Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Okay Ana that is a stone cold move but jesus christ how do you even DO that.

Edit: also gently caress I hope she lives to see the end of this poo poo.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Happy Breast Cancer awareness month, everybody! :toot:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Glagha posted:

ok well there's a few things wrong with this sentiment...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glagha posted:

Okay Ana that is a stone cold move but jesus christ how do you even DO that.

i think shes going to be the thing at the end of this poo poo, if that makes any sense lmao

anyway, shes p loving hardcore and im p sure cope said somewhere that ana's going to be p well raging once she emerges from the malaise

shes almost certainly far more dangerous than she was before, in temperament and power both

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
No, Ana! That's not what "get ripped" means!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I've heard of bodice rippers but never bosom rippers!

Now theres a powerful scene.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
What's the significance of titty bird in this scene? Is titty bird here to watch torn titties be thrown?

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

isndl posted:

What's the significance of titty bird in this scene? Is titty bird here to watch torn titties be thrown?

She can watch through the first materials, especially as it was her devotees who made it in the first place. She's clearly got an interest in this whole drama.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

isndl posted:

One theory I've seen is that this is the female equivalent of the Blacktongue initiation.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Ilganyang was peeping through Bastion's first silver torque, so I'm betting she had more than a little to do with this happening (especially as she was also watching Ana hallucinate right before Cutter hooked her up to the silver.) Cope clarified on the tumblr that she's not physically present, just observing while she's still trapped in the khert, but I feel like she should have added some visual effect to indicate that in the panel itself, because it sure as poo poo looks like Ilganyag's actually there.

The small black tongue torques greatly increase their ability to cast by letting them store excess spellwork and hold additional aspects, so I'd imagine now that Ana is fully loaded with first silver she's got a monstrous power upgrade. And now that I'm thinking about it, she may have enough first silver inside her that she's actually pymary-proof herself.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I think you people are over-complicating a very easy to follow sequence of events in that Silver Revenant Ana has been objectified her whole life for having rocking tits so now that she is essentially a corpse possessed by liquid hate she decided to pluck them from her because they offend her...

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

So...Is Ana now like Duane?

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

I don't see why you think she's dead or like Duane. Bastion clearly was there when Duane died and was loving with his corpse to turn him into a zombie, and Duane can't be conscious at night. Bastion here is clearly teleporting away and looking for Cutter, and he's profoundly uninterested in anything that was happening to Ana, so there's no reason to think he'd do the same thing to her he did to Duane.

Ana was ejected in the explosion, taking presumably quite a lot of the silver she was connected to with her, but a small enough amount that she's more in control of than she was inside the eel. I'd assume she is now extremely difficult to kill.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
murkoph is going to swagger back into the comic poetically pontificating about how he’s the baddest dude around only to see anadyne and ruck leaned up against a single lightpost and snapping their fingers menacingly

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
really who hasn't wanted to rip their tits off and throw them in the lake at some point

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I still feel like tits should be harder to remove than that.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Glagha posted:

But have you really tried?

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Glagha posted:

Yeah, but she's infused with Magical Bullshit (just a descriptor, I like it) so she's probably just really loving weird right now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A monster made of silver, blood, and human misery the size of a two-story house just condensed itself down to the size of a woman's arm.

I'm willing to accept she's just that strong.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

plus being a dead rear end dead zombie who is dead as gently caress would help since your rotten, dead rear end body is easier to pluck the titties from.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Awaiting the silver to say gently caress you and grow her new silver tits so she'll never be free from the misery of her past.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is this even actually happening, or is it in her head?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is this even actually happening, or is it in her head?

everything that happened after the silver was weird and disjointed enough that it could all be a big fever dream its true.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

It's happening because Toma and Elka see the silver eel vanish after they set off their explosives. They think it's gone, but then Elka sees a smoke eel and it confirms it's not, because we always see an abundance of smoke eels when the silver eel is around.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_106.html

Confusing as always, but I like Elka's moment of Thorsby-plotting.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Big fan of Elka using clever tactics to punch above her weight class.

Compared to most of the wights we've seen, girl's probably one of the more middling casters on offer, so it's nice to see her take down a SSS-tier jackass with a bit of situational awareness and quick thinking.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, we've no real idea how competent Elka is compared to the standard. Most of the spell-slinging we've seen has been courtesy of ridiculously powerful wizards. She might actually be pretty good for regular human people who aren't savants or tower-dwelling shut-ins.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 14, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Here come the corrupt peaceguards who are there to force an uneasy alliance between Naked Goth and the buddy cops.
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_108.html

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Since she's an officer in the Peaceguard, I think she's probably pretty good, it's just that we're familiar with Duane, who is so flipping overpowered it's not even funny, and Quigley, who was born with massive biological advantages. Every time Elka's gotten beaten it's because she's been vastly outnumbered by other wrights, or is trying to cast while massively disadvantaged in some way. She didn't have a problem catching up all the corrupt town guards, she lost later when she deliberately forfeited a prepared spell to save Jivi and Matty's lives instead of defending her own. After that, she was riding a hound, casting at range, and aiming at a dude that was saturating the local khert lines by stealing a bunch of pressure from the waterfall - she just missed in a high-stress, difficult-to-do situation. Bastion's got his teleporting trick that nobody has ever seen before - it's a spell that is utterly unique to him, so there's no way she could have expected it when he pops up behind her. She passes out and is still good enough to corner and pin him immediately aftwards - she's only taken down when she's swarmed by multiple other peaceguard, who are people with identical training to hers.

