Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

I watched (some of) Altered Carbon in 4k and HDR and that sure didn't save it.

I don't think you like watching TV anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just finished up Bodyguard and boy was that a let down. Series was going so well and I was really expecting to have the whole thing go the way of Shadow Line there at the end but nope, everything all wrapped up in a nice little bow by waving a gun around and revealing the conspiracy with a single phone call.

Then the whole thing with the suicide bomber from ep1 made no sense either and was totally out of left field. Suddenly she decides to just reveal her master plan because...they finally figured part of it out? That was perhaps the worst exposition dump in a show I've ever seen to a bunch of questions that didn't really need answering.

So many parts of that last episode just completely fell apart. drat, what a disappointment.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They sure said kompromat a lot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Altered Carbon was great, but it was very much two shows. One was way schlockier and pulpier than some folks wanted, but I like em both.

Though the camp flashbacks were basically out of a 90s Sci-Fi channel show though.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I've been watching Riverdale and man does the plot of the second season comes to a screeching halt once the FBI dude and Chic the webcam trick show up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent posted:

I've been watching Riverdale and man does the plot of the second season comes to a screeching halt once the FBI dude and Chic the webcam trick show up.

Have you made it to Cheryl's epic kiss yet? Season is saved right there.

Cheryl is the best.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cheryl spinoff when?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Cheryl spinoff when?

In my fuckin dreams.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

IRQ posted:

I watched (some of) Altered Carbon in 4k and HDR and that sure didn't save it.

Weaker last stretch of episodes than Luke Cage Season 1. Than most anything.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought the last few episodes were fun. Helped that the cast was finally grounded in clear dramatic stakes (the absence of which made the first half a slog) and there was a decent quality of plot counterplot going on.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also, Dichen Lachman.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Body shaming ain't cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxcDlcDVG4

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Have you made it to Cheryl's epic kiss yet? Season is saved right there.

Cheryl is the best.

Not yet. I'm gonna start skipping the boring parts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amazon is adapting The Wheel of Time with what I'm assuming a massive budget. The showrunner is some guy that worked on Agents of Shield 3 years ago.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/wheel-time-fantasy-drama-nabs-amazon-series-order-1148488

This feels like Amazon is competing with themselves since they are also doing Lord of the Rings.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What about that company who produced the really bad pilot with Billy Zane and aired it in infomercial time they bought on, like, the Weather Channel or something?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's the same production company called Red Eagle entertainment. They just did a quick pilot in under a month in order to retain the rights until they could get a good deal. Basically a fantastic four situation.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On the topic of Amazon, why is it that Amazon US has third-party seller items that say "Fulfilled by Amazon" for delivery but then don't ship to Europe? If Amazon's fulfilling it, surely they should ship to Europe?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mu Zeta posted:

Amazon is adapting The Wheel of Time with what I'm assuming a massive budget. The showrunner is some guy that worked on Agents of Shield 3 years ago.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/wheel-time-fantasy-drama-nabs-amazon-series-order-1148488

This feels like Amazon is competing with themselves since they are also doing Lord of the Rings.

This show is going to end up being very bad and it will make me irrationally angry but I will still love it with my soul and I already know it will hurt me :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rarity posted:

This show is going to end up being very bad and it will make me irrationally angry but I will still love it with my soul and I already know it will hurt me :(

Don’t tug on your braid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GreenNight posted:

Don’t tug on your braid.

*sniff*

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rarity posted:

Staying true to the source material I see.

I loving love WoT more than anything and can't wait to see how this turns out. It could be so so good but has the potential to be pretty lackluster, especially some of the bigger moments in the story.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Wheat Loaf posted:

On the topic of Amazon, why is it that Amazon US has third-party seller items that say "Fulfilled by Amazon" for delivery but then don't ship to Europe? If Amazon's fulfilling it, surely they should ship to Europe?

The original seller would probably have to deal with VAT, which they don't want to.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Amazon has also signed an exclusive deal with Neil Gaiman.

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/10/02/amazon-studios-neil-gaiman-exclusive-deal-good-omens-american-gods/

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

PaybackJack posted:

So many parts of that last episode just completely fell apart. drat, what a disappointment.

Nothing will ever compete with Jekyll for a final episode poo poo-fest.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

In my heart of hearts I know I should just ignore that they're making a WoT show and just never watch it because I will be happier that way but I know I'll watch it, for a lot of reasons.

Mu Zeta posted:

I mean, on the other hand they can save money on trollocks and myydral since they're just orcs and ringwraiths anyway!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Oh god, the second comment on that article:

quote:

“The Wheel of Time is endlessly fascinating and resonates hugely
with fans as one of the best-selling global book franchises, and we were
drawn to its timely narrative featuring powerful women at the core”
Sigh...I love these books. But when scum like this get involved seeking to inject their toxic politics into something, I'll be sure to stay far, far away.

I get that some people are really bad at recognizing and understanding the themes of a work but oof, talk about not getting it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh no! A strong woman! Run!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

swickles posted:

Oh no! A strong woman! Run!

Well, she could probably beat me up

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm sure it'll be great TV when Rand has his 3 wives.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Hot take: Steven Moffat is not a good writer

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

I'm sure it'll be great TV when Rand has his 3 wives.

Rand's three wives are all baller as gently caress so yah it will if they do the source justice.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

Rand's three wives are all baller as gently caress so yah it will if they do the source justice.

Elayne is just ughhhhhhhhhh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol, Netflix is actually doing the CYOA thing

Don't tell me your opinion on this season of House of Cards until you have 100% completion

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

Elayne is just ughhhhhhhhhh

Okay fair lmao. But baller in the sense they're all their own women and main characters in their own right.

Elayne is just boring compared to a lot of the cast.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

Lol, Netflix is actually doing the CYOA thing

Don't tell me your opinion on this season of House of Cards until you have 100% completion

“The time is right for interactive TV to become a mainstream experience,”

No. No it's not. This is going to be awful.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Croatoan posted:

Didn't they learn anything from Big Brother and the rest of the reality tv poo poo show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Croatoan posted:

Just imagine all the arguments about how one person's version of the episode is better that another's.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

Okay fair lmao. But baller in the sense they're all their own women and main characters in their own right.

Elayne is just boring compared to a lot of the cast.

Elayne had a long stretch where she did absolutely nothing but complain. The show should just fill that time with Birgitte getting drunk AF to not have to deal with her bullshit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Netflix was originally going to get Telltale Games to adapt their Minecraft series for the Netflix platform iirc, but with the company's huge layoffs and financial woes idk if it's still happening.

But yeah they've seemed into the idea of having interactive stories on the service for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The article says Minecraft is still coming. I hope it means these shows lets you do paragon and renegade runs. I want to make the choice between saving the baby or eating the baby.