Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I... kind of want to see this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham predates the Simpsons movie by 24 years

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's really loving cool and goddamn does it pop. I wish all comic book movies had this much style.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham predates the Simpsons movie by 24 years

Say what you will about the superhero movie thing, who would ever have thought Spider-Ham would have more than a cameo presence in... anything ever again really.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Taintrunner posted:

That's really loving cool and goddamn does it pop. I wish all comic book movies had this much style.

No joke looks like the best comic book movie in ages.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Since Dick Tracy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Say what you will about the superhero movie thing, who would ever have thought Spider-Ham would have more than a cameo presence in... anything ever again really.

He did appear in several issues of the recent Spider-Verse comics. Mostly pissing off Gwen Stacy and eating BLT.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I’m so glad they got rid of all the gaudy post processing effects from the earlier trailers. The visual style looks really fantastic now.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
That looks great and makes me wonder why all comic book movies aren't animated

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Wandle Cax posted:

That looks great and makes me wonder why all comic book movies aren't animated

Because nobody would see them.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09a9laLh0k

This is going to be interesting, if it whitewashes the horror Cheney unleashed on the world it will be unwatchable despite what looks like some excellent performances.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's an Adam McKay movie. The last overtly political movie he made was The Big Short. Make of that what you will.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Well the trailer begins with something that's emphatically wrong in a way that already makes Cheney look less bad.

e: Or, at least, such that I remember it, Cheney was hired to lead the decision making process for who would be Bush's running mate. He chose himself.

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 3, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

While watching the trailer this happened to me.

:tinfoil:

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harry Lime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09a9laLh0k

This is going to be interesting, if it whitewashes the horror Cheney unleashed on the world it will be unwatchable despite what looks like some excellent performances.

I guess it was only a matter of time before Hollywood was going to glamorize Dick Cheney.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I really doubt Adam McKay is going to glamorize Cheney. I'd be surprised if he comes even close to the slightly sympathetic Bush in W.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

While watching the trailer this happened to me.

:tinfoil:

I was looking up a recipe, I couldn't bring myself to use it after that.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

LesterGroans posted:

I really doubt Adam McKay is going to glamorize Cheney. I'd be surprised if he comes even close to the slightly sympathetic Bush in W.

Making a movie about this piece of poo poo at all is glamorizing him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys should follow Adam McKay on...everything.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Given the Big Short, I'm confident that Adam McKay can make a movie about Cheney that has the tenor of "can you believe this loving guy?" You can probably make a good movie about Dick Cheney with that tone. It would be nice if it were perfectly accurate, and only contained True Politics, but that seems a bit much to demand from a film. And certainly too much to hold as a requirement for it to be good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Slutitution posted:

Probably true.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, you could have taken that entire budget and spent it interviewing Iraqi and Afghani children for 120 minutes about how their parents were murdered by American bombs and their nation is a nightmare world thanks to American bombs and they have no future now thanks to him. Werner Herzog, where are you when we need you

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Slutitution posted:

By that logic Der Untergang should have never been made.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hand Knit posted:

Given the Big Short, I'm confident that Adam McKay can make a movie about Cheney that has the tenor of "can you believe this loving guy?" You can probably make a good movie about Dick Cheney with that tone. It would be nice if it were perfectly accurate, and only contained True Politics, but that seems a bit much to demand from a film. And certainly too much to hold as a requirement for it to be good.
It seems like it is going for a black comedy route which I guess would make it easier for the audience to swallow over just dramatically showing how much of a piece of poo poo he is

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, you could have taken that entire budget and spent it interviewing Iraqi and Afghani children for 120 minutes about how their parents were murdered by American bombs and their nation is a nightmare world thanks to American bombs and they have no future now thanks to him. Werner Herzog, where are you when we need you

Yeah but that won't make money or win awards and make America self-rationalize that we're not monsters

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Netflix Sabrina trailer, featuring more collusion with the forces of evil and casual murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKUX6thF8Q

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Taintrunner posted:

This is true of every movie though. And I can almost guarantee this one will make Cheney look worse than, say, The Last Jedi.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Sabrina looks fun. I'm game.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

It seems like it is going for a black comedy route which I guess would make it easier for the audience to swallow over just dramatically showing how much of a piece of poo poo he is

Black comedy is the authentic tone for what the Bush years actually were, I think. That probably makes black comedy a poor choice if you want to get at the truth under the matter. I dunno, probably worth a thought.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

Sabrina looks fun. I'm game.

Yeah!!!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Why does it look like they rubbed grease over the camera lens? Who color corrected this?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Friends Are Evil posted:

Why does it look like they rubbed grease over the camera lens? Who color corrected this?

I think It's by some people too haughty to just use a phone?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Friends Are Evil posted:

Who color corrected this?

Nobody by the looks of it

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Friends Are Evil posted:

Ohhh, are you triggered by bleary lenses, cuck? *pours cooking oil over camera*

*films an actress outside with a big shadow in her face*

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

New Netflix Sabrina trailer, featuring more collusion with the forces of evil and casual murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKUX6thF8Q

What if The VVitch, but the other way around

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does the cat talk? It’s not Sabrina if the cat doesn’t talk. That’s the rules.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can be okay with the cat not talking if it at least is sentient and communicates with her nonverbally or prods her along

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Sorry but no. It's talking cat or bust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ok grandpa