Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i wonder if coke gained value during the anita hill pube-on-a-coke saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Donkwich posted:

i wonder if coke gained value during the anita hill pube-on-a-coke saga

it didn't meaningfully decline. July 1 (nomination) 6.81, October 18 (Thomas is sworn in) 7.92, nothing below 6.81 in between

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that time trump got bored and did the wh press brief or w/e himself

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sexual Lorax posted:

this made me suddenly remember the funny politics poo poo that theres a playboy model just out of frame in this picture

There's a home inspector right in frame.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Necrothatcher posted:

David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

:hai:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sexual Lorax posted:

this made me suddenly remember the funny politics poo poo that theres a playboy model just out of frame in this picture

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

There's a home inspector right in frame.

Hidden in plain sight like a heckin' boss.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dcfadp

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how DARE you suggest both parties are the same, SIR!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Filthy Hans posted:

John Ashcroft hated beards and apparently refused to talk to bearded men

And was such a prude that he put up curtains to block out a topless statue during a press conference

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Feldegast42 posted:

And was such a prude that he put up curtains to block out a topless statue during a press conference

that was the moment i knew that moron wasnt on my side

party affiliation working for bush singing songs openly proselytizing from his office they were all strong indicators but covering up a marble titty was when i knew he was deeply deeply troubled

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

how DARE you suggest both parties are the same, SIR!

that's just a picture of two dudes who met on jeffrey epstein's plane, nothing sinister there at all

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
he knew what he signed up for

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I love these comparisons because unless you believe in the divine right of kings there's no reason to root for Danerys on the show just like there's no reason to like Clinton unless you're really into political dynasties.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Retromancer posted:

I love these comparisons because unless you believe in the divine right of kings there's no reason to root for Danerys on the show just like there's no reason to like Clinton unless you're really into political dynasties.

cspam posters not rooting for the night king lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

extremely cursed image

Comrayn posted:

cspam posters not rooting for the night king lol

I rooted for Littlefinger

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Well, who am I supposed to vote for, the person who DOESN'T have dragons?

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
The SA offsite which rose into nightly-news prominence in the 2016 election cycle is now older than its stereotypical poster

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Mandoric posted:

The SA offsite which rose into nightly-news prominence in the 2016 election cycle is now older than its stereotypical poster

Stereotypical sure, but the average age has probably been raised a bit by the old folks going there for QAnon.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Bob Dole selling boner pills on TV after losing

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_AnvUIvJs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Molly in her champagne (she ain’t even know it)
Took her home and I enjoyed that (she ain’t even know it)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-_ZDrypec

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

sleeptalker posted:

Stereotypical sure, but the average age has probably been raised a bit by the old folks going there for QAnon.

yah and I think it's always been people born before 1988 or so who can hide behind the stereotype

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I remembered Tipper Gore, 2 Live Crew, and explicit lyric labels today.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

LastInLine posted:

I remembered Tipper Gore, 2 Live Crew, and explicit lyric labels today.

I'm kinda glad that Gore had the 2000 election stolen from him because it saved us from 4+ years of cusses in music being the first lady's "thing"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

During the ACA debate some GOP idiot said that Stephen Hawking would have been euthanized under a cruel system like the British NHS

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

executive producer Mad Max Fury Road too :snoo:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Retromancer posted:

I'm kinda glad that Gore had the 2000 election stolen from him because it saved us from 4+ years of cusses in music being the first lady's "thing"

Let's be honest, he'd have properly lost after one term of actually passing climate change legislation.

But we'd all be richer without the Bush tax cuts

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

zegermans posted:

During the ACA debate some GOP idiot said that Stephen Hawking would have been euthanized under a cruel system like the British NHS

In a Fox News show years ago they once invited an "expert" who said that Germany‘s renewable energy policy only worked so well in comparison to the US because they got tons of sun and the US don’t.

The part of Germany with the most sunshine is about as sunny as Seattle.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Sometime in the past 30 years we all stopped debating rationally instead preferring to construct and knock down political strawmen and therefore now these straw people have more political efficacy than any living individual

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Former DILF posted:

Sometime in the past 30 years we all stopped debating rationally
lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Former DILF posted:

Sometime in the past 30 years we all stopped debating rationally instead preferring to construct and knock down political strawmen and therefore now these straw people have more political efficacy than any living individual

this isn't the hot takes thread

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

i'm reading stuff about the rise of the nazis and decided to look up what franz von papen got up to after 1945

quote:

Papen was captured along with his son Franz Jr. at his own home by First Lieutenant Thomas McKinley[345] and members of the 194th Glider Infantry Regiment, in April 1945. McKinley rushed into the lodge to find Franz von Papen having dinner with his family. McKinley pulled out a photograph and identified Papen. McKinley then told Papen that he was his prisoner; Papen stated in reply, "I don't know what the Americans would want with an old man of 65 like me!" Nonetheless, McKinley sat down and ate dinner with Papen before taking him captive.

quote:

Papen was subsequently sentenced to eight years hard labour by a West German denazification court, but was released on appeal in 1949.[353] Until 1954, Papen was forbidden to publish in West Germany, and so he wrote a series of articles in newspapers in Spain – General Franco approved of his fellow Catholic conservative Papen – attacking the Federal Republic from a conservative Catholic position in much the same terms that he had attacked the Weimar Republic

quote:

In 1952 and 1953, Papen published his memoirs in two volumes in Switzerland, in which he complained about how unfair it was that people blamed him for bringing Hitler to power and making him (Papen) at least partly responsible for all that happened in Germany between 1933 and 1945.[356] Papen made the claim in his memoirs that he did not bring Hitler to power as he was only negotiating with Hitler to save the Schleicher government, which somehow ended with Hitler becoming Chancellor and Papen Vice-Chancellor in the same cabinet through no fault of his own.[357] Weinberg called Papen's 1952 memoir Der Wahrheit eine Gasse "mostly fiction" as Papen recounted in much detail his courageous career as an anti-Nazi resistance fighter who sabotaged Hitler's policies.

in conclusion, lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It feels like a lifetime ago, but I remember this being actively shocking (and also very lol) as it was happening.

It seems weird to be shocked by anything in a post-escalator world.