Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Any reaaon why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah some context beyond generic fanbase toxicity would be helpful.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

I am pretty sure it was scheduled to end today

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It was scheduled for sometime this week, for sure. The 'shitshow' is mostly the big week3 raptor changes being worse than the week2 and pretty much every battle report backing that up. I cant believe they didnt extend it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh wow I can't believe they kept all those storm raptor changes. That thing is going to be my baby.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Did you end up trying it out yet? I was incredibly underwhelmed. The main gun gets stuffed hard by shield guards, the pulse performs worse than lightning generator at range, and the electroleaps from the talons close up.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

Did you end up trying it out yet? I was incredibly underwhelmed. The main gun gets stuffed hard by shield guards, the pulse performs worse than lightning generator at range, and the electroleaps from the talons close up.

I ran it with Kaya2 and it was a nightmare for my opponent. They basically didn't know how to deal with the dual threat. I didn't get a chance to use pulse, but that was mostly cause I was fighting Exemplar Menoth. I suspect that most warlocks just are going to be giving up too much to want to run it, but it's really really strong in the right hands.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

What did they end up with for the raptor? I haven't kept up with cid beyond thaen are usable and the raptor seemed to keep getting better every week.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
It's not like they're committed to use what the last set of changes were.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

darnon posted:

It's not like they're committed to use what the last set of changes were.

No, but its pretty clear from the radical change of week 3 they dont quite know what to do with it.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

For_Great_Justice posted:

What did they end up with for the raptor? I haven't kept up with cid beyond thaen are usable and the raptor seemed to keep getting better every week.

Mat 6
Animus costs 1, flat 10 inches

Changed its gun to range 14,pow 14, with reload 2. Sustained attack. No electro leaps.

Gained * Action Energy Pulse (Thunderheads ability)

Also got Deceptively Mobile(Archangel Repo 3 ability)

Gained High Flying: Ranged attack’s suffer -5 range when targeting this model.

34 points.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Fire Of Salvation had a whole bunch of underwhelming things happen to it in the Exemplar CID and it turned out great in the end.

have a little faith

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

mp5 posted:

have a little faith

but this isn't Menoth!!!

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

but this isn't Menoth!!!

Then burn, heretic!

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Sustained attack every day over anything else especially a boostable gun mother of god.

They have the moon hound for stealth issues too.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Sustained attack every day over anything else especially a boostable gun mother of god.

The moonhound is pretty close to the worst stealth removal in the game. You're waaaay better off taking a mistspeaker.

The problem with the sustained attack gun is that if it gets shield guarded you're stuck rolling the attack again against what you really want to hit, whereas the lightning generator gun gives you options for playing around that interaction (and forces your opponent to spend more time on his clock trying to dance around it). The Storm Raptor is a scenario bully at heart and the lightning generator gun is just way better in that role. Maybe it's anecdotal but all three games I tried with the week3 raptor would have gone much, much better for me with the week2 version.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Could be personal play at that point. If I've gone for sustained attack I'd try to bait out a guard with other guns first or count on them banking it for one specific gun, but thats trying to read tge opponent more than anything.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That would be a great strategy, until you take a look at Circle's list of guns!

It's a way too high value gun in a faction where similar guns just don't exist, and where ranged support is non-existant. They will always, always save the shield guard for it.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah the problem is the options for guns in circle. Unless you have multiple wold wyrds you're not gonna get that gun through.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Circle has a ton of options to move that shield guard away on an assassination run.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Got my Supreme Guardian yesterday. It's not too many pieces but man it's big. I'm sure you've all seen all the pics on the facebook pages or whatever, but I'm happy to have one. If only I was good enough to mod it into Jecht's Final Aeon.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

The Supreme Guardian really makes me want to play Skorne. I was actually hoping my second mystery box would turn out to be Skorne, but it was Cygnar, which is 100% a-ok since that's the faction I play and I don't own anything that came in the mystery box other than the Ironclad and Lancer in the Battlegroup box.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MonPoc shipment got held up in customs and the release is getting delayed to the 5th of October.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Thunderhead has had this since Mk 2 and while it's good, you still don't see it outside of niche builds.

