Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

rhombus posted:

Imagine the stank all that ugly fur is holding onto.

If it weren't for that, the van would be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I went to College in Eau Claire, and I still have a lot of friends living there... Maybe I get one to look.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Powershift posted:

When they hosed it up, it was probably only worth $10k. The "investor" car bubble is dumb as poo poo.
Yeah I hosed up a few $2000 cars that would be worth 60k now.
How much for a ford falcon?
https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=9947&lid=1583977&pgn=1&pgs=10
Only been up for a couple of days and already got a 320k bid. Will probably go over a million.

It's a bloody ford falcon sedan with stickers on it!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Homologation models are different though. Still, that car has no pedigree.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

cars... as investments... looked at, not used, it all sounds ... lame.

it sounds like a thinly veiled excuse to spend insane money on a childhood dream because ten other guys are trying to do the same but nope

wiki because i have never even heard of this model :( posted:

A Falcon XY GTHO Phase III was sold at by Bonhams & Goodmans at auction for A$683,650 in March 2007. The car had only 40,000 km on the clock. The buyer of the car said it will be garaged, and that it will not be driven, but that he will be "keeping it as an investment".[6] The sale price set a new auction record for Australian muscle cars.[7] Whilst in June 2007 another Phase III sold for A$750,000.[8]

also, good ones are a million+ ozziedollars?! And there's 1500 of them, so not even that few. Harsh

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
here u go guys

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Old Binsby posted:

cars... as investments... looked at, not used, it all sounds ... lame.

My father's first car was a '57 Chevy coupe. He felt ashamed, driving a ten-year-old car in high school. Later, he and his brothers would buy 1959 Chevy pickups for $50 and run them into the ground (sometimes via a jump off a cliff). Turns out he was just making them more valuable for everybody else.

Any minute now, the cars of my childhood will be collectible. Fox-body Mustangs already are. And the Taurus wagon that I described as looking like a melted frog back in the day ... I want one now (did they make the wagon with the boat motor?)

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Chillbro Baggins posted:

My father's first car was a '57 Chevy coupe. He felt ashamed, driving a ten-year-old car in high school. Later, he and his brothers would buy 1959 Chevy pickups for $50 and run them into the ground (sometimes via a jump off a cliff). Turns out he was just making them more valuable for everybody else.

Any minute now, the cars of my childhood will be collectible. Fox-body Mustangs already are. And the Taurus wagon that I described as looking like a melted frog back in the day ... I want one now (did they make the wagon with the boat motor?)

Boat motor? I bet you're confusing Mercury Marine's Corvette LT4 with the Yamaha SHO V6. And no, unfortunately. If you do get one, I have an original K&N intake kit for one.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Chillbro Baggins posted:

we never see the beauty of things discarded or sold without a second thought until 25 years later suddenly it becomes a Thing That Should Stay The Same forever. I get taking care of your valuable possessions but that Ford I posted had 40k km on the clock at auction. I feel bad for mr the investor guy with all the money in the world, or a lot at least. Yet not enough to buy the pleasure of driving that old performance car at performance speeds because he's too scared to lose some cash. All while someone else probably thoughtlessly did the first 40

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

KakerMix posted:

here u go guys

Oh, not Englewood Chicago, dang

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DJ Commie posted:

Boat motor? I bet you're confusing Mercury Marine's Corvette LT4 with the Yamaha SHO V6. And no, unfortunately. If you do get one, I have an original K&N intake kit for one.

Minor correction...LT5.

Last I looked the ZR1 was fairly obtainable a year ago. Who knows where prices are now. The LT5 is bulletproof. Helluva ride back in its day.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You gonna laugh when you read this, but mid 90's unmolested Civic Si is going to be a million dollar car someday. Even Neon ACR may rock an auction house 50 years into the future.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DJ Commie posted:

I meant the Yamaha, they also make boat motors. Never could figure out what their logo was because it makes no sense on an outboard or a motorcycle, then I went to a music store and ohhhhh.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Chillbro Baggins posted:

I meant the Yamaha, they also make boat motors. Never could figure out what their logo was because it makes no sense on an outboard or a motorcycle, then I went to a music store and ohhhhh.

I'm pretty sure they are motorcycle forks not a tuning fork my man.

E: nope I'm wrong, all this time

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Chillbro Baggins posted:

There's a really nice Taurus wagon in Idaho for $1500:

https://pullman.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-taurus-1999/6699678007.html

(I'm on my phone, no screenshot)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nitrox posted:

You gonna laugh when you read this, but mid 90's unmolested Civic Si is going to be a million dollar car someday. Even Neon ACR may rock an auction house 50 years into the future.

I doubt any exist in “unmolested” form anymore

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

I doubt any exist in “unmolested” form anymore

exactly my thought, double so for an all original CRX. The civics my mom drove from that generation all rusted pretty badly and they were reasonably taken care of. that’s before you even consider the tuner boyzzz

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Colostomy Bag posted:

Minor correction...LT5.

Last I looked the ZR1 was fairly obtainable a year ago. Who knows where prices are now. The LT5 is bulletproof. Helluva ride back in its day.

Isn't the LT5 so different from any other small block that parts are unobtanium?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I hope that one day my POS will be worth something. Right now it's as valuable as the hardtop

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fender Anarchist posted:

Isn't the LT5 so different from any other small block that parts are unobtanium?

Not really. Some stuff (specific castings especially) are capital-E Expensive, but not particularly hard to source. The engine is a tank to begin with, so hard parts breakages are pretty rare outside of racing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can buy a donor ZR 1 for under 20k which is less then a P car motor by 15k.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, you can buy a LT5 waterpump from Rock Auto for around $200-$300. Not exactly chump change, but hey, it's available.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/169131260428208

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

There's a really nice Taurus wagon in Idaho for $1500:

https://pullman.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-taurus-1999/6699678007.html

(I'm on my phone, no screenshot)
Hey that was my first car too, only mine was baby blue.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

If it were a wagon it would be near perfect.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Warehouse full of air cooled porsches... sigh.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Urge to commit terrible sins is strong....

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Give in.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

There's enough eagles there to make one great super eagle. You won't even have to buy parts. You should do it

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

Urge to commit terrible sins is strong....

Man, if I had the space...
and knew where it was, since you so cleverly cropped out the location and didn’t post the url.
I can’t afford it anyway. I’m about to pay close to that in LASIK (yay!)

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Iowa City :ssh:

(insert Bucephalus joke here)

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Dagen H posted:

Iowa City :ssh:

(insert Bucephalus joke here)

Iowa City has some weird car culture.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Totally want that black wagon though

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dagen H posted:

Totally want that brown wagon though
fixed for me. The dent gives it character.

(it's unlisted now)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I wish I hadn't seen this. Very tempting.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Brony Car posted:

I wish I hadn't seen this. Very tempting.

You notice, crucially, it doesn't say "runs".

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Tai-Pan posted:

You notice, crucially, it doesn't say "runs".

That can be fixed in a weekend with a Sawzall and a Chevy V8 with a Roots blower on top.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Wow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

There is no way that can be a thing that actually exists.