2018

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

obi_ant posted:

Where are you from?

SE Michigan, though I put 0 effort into chasing hype beers these days. I would love to get my hands on some of those Cellarmaker cans but don't honestly know what is ~*~hot~*~ in my market anymore. If there is something from around here that you want, send me a PM, I could even just send you cash if that is something you're willing to do. If not that's cool too.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

incoherent posted:

You have access to the rare barrel and barrel house brewing as well. You can catch some good stuff with the regular stocked bottles.

Are we thinking of the same Barrel House? Cause the one that I’m thinking of is terrible. Rare Barrel is great, but I don’t make it out there enough. Don’t know if people wanna trade for $30 bottles either.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Probably the terrible one you're thinking of, out of paso robles. I had a great time at their sour beer fest and like their framboise\raspberry sour :shrug:.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

incoherent posted:

lmao

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

My man let me tell you about TEN FIDY

If its black as gently caress and taste like the left over coffee you forgot in your car for like 2 days then I'm IN

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

incoherent posted:

_colombiana09 has it all wrong: salvidaking24 is spending hours in line and $145 on four bottles of beer so he can post a bunch of pictures of them on Instagram, maybe drink one, try to trade one or two for another beer, then hold onto whatever he has left for 2-3 years when no one will give a poo poo about Bottle Logic stouts anymore and then he'll have some beers that probably don't taste any good any more and it probably won't matter because he'll be in jail for not paying child support.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

If its black as gently caress and taste like the left over coffee you forgot in your car for like 2 days then I'm IN

It is black, but the 2015 they have on tap down at the local bar had no real coffee to it. It tasted more like wood varnish.

The Speedway Stout Vietnamese Coffee edition was excellent though.

I really like Founders KBS? The balance on show there seems the most drinkable to me, and the 35,5cl format is nice.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 2, 2018

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Eclipse coffee is very ashtray if that's your jam.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
what's the most beetus of the everyday shelfie level stouts? So far the only thing I know of that's relatively worthwhile is Old Rasputin but that's not quite excessive enough to qualify.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

what's the most beetus of the everyday shelfie level stouts? So far the only thing I know of that's relatively worthwhile is Old Rasputin but that's not quite excessive enough to qualify.

I've said it before and will say it again: Southern Tier was wayyyy ahead of the game.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll keep an eye out for some of these stouts, though, to be honest. When ever I see Old Rasputin I usually buy a bottle and forget why I went to the liquor store in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

danbanana posted:

I've said it before and will say it again: Southern Tier was wayyyy ahead of the game.

Oh drat I haven't seen those in a long time. The creme brulee was a nice little treat once in a blue moon.