Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jan posted:

I'm the one who brought up burqas, and every party supports a ban of religious symbols in public to some extent, so yeah.

except for crucifixes

"crucifices"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

flakeloaf posted:

except for crucifixes

"crucifices"?

It's "crucifii"

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I literally don’t think I’ve ever seen a women in Canada wearing a burqa

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
supporting the freedom of women by telling them what they can and cannot wear in public

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the PQ values charter wasn't just going after burkas but hijabs as well, which are far more common (banning either one is bad)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

A Typical Goon posted:

I was going to say I see them every day, but it turns out "burqa" isn't just a fancy term for headscarf like I thought it was

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I only rarely see people wearing burkas here in Toronto. Of course that doesn't stop the Sun News crowd from going apoplectic over them.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

I saw a group of women in full ninja outfits once in the bus and it got me thinking, it might soon become a need to go out in public with your face covered with the exponantial spread of cameras, data colection devices and facial recognition software in our cities as the tentacles of the technocratic fascist government slowly wrap themselves around our collective neck. both the authoritarian left and the authoritarian right are plotting to violate our right to anonymity

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

I saw a group of women in full ninja outfits once in the bus

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I saw a group of women in full ninja outfits once in the bus and it got me thinking, it might soon become a need to go out in public with your face covered with the exponantial spread of cameras, data colection devices and facial recognition software in our cities as the tentacles of the technocratic fascist government slowly wrap themselves around our collective neck. both the authoritarian left and the authoritarian right are plotting to violate our right to anonymity

lol "plotting"

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I'm not surprised Quebec has turned into a caqistocracy

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Buddy they use wifi to track our position at all times anyways, they don't need eyes to see

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

omg the Musselmen have developed cloaking technology and are now literally invisible to the human eye

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

How many people in Quebec today even wear burkhas?

evil islamists make up a startling 5% of quebec's population

so absolutely nobody, basically

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

A Typical Goon posted:

I see them about once every month or so. Hijabs are a lot more common, though.

Banning either is dumb.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
To be fair, older people in Quebec did live in a theocracy and experience what it's like to live under the diktats of the Church. It's very understandable that they would not want to regress to this situation and hope to emancipate the poor immigrant women that are being controlled by their patriarchic islamist husbands.

Which is why we must vote against any sign of any religion whatsoever, to the detriment of everything else! Admit less immigrants, they might be religious! :unsmigghh:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I see them about once every month or so. Hijabs are a lot more common, though.

Banning either is dumb.

the reason why the right really doesn't want the term "islamophobia" to catch on is because it describes them exactly

they're just really, really scared of people wearing big scarves

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jan posted:

To be fair, older people in Quebec did live in a theocracy and experience what it's like to live under the diktats of the Church. It's very understandable that they would not want to regress to this situation and hope to emancipate the poor immigrant women that are being controlled by their patriarchic islamist husbands.

Which is why we must vote against any sign of any religion whatsoever, to the detriment of everything else! Admit less immigrants, they might be religious! :unsmigghh:

some of these dumb fucks ie mathieu bock cote love to do the apology of the grande noirceur and the catholic church as they preach for muslim prayer in public to become illegal

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lmao gently caress

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1047295167089143808?s=21

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao tommy douglas was THE GREATEST CANADIANTM im sure albertans hate him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
tommy douglas was a racist orangist piece of poo poo which is why the ndp is still rocking that color to this day

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tommy douglas was a racist orangist piece of poo poo which is why the ndp is still rocking that color to this day

:thunk:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

remember when brad wall re-told mouseland, except he said the ndp was a mice(the people) infestation and we needed cats(the libs and the cons) to come in and control them

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Yeah, I definitely prefer cats to both mice and bolsheviks.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/robshaw_vansun/status/1047582222536953856

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
solid loving gold

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ahahahahahahah

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/aaronmdrobinson/status/1047582930581614592

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTc3PsW5ghQ

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

THC posted:

the PQ values charter wasn't just going after burkas but hijabs as well, which are far more common (banning either one is bad)

As well as Sikh turbans

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

lmao gently caress

chaser: https://twitter.com/privatevotary/status/1047350812509257729

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:wtc:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

every day I am more convinced that protestants don’t have souls

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

THC posted:

i went to a protestant school and besides saying the Lord's Prayer after the anthem every morning it was actually completely normal

judging from the horror stories i've heard that seems to be the exception rather than the rule though

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

THC posted:

Don't think that is only a protestant thing.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/leavingfundamentalism/2012/04/19/what-is-accelerated-christian-education/

The ACE curriculum sounds amazing where do I enroll my children

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
in a just world indoctrinating children like this would be considered child abuse on the same level as beating your kids. turns out both are legal. i believe technically dogs have more rights than children in this country

also in other news some mtl neighbourhoods are gearing up to give 2000$ (two thousands) fines for smoking weed in public. legalization turning out to be more prohibitive than the prohibition honestly i did not see that coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Speaking of indoctrination

https://twitter.com/GlobalOkanagan/status/1047660225338195969