Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

every single Detroit WR is worth more than Fournette right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Ben Nevis posted:

The real hope here is we get a 2nd year of Mike Davis arguments. It can become a recurring thing like CMike or Josh Gordon hype.

I’ve been on this Mike Davis bus for over a year now and I’ll die on this mountain.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR with 3WR:

My Team
QB: Cousins
RB: Gurley, Hyde, Peterson, Ajayi
WR: Green, Sanders, Diggs, J. Brown, Jeffery, Kupp, Gordon
TE: Njoku

His Team
QB: Baker Mayfield
RB: Ty Montgomery, TJ Yeldon, Le'Veon Bell, Joe Mixon, Chris Thompson, Wendell Smallwood
WR: Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Tedd Ginn, Julian Edelman

He's currently seeking trade offers for Bell. Should I make one? If so, what would you offer given the above rosters? I'm thinking a 2 for 1 where I move a WR and either Ajayi or Peterson would make sense.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/jfowlerespn/status/1046892150515011584?s=21

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Might offer Cooper for Fournette straight up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR with 3WR:

My Team
QB: Cousins
RB: Gurley, Hyde, Peterson, Ajayi
WR: Green, Sanders, Diggs, J. Brown, Jeffery, Kupp, Gordon
TE: Njoku

His Team
QB: Baker Mayfield
RB: Ty Montgomery, TJ Yeldon, Le'Veon Bell, Joe Mixon, Chris Thompson, Wendell Smallwood
WR: Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Tedd Ginn, Julian Edelman

He's currently seeking trade offers for Bell. Should I make one? If so, what would you offer given the above rosters? I'm thinking a 2 for 1 where I move a WR and either Ajayi or Peterson would make sense.

I’d start with Ajayi straight up honesty. If that fails then I’d go Brown or Kupp.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I AM NOW INVINCIBLE

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
so Bell is rumored to come back after the bye before the trade deadline. Does he get traded? What to do with Conner now? He hasnt been very good the last two weeks.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Bell and Conner will almost definitely go into a time share. Bell doesn't want to get injured and Conner is the guy for the future.

My understanding is that it Bell is traded he's just traded under the franchise tag and no contract can be agreed at this time anyway.

Then again, maybe the Steelers caved and agreed to Bell's demands. Conner clearly isn't as good as Bell and the Steelers looked like a dumpster fire last night.

Whatever happens its almost guaranteed to be garbage for fantasy.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

dkj posted:

Bell and Conner will almost definitely go into a time share. Bell doesn't want to get injured and Conner is the guy for the future.

My understanding is that it Bell is traded he's just traded under the franchise tag and no contract can be agreed at this time anyway.

Then again, maybe the Steelers caved and agreed to Bell's demands. Conner clearly isn't as good as Bell and the Steelers looked like a dumpster fire last night.

Whatever happens its almost guaranteed to be garbage for fantasy.

With what's been going on so far, won't the Steelers just want to use up Bell as much as they can before he's gone?

I don't think they care on if he wants to get injured or not, they might just tell him you play what we give you or don't play at all?

I think it might end up being like a 70/30 or 80/20 Bell/Conner split more than a even timeshare.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dkj posted:

I'm leaning towards this. Connor has just not looked good, comparatively. Each week goes by and defenses have adjusted to him. If Bell comes back, he's going to get worked as much as possible given the money spent, and honestly why wouldn't Bell want to stat pad too in case of a potential trade.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

VietCampo posted:

With what's been going on so far, won't the Steelers just want to use up Bell as much as they can before he's gone?

I don't think they care on if he wants to get injured or not, they might just tell him you play what we give you or don't play at all?

I think it might end up being like a 70/30 or 80/20 Bell/Conner split more than a even timeshare.

Maybe, but Conner is their guy going forward so I would assume they want to get him as much experience as possible. Especially if they don't turn things around before then.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I still think Pitt transition tags Bell in 2019 then matxhes whatever the offer is another team gives.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Bell's entire reason for sitting out was to preserve himself for his free agent negotiation. The only reason he is returning is at all is to be eligible as a free agent and the only reason he is returning early is to be eligible for a potential trade, which is likely.

Conner is their future. If he comes back to the Steelers they will run him into the ground.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

Bell's entire reason for sitting out was to preserve himself for his free agent negotiation. The only reason he is returning is at all is to be eligible as a free agent and the only reason he is returning early is to be eligible for a potential trade, which is likely.

Conner is their future. If he comes back to the Steelers they will run him into the ground.

Any team that pays that much for Bell at his age with that much guaranteed money is going to run him in the ground so might as well be Pitt.

If they TT him he makes $17m I believe, has the right to test FA, and gives Pitt the option to match.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

I just need Lindsay to have a 13-point game, which Yahoo says has an 18% chance of happening. I feel like it's... probably higher than that?

18 percent, baby.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dkj posted:

Need 15 points from Kelce because Big Ben poo poo his pants all night.

