Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
But the level of betrayal I felt when Square-Enix teleported the Warrior of Light to the Waking Sands with cutscene power tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think it's pretty clear at this point that we have time travel coming in our future, and also, in our past.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've found that I get more commendations as healer if I do bad, but not too bad. If people come close to dying a lot they must just sorta assume things were difficult and I was trying hard.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Considering the whole plot of Heavensward depicts using dragon eyes as a bad thing, I wouldn't call it surprising that we give it back to him, even if it isn't shown.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Having us skip using the item turn-in menu when we were done with the eye? Unlikely

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You turn in the eye to Harryvulgar who slowly turns 90 degrees, slowly raises a claw, slowly puts the claw down, slowly turns back 90 degrees, and slowly takes 5 steps to dither out of existence.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

I'll say. The game tried to tell me that I gave Cid his goggles. gently caress no I didn't, what do I look like, some schlub who bought 1.0?

T I M E T R A V E L E X P A N S I O N

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

MechaX posted:

I mean, the immediate next time you see Hraesvelgr after the Nidhogg stuff in that same patch he has both eyes again, so it's easy to assume that WoL just gave it back immediately after all of that went down rather than making a separate scene for it.

Mog Mail.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vadoc posted:

Mog Mail.

Some mog hulked out on dragon eye power randomly shows up in the Empire's employ.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ytlaya posted:

Some mog hulked out on dragon eye power randomly shows up in the Empire's employ.

THIS IS MOOGLETOWN THIS IS MOOGLETOWN

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

You turn in the eye to Harryvulgar who slowly turns 90 degrees, slowly raises a claw, slowly puts the claw down, slowly turns back 90 degrees, and slowly takes 5 steps to dither out of existence.

This is reminding me that I really hated the Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe quests.

The parts that didn't involve angrily breakdancing at your enemies.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is reminding me that I really hated the Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe quests.

The parts that didn't involve angrily breakdancing at your enemies.

that are somehow better when you play a lady because you totally phone it in and they still flee in terror

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

EponymousMrYar posted:

THIS IS MOOGLETOWN THIS IS MOOGLETOWN

I hope moogle king is the next Ultimate fight.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Jose Valasquez posted:

My favorite is when healers res you in a fight with unavoidable raidwide AOEs but don't top you off and then get mad because you keep dying immediately

The answer to this is to not press any buttons when you get back up. You have something ridiculous like six seconds of invulnerability after being raised, but only if you don’t take any actions (moving around is fine.) If you still die to raid AoE after six seconds, just stay down after being rezzed and save your repair money.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I finished Alphascape. That was surprisingly heartwarming!

Too bad everyone in the Rabanastre raid line is insufferable.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Bangaa did literally nothing wrong.

And the Moogles and Catgirl are alright.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
As a rdm, I'll verraise people as soon as it's convenient in my rotation, but it's on them to decide when to accept because I'm not going to be healing them.

I also prioritize other people that can raise or replenish mp, so sorry melee guys, you're last unless I get seriously fed up with everyone else.

Ytlaya posted:

I've found that I get more commendations as healer if I do bad, but not too bad. If people come close to dying a lot they must just sorta assume things were difficult and I was trying hard.
I sometimes do this, because almost dying a lot usually means I got hit with an unnecessary amount of damage, so it's sort of an apology for messing up so much and making them click healing buttons.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

KoB posted:

What shirt is this?

Sky Pirate's Coat of Casting dyed Dalamud Red

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

AngusPodgorny posted:

I also prioritize other people that can raise or replenish mp, so sorry melee guys, you're last unless I get seriously fed up with everyone else.

As a DRG, I get annoyed when I get raised before a RDM or healer, unless they've been particularly lovely. Keep it up.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The Bangaa did literally nothing wrong.

And the Moogles and Catgirl are alright.

Cat "Gee, max height Roegadame, I thought you'd be taller" girl. Rude as heck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ntan1 posted:

;_______________________________________;

You know healers and tanks have to do that mechanic too right? Like, O10S sucks but not for this particular reason.

I think you got the wrong interpretation/tone from my post. My tank friend says he liked O10, I'm not saying that the spin/flip mechanic is extra difficult for DPS, just that it's awful to try to react to. Yes, even when you know if it's Crimson (X/+) or Azure (in/out) once the first movement happens.

The rest of the fight sucks too. Especially trying to land positionals while dealing with everything else.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The only hard parts of O10S are the tank mechanics and Hot Tail. There's no real DPS specific mechanic other than the usual mechanic of learning to dance around the boss's AoEs and hit them good.

Any fight that has Ahk Morn while you have to dance around AoE's owns because it's the only time I actually feel pressure as a healer.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Brainamp posted:

you are thinking of the au ra sharlayan i think

the catgirl is great

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Zack Ater posted:

As a DRG, I get annoyed when I get raised before a RDM or healer, unless they've been particularly lovely. Keep it up.

Absolutely this.

Renegret posted:

I gotta admit, there's been a few times I've considered just laying dead in shame.

I resemble this remark.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Patch notes up, no big changes- pagos nerfs, faster xp and light both, pvp adjustments, and echo to sigma savage.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Gally posted:

pagos nerfs

Call me when YoshiP gives out mogcoins and sends Limsan dancing miqo'te girls to my mansion to hand deliver my weapon for free then maybe I'll consider entering Pagos.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hommando posted:

Call me when YoshiP gives out mogcoins and sends Limsan dancing miqo'te girls to my mansion to hand deliver my weapon for free then maybe I'll consider entering Pagos.

Would you settle for it being required to unlock blue mage?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....poo poo, nigga, that would make me quit the game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Would you settle for it being required to unlock blue mage?
That would be incredibly stupid for them to do as a long-term thing. I suppose it is just barely possible that they might have BLU unlock in like, 4.65 or something, and in order to get at it early you have to do Eureka, but that seems like it would piss a hell of a lot of people off for no particular reason.

Now if they made Eureka skip potions...

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brainamp posted:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I assume the stories have the Warrior of Light pegged at somewhere around Xande's height, if not larger.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The Wandering Minstrel fudges our heights slightly for dramatic effect.

quote:

William: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Servers are up.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I took that as her thinking we'd be at least primal-sized.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
any pagos change that isn't adding an allagan escalator to all the cliffs is dead to me

edit: also what's the most efficient way to level up the nexus step

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 2, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ytlaya posted:

I remember when this healer got mad at me for not mana-shifting them in a level 49 dungeon. I'm pretty sure there's not really any excuse for running out of mana at that stage unless the tank has just been rushing through content (I didn't even consider the possibility of mana-shifting because I'd never needed to in sub-50 content), and this occurred in the first 2 or 3 pulls.

(This is the same healer who got mad at the tank for having some ilvl 40 gear and blamed them for not having enough mitigation)

The only reason for a healer to be OOM in a level 49 dungeon is if they burned it all spamming holy.

And if you mana shift me, I'm going to holy again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Remember some attacks deal Darkness Type damage which go through the raise invuln (and everything else) and the list of these attacks is readily available to the players at 'gently caress you'.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, I think I just discovered that the giant fists in O11 are darkness type. I got rezzed into the cross path, thought I would be cute and nosell them both with rez immunity, nope, got double-fisted for 999999 damage twice.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

got double-fisted

story of my god drat life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009