And that's with all the Cygnar lightning synergy where you can get it up to Pow 16 or Pow 18 with threat extensions.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

I might just be hard for sustained attack coming out of convergence with the prime axiom. Anything that removes a dice roll that can fail is good to me.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Friendly Fire posted:

Thunderhead has had this since Mk 2 and while it's good, you still don't see it outside of niche builds.

And that's with all the Cygnar lightning synergy where you can get it up to Pow 16 or Pow 18 with threat extensions.

I'm gonna try out Thunderhead again once I get Caine0. Pulse+firefly+FFE+N3mo Feat = dead heavy infantry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pash posted:

I'm gonna try out Thunderhead again once I get Caine0. Pulse+firefly+FFE+N3mo Feat = dead heavy infantry.

Yeah, this might be legit.

Friendly Fire posted:

Thunderhead does basically nothing the entire rest of the game compared to other options at his points level, so you're banking on a single pulse to get a shitload of work in and then he dies. It's not a super great comparison imo

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

It sucks. Cool model suck rules

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

S.J. posted:

Thunderhead does basically nothing the entire rest of the game compared to other options at his points level, so you're banking on a single pulse to get a shitload of work in and then he dies. It's not a super great comparison imo

I actually disagree with this having run Thunderhead a fair bit. The only thing I really think he needs is to be able to shoot while engaged as that is what fucks him over 9 times out of 10.

The only real comparison piece in faction is Dynamo(Stormclad isn't in the same league for shooting) and while Dynamo is indisputably better for damage output in melee, Thunderhead is far more consistent. Having sustained attack on melee as well has been great against lighter armed but similarly expensive beasts you often face in Legion and Circle.

As for shooting, the output is fairly similar when you again factor in the fact that Dynamo only has to hit with one initial to auto hit the bought attacks, while Dynamo missing one can screw his whole round of shooting.

Thunderheads main advantage is that you can't take out the gun because it isn't linked to a system. As long as you have a cortex box going you can fire at full capacity. Dynamo always seems to get his shot off. Thunderhead also had more boxes and armour which keep him going longer.

Seriously though, on Nemo 1 he can be a very big surprise for your opponent. He'll be Arm21 vs range and magic with a 3 inch threat extension, a melee damage buff and 4 focus allocated. Just plain nasty with all the tricks he brings himself.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean I've used all of that stuff a ton of times and it just isn't that great for the points vs a wide variety of opponents :shrug: But if it's working for you, keep at it.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I don't usually pay attention when CiD isn't doing Circle; how long does it usually take to get the final rules after a CiD closes?

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

fool_of_sound posted:

how long does it usually take to get the final rules after a CiD closes?
About 2 months

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Daemonqueller posted:

About 2 months

:mrwhite:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The rules usually hit around the same time as the new models start coming out, and it gives them more time to go over the changes.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ugh. Skorne CID tomorrow. I'm so excited it hurts.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Oh neat. My lgs is picking up in wmh activity and I was going to jump in with skorne. An all immortal army with the engine is tempting, I'd just need the big boy.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

On the one hand I love me some Skorne.

On the other hand nobody around me plays anymore.

On the other other hand I own absolutely nothing on the Immortals/Zaal/soul shenanigans side of the faction.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

It really is a fun style of list to play. It looks neat on a board an an army if non living things is outside the norm for horde armies so its fun to see someone go "the heck?"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

Ugh. Skorne CID tomorrow. I'm so excited it hurts.

I am excited to have a week of having playable items only for the rest of the community to go overboard and say Skorne is OP and how can they possibly have good units this good? Then we'll have the last 3 weeks of of our CID ruined by people who will never play Skorne complaining about Skorne. Only to find out once CID is over that all the complainers kept Skorne from getting anything decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

waah posted:

I am excited to have a week of having playable items only for the rest of the community to go overboard and say Skorne is OP and how can they possibly have good units this good? Then we'll have the last 3 weeks of of our CID ruined by people who will never play Skorne complaining about Skorne. Only to find out once CID is over that all the complainers kept Skorne from getting anything decent.

You've got a bigger risk from actual Skorne players ruining it. Theres some dimwit in the Facebook group who appears like magic if you mention the Hydra and he says it's so strong it can face tank Champions and bears.