Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Bigger question is why are there so few available flower options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Bigger question yet is why we have hot, normal and cold weather clothes, but only normal weather pants.

And also why my colonists and prisoners are suffering from hypothermia in -1c temps when their comfortable temps are all from -40 to 40. :argh:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Nature's Pretty Sweet has a dumb bug where if they're wet, and they're wet forever after being in the rain, that they drop precipitously in temperature but it doesn't show what temp they are actually feeling.

Everybody then gets hypothermia.

I don't know if that bug was fixed in the past two weeks that I restarted a game because of that.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HelloSailorSign posted:

Nature's Pretty Sweet has a dumb bug where if they're wet, and they're wet forever after being in the rain, that they drop precipitously in temperature but it doesn't show what temp they are actually feeling.

Everybody then gets hypothermia.

I don't know if that bug was fixed in the past two weeks that I restarted a game because of that.

Check out the Discussions on the steam workshop. I posted a recompiled assembly that fixes the wetness problem. (A variable wasn't cast correctly.)

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I will do that. It was driving me mad that the prisoners were getting hypothermia at loving 16 degrees inside my base, and that I was completely unable to caravan with my nerds.

Will look for this now.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What are the must have mods nowadays? Haven't played in a good while.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

which ones let you amputate butts for the Space Station 13 experience?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nalesh posted:

What are the must have mods nowadays? Haven't played in a good while.

Play the vanilla game until you catch yourself thinking, "Man, <feature X> sucks." Then go find a mod that fixes it.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Like the lack of bionic dicks.

Or improvised ones.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

HelloSailorSign posted:

Like the lack of bionic dicks.

Or improvised ones.

And if youre gonna get bionic dicks you might as well get bionic vagina one. Or bionic butt hole. Whatever floats your bionic boat.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Bionic piss is stored in the bionic balls.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hihohe posted:

And if youre gonna get bionic dicks you might as well get bionic vagina one. Or bionic butt hole. Whatever floats your bionic boat.

Seems like immediately after inventing the bionic dick and the bionic vagina someone would invent the combo unit so you wouldn't have to pick just one or the other. You can have a dick and a clit at the same time for maximum masturbation variety.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Warmachine posted:

Check out the Discussions on the steam workshop. I posted a recompiled assembly that fixes the wetness problem. (A variable wasn't cast correctly.)

This is super cool and good and fixed my problem. Thank goon!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gotta say, once I learned the size of the antigrain warhead radius I've bought every single one I could find. Defeated a siege with one shot.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Party Plane Jones posted:

Gotta say, once I learned the size of the antigrain warhead radius I've bought every single one I could find. Defeated a siege with one shot.

Wait. It doesn't just kill vegetation?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no it just kills grain

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Nuclear War posted:

No matter how many times people tell Tynan it's needlessly confusing to not call it "antimatter warhead" he doesn't really listen. It's got a "grain" of antimatter therefore it's an anti-grain warhead, see :downs:

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Play the vanilla game until you catch yourself thinking, "Man, <feature X> sucks." Then go find a mod that fixes it.

Best answer. This is what I did until I started seeing shiny new things I could add into the game.

edit: Just got Toxic Fallout on top of Cold Snap which killed four 15x15 fields of fully grown crops on top of a goddamn Volcanic Winter, gently caress you very much Randy

Phoenix Taichou fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 2, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm dealing with toxic fallout right now too. Fortunately we had some time to stock up and more importantly the pig freezer is fully stocked with pig food.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nuclear War posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpI7sJO83Pg

It's an antimatter warhead with an absolutely massive radius (it's like 10/15 squares)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Seems like immediately after inventing the bionic dick and the bionic vagina someone would invent the combo unit so you wouldn't have to pick just one or the other. You can have a dick and a clit at the same time for maximum masturbation variety.

Or, alternatively, you invent the bionic dick but don't require it to be installed in place of the non-bionic dick.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Why hasn't anyone modded in doctor-octopus style arms? An arm that takes the place of a rib, seems possible right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

T-man posted:

Why hasn't anyone modded in doctor-octopus style arms? An arm that takes the place of a rib, seems possible right?

I mean, yeah conceivably, a rib that increases manipulation?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you'd have to replace the ribcage now, individual ribs are no longer a thing

but beyond that...maybe?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

You could just have it say it has four arms, takes a ton to make, gives significant manipulation and mobility boosts, and occupies the entire ribcage.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or replaced each finger with a mechadendrite.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HelloSailorSign posted:

You could just have it say it has four arms, takes a ton to make, gives significant manipulation and mobility boosts, and occupies the entire ribcage.

i'd holler at the EPOE guy on steam with this idea, he'd know more than me but this sounds perfectly reasonable to my ears

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Synthbuttrange posted:

I dont know if its any good but there is rimstation 13. There is also a cluwne faction.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

ShadowHawk posted:

No matter how many times people tell Tynan it's needlessly confusing to not call it "antimatter warhead" he doesn't really listen. It's got a "grain" of antimatter therefore it's an anti-grain warhead, see :downs:

I watched quill18 find one of these and get rid of it because "who needs a weapon that destroys plants?"

:negative:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't believe there's so many people who come across a thing in this game with an odd name and think "eh it's probably useless"

Like, who doesn't read the description on all the stuff they find?

"Vanometric power cell? I don't own a van, maybe I can burn it for fuel??"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I can't believe there's so many people who come across a thing in this game with an odd name and think "eh it's probably useless"

Like, who doesn't read the description on all the stuff they find?

"Vanometric power cell? I don't own a van, maybe I can burn it for fuel??"

Kicking over rocks for useful things is half the fun of the late game. I was super disappointed with the psychic emitter when I discovered it was basically just large enough to cover the workshop.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eh, considering how little power it uses..? A +5 isn't nothing, and the workshop or the research lab/hospital, places where your pawns will be spending all day, those are good places to put it. Means you actually want to think about where you put it.

It's well in line with the other rewards I think except possibly the power cell which is just very good because you can always use more power.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, an effectively permanent +5 to to everyone in the workshop is fantastic.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I just want to hook it up to a vano and Tim Taylor the thing into a colony wide trick.

More power ho ho ho

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

As long as I can designate my tough/idiot colonist to janitor so he can leave wet floors around my base and then survive the mob justice of getting his rear end kicked, I'm down.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Jesus, late game poison/psychic ship drops are murder now. How the hell do I deal with the messes of inferno cannon centipedes and other fodder now? I miss the old days when I could just build a wooden shack around the ship and cook the bastards.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

NatasDog posted:

Jesus, late game poison/psychic ship drops are murder now. How the hell do I deal with the messes of inferno cannon centipedes and other fodder now? I miss the old days when I could just build a wooden shack around the ship and cook the bastards.

Antigrain warheads. Build a couple of mortars and fire them simultaneously once the ship gets triggered; two warheads will outright kill or damage most of them.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 4, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

EMP grenades and melee colonists (with shield belts, natch).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I got two charge rifles now and i'm finally starting to switch the colony over to marble/granite structures. How many charge rifles do I need to just start owning face and with what kinda armor. We're still early in but I did rich explorer and got a spare from an item stash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Charge Rifles are so a18; Charge Lances are the new hotness.

More seriously, charge Rifles are nice, but their range can be an issue, so you'll probably want to outfit most of your idiots with assault rifles if you can swing it. Devilstrand dusters, button down shirt and pants with a flak vest and ideally a power marine helmet is a good start for keeping your colonists mostly protected.