Usually, the narrative usually goes out of the way to explicitly inform the reader of a wright's skill level. Duane tells us Bette was a dumb piece of poo poo who didn't know what he was doing, and proves it pretty quickly. Ana says she's still learning and has problems aiming at moving targets, and then we see her fail at precisely those things in critical moments. Starfish tells us Quigley is a very skilled wright; Quigley mocks Ana for her lack of skill when they fight at the warehouse. Likewise, Quigley get snippy at Duane during their fight to let us know Duane has the extremely unfair advantage of being able to cast spells without talking. While Bastion deservedly mocks Darkest Paul as a person, when it comes to a confrontation Paul brings his best weapon and Bastion launches an immediate attack at Paul without so much as a quip - they're both afraid to give even the change of an advantage to the other. Paul might be a hilarious clown but his skills as a wright are solid enough that Bastion wants to stay the hell away from him, preferring to block an attack and keep running instead of just doubling back and ending the situation permanently.

So far, the narrative has never lied to the readers when the wrights comment on each other's relative skill levels, either in dialogue or by action. If somebody's good or bad, the story will make that pretty clear. Right now it looks like Elka's pretty good, by virtue of qualifying to be in the peaceguard, but not exceptional for her position. So like a B+, compared to Quigley's A+ or Ana's D or Duane's "gently caress you I'm the teacher."

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
always rooting for dead dad

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_109.html

I appreciate that Pantoffel's "attack" command is "mailmen!".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so im about a year behind on my catch-up read but im gonna take a stab in the dark

Jivi's mother is a sea-woman, isnt she

e: "my faith forbids i eat from the waters" what the gently caress Duane you've never had a shrimp done up nice? poor bastard patriot

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 16, 2018

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Some of his less dogmatic fellow believers are probably okay with crayfish because that's not THE SEA but yes he has absolutely never had shrimp in any capacity.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

so im about a year behind on my catch-up read but im gonna take a stab in the dark

Jivi's mother is a sea-woman, isnt she

She’s a pirate, which is a shittier career than usual in a world where the ocean literally eats souls

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

She’s a pirate, which is a shittier career than usual in a world where the ocean literally eats souls

a pirate with fish scales and who looks like a deep one, which feels notable

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 17, 2018

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Technically, she's a privateer if I recall correctly. I forget if her letter of marque was issued by Sharteshane or Cresce, though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
again im way far behind but all this intrigue im reading leads me to believe that a variety of interests in Crece provoked a reaction from Alderode that the state was not remotely prepared to deal with

like they could have left the malingering caste-society alone to eat its own guts but someone somewhere thought they knew better and decided to force the issue

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

again im way far behind but all this intrigue im reading leads me to believe that a variety of interests in Crece provoked a reaction from Alderode that the state was not remotely prepared to deal with

like they could have left the malingering caste-society alone to eat its own guts but someone somewhere thought they knew better and decided to force the issue

I think it's been a pretty strong subtext since the comic started getting into the political intrigue angle that both states have only been kept from total collapse and civil war by their endless cold war against each other.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Which is not for lack of trying on their politicians' parts - Bodie was pretty drat hyped to murder a bunch of his fellow countrymen to give his religion a political advantage. I personally think Sonorie had zero involvement in Duane's death and it was all a false flag operation to drive additional wedges between the Aldish gefendur and ssaelit.

But we also haven't seen anything that's been happening in Alderode since Duane's death six years ago, so things could definitely have gone weird.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cat Mattress posted:

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_109.html

I appreciate that Pantoffel's "attack" command is "mailmen!".

I caught that too. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Which is not for lack of trying on their politicians' parts - Bodie was pretty drat hyped to murder a bunch of his fellow countrymen to give his religion a political advantage. I personally think Sonorie had zero involvement in Duane's death and it was all a false flag operation to drive additional wedges between the Aldish gefendur and ssaelit.

But we also haven't seen anything that's been happening in Alderode since Duane's death six years ago, so things could definitely have gone weird.

I agree it was a false flag, but I think it was the opposite. It was an attempt to refocus the aldish gefendur's hate on Cresce, because everyone hates Cresce and if Cresce is trying to divide us that means it's the time for unity.