Love me some Kelce.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lindsay rules and I don't know if I want to trade him for Tate

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i don't know what was going through my head when i started Ryan Tannehill (@ the Patriots) over Blake Bortles (at home against the Jets)

but i lost that league by less than a point and I'm sure it's karma telling me i'm a loving idiot

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It looks like I'm going to pull out a slim victory this week, I went into tonight's game ahead by 10 against Sammy Watkins and Butker

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I lost by less than 2 points because Hunt ran in that TD instead of literally any other scoring possibility. A FIELD GOAL would have won me the game.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Feeling pretty dumb right now. My team:

QB: Rodgers (GB)
WR: Hopkins (Hou)
WR: Woods (LAR)
RB: T. Coleman (Atl)
RB: M. Lynch (Oak)
TE: R. Gronkowski (NE)
WRT: A. Ekeler (LAC)

BN RBs: T. Cohen (Chi) (BYE), L. McCoy (Buf)
BN WRs: A. Robinson (Chi) (BYE), K. Stills (Mia)
BN TEs: G. Olsen (Car)
BN QB: A. Luck (Ind)

K: Gould (SF)
Def: Philadelphia

Gronk is looking unlikely for Thursday, and it looks like Olsen won't be back in time. Also I'm an idiot and dropped Yeldon for Ekeler since I thought Fournette was going to not hurt himself again so soon... Tell me if I'm insane for thinking the following options.
1. Drop Olsen for who? Austin Hooper (should be decent against PIT) / Nick Vannett (more touches because Dissly is out) / Jesse James?
2. Who should I drop for a shot at Yeldon again? I want to see McCoy do something but he hasn't been all that productive all season..

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Apparently Zeke is battling 2 different leg injuries. Is it worth dropping Enunwa or Allison for Rod Smith in a .5 ppr league? I'm super deep at receiver

Relevant players:
RB: Hunt, Lynch, A. Jones
WR: Adams, Diggs, J. Brown, M. Jones, M. Williams, Edelman, Enunwa, Allison

This isn't how I drafted, but it's where I am now.

Scruffy the janitor fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 2, 2018

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

kimcicle posted:

Gronk is looking unlikely for Thursday, and it looks like Olsen won't be back in time. Also I'm an idiot and dropped Yeldon for Ekeler since I thought Fournette was going to not hurt himself again so soon... Tell me if I'm insane for thinking the following options.
1. Drop Olsen for who? Austin Hooper (should be decent against PIT) / Nick Vannett (more touches because Dissly is out) / Jesse James?
2. Who should I drop for a shot at Yeldon again? I want to see McCoy do something but he hasn't been all that productive all season..

I think I would wait until Thursday and see what happens to Gronk rather than picking up a TE now. If he's out on Thursday than make a move on TE. I don't think any of those guys you mention are worth burning a roster spot if you don't need them. If he's available you might want to consider Ricky Seals Jones if you do end up needing a TE. Cards play the 49ers this week and it seems like a good match up.

Just a heads up it's possible that Freeman comes back this week. Something to keep any eye on if you are counting on Coleman as a starter.

I'd probably drop Olsen for Yeldon. If Gronk is hurt I wouldn't want to be holding 2 injured TEs. If Gronk is healthy I don't think Olsen will see your line up.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

kimcicle posted:

I would absolutely drop olsen, but are there no other TE's on the wire?

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Apparently Zeke is battling 2 different leg injuries. Is it worth dropping Enunwa or Allison for Rod Smith in a .5 ppr league? I'm super deep at receiver

Relevant players:
RB: Hunt, Lynch, A. Jones
WR: Adams, Diggs, J. Brown, M. Jones, M. Williams, Edelman, Enunwa.

This isn't how I drafted, but it's where I am now.

I'm not sure there is much value in the Cowboy offense if Zeke is out. If he's out I would just roll with Hunt and Lynch.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

axelord posted:

I'm not sure there is much value in the Cowboy offense if Zeke is out. If he's out I would just roll with Hunt and Lynch.

Even if Allison is concussed and sits out this week? I just feel like my RB depth is not enough

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Even if Allison is concussed and sits out this week? I just feel like my RB depth is not enough

Just don't see upside in Rod Smith and couldn't see playing him before Lynch or Hunt. If you want more RB depth sure make a move just wouldn't pick up Rod.

I still like Allison with Cobb being out but your stacked at WR and he's bench depth for you. If you like the guys before him more and there's someone you like better on the wavier wire make the drop. Of your guys I would lean Williams as the drop lots of competition in that WR core. But I could understand wanting to hold on to him for his upside.

axelord fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 2, 2018

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Who wins in a Michael Thomas for Christian McCaffrey straight-up trade in 0.5 PPR?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Buane posted:

Who wins in a Michael Thomas for Christian McCaffrey straight-up trade in 0.5 PPR?

Depends on the rest of the teams, but Thomas looks like the #1 WR in fantasy.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I have an open roster slot in .5 PPR do I pickup N Hines or Mike Davis?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Depends on the rest of the teams, but Thomas looks like the #1 WR in fantasy.

This, but probably whoever gets Thomas.

Epi Lepi posted:

I'd rather pick up Hines.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Hines

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

If you want a flash in the pan go Hines.

If you want someone who is going to bring you a championship, Davis.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Alfalfa posted:

ummm...wut?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I really don't think Davis is going to bring anyone a championship. Pete has come out and said that Carson is the dude, they're just going to get Davis more carries. That backfield is going to be real muddled.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I have the #2 waiver. Is either of Mike Davis or Coutee worth burning it on?

My RBs: AP, Howard, Ajayi, Conner, Ekeler, Mack

My WRs: AB84, Hilton, Landry, A.Robinson, C.Davis

Davis will likely timeshare with Carson and Coutee has only played one gane but did very well and Fuller might be hampered by injury.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Look at these foolish non-believers.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Unsure of what to do with my QB situation. Luck finally had a good game now that I benched him, but I still don't trust him, especially on a short week with a hurt T.Y. Went with Flacco last week and that worked out pretty well, but he's Cleveland this week. Bort, Tannehill, and Carr are all on the waiver with decent matchups. Leaning Bort at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

dxt posted:

Unsure of what to do with my QB situation. Luck finally had a good game now that I benched him, but I still don't trust him, especially on a short week with a hurt T.Y. Went with Flacco last week and that worked out pretty well, but he's Cleveland this week. Bort, Tannehill, and Carr are all on the waiver with decent matchups. Leaning Bort at the moment.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/c/cc/Bort_namesign.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100602174549