Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Have they confirmed that it will be cosmetic only DLC? And that by cosmetic only you won't only get a new weapon/armour that looks different but breaks everything else that's not paid for in the process?

They have, to the first question. No details on how it actually works. Skins for existing items? Items that replace the look of other items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I want the equivalent of valve servers for tf2. People can do whatever they want on their own servers

What was it that funded tf2 again?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Though it would be weird if they gave up on Creation Club (paid, not necessarily cosmetic items), and weird if they didn't but had two separate premium currencies (the currently used credits, and F76's Atoms).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Gay Horney posted:

Half-Life 2 sales?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Gay Horney posted:

me but check out this unusual hat...

<dances away> conga conga CON-GA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gay Horney posted:

The most successful digital distribution platform in gaming history?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gay Horney posted:

Microtransactions didn't come to TF2 until after it went F2P, iirc.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Ha ha ha you believe that DLC will be free.

I don't think bethesda have ever given anything away for free.

https://wccftech.com/fallout-76-free-dlc-years-cosmetic-mtx/

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Again, how does that square with their plans for Creation Club? Have they commented?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I dunno how bro however they decide it will??

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Donovan Trip posted:

I dunno how bro however they decide it will??

In case it was unclear, I'm asking about their commitment to free non-cosmetic dlc. And what that implies about CC, sir.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fallout 76 in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEiyBbP28g8

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Bethesda is currently hosting a press and media event where they're allowing players to record footage, which will be available to watch as early as this week. Pete Hines said to expect hundreds of hours of footage (!)

In beta news, the beta will be playable for 4 to 8 hours a day.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Donovan Trip posted:

Red Flag here, guys. When devs do this, is because they want to show only a slice of the game. Hide something they think you will find if you can freely explore their game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Or they're stress testing their servers and want plenty of time to parse data but do you baby

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Donovan Trip posted:

Or they're stress testing their servers and want plenty of time to parse data but do you baby

Is a thing Mythic Entertainment would do, if they still existed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Donovan Trip posted:

Bethesda is currently hosting a press and media event where they're allowing players to record footage, which will be available to watch as early as this week. Pete Hines said to expect hundreds of hours of footage (!)

The beta will be available October 30th at 12:01am to 4am and 10pm to 6am daily. Times same across all time zones.

I should see if I can return it since I preordered for the beta early access.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 2, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

The beta will be available October 30th at 12:01am to 4am and 10pm to 6am daily. Times same across all time zones.

Those overlap, no?

Weird hours, unless by "same time" you mean simultaneously everywhere.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 2, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Those overlap, no?

Weird hours, unless by "same time" you mean simultaneously everywhere.

I forget which thread this is. I was making a joke about how Bethesda would make the game available for 4-8 hours at the least convenient times for people.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 2, 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I forget which thread this is. I was making a joke about how Bethesda would make the game available for 4-8 hours at the least inconvenient times for people.

Haha, sorry, I need to go to bed already.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol bethesda's servers are gonna burn down the building they are stored in when all the people who preordered to play get on at the same time. Lol

All to smooth out the launch for the 10% who didn't preorder for early access.

Edit: I'm still laughing at this.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 2, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Train Wreck.

Episode #1: Where Bethesda learns about Timezones.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
what are jokes

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've never seen a games thread on SA so determined to hate a game. This is some gamefaqs poo poo.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Donovan Trip posted:

I've never seen a games thread on SA so determined to hate a game. This is some gamefaqs poo poo.

Never seen a Bioware thread, huh

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I like this game and haven’t even played it yet.

Come at me bros

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's gonna be the best game, you better believe it.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
It would be nice if this Fallout isn't styled entirely like a 50's malt shop.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It would be good if one of the key design aesthetics of the series was no longer one of the key design aesthetics?

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suave Fedora posted:

I like this game and haven’t even played it yet.

Come at me bros

I've enjoyed playing every Bethesda game I've played since playing Skynet in the 90s so I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy this one too.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

My friend if you're looking for a (non existent) game to defend the honor of, have you heard of Star Citizen?

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

It would be good if one of the key design aesthetics of the series was no longer one of the key design aesthetics?

I just feel like there has to be more to this world that we haven't seen several times already.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Never seen a Bioware thread, huh

Yeah this ain't poo poo compared to the indignities Andromeda had to suffer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Won't somebody please think of the programmers?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Power Walrus posted:

I just feel like there has to be more to this world that we haven't seen several times already.

Mothman bro

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Power Walrus posted:

oh look i kind of low key agree with that. after finishing fallout 2 back when it was released i was wanting to see what the rest of the world looked like..., but now i feel if that happened i don't think it would be a fallout game anymore

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Donovan Trip posted:

You should check out the Dungeons and Dragons 5E thread. This thread is a positivity factory compared to that pit of misery.

I'm just looking forward to what comes from these up coming "hands-on" events. I hate being in the dark about the basic systems, trying to piece together developer tweets and interview blurbs to come up with wild speculations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MATN's should be good.

Although, I'm guessing a controlled environment featuring personalities intent on making entertaining videos might not be representative of the average user's online experience—which is the key test.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

TjyvTompa posted:

I don't think you will solve all the problems regarding capitalism in the Fallout thread in the games forums no matter how much you post about it. poo poo sucks but there is no point in posting over and over how much you hate it and it sucks, we all agree.

well i'm glad you found a way to feel superior to everyone then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

The only thing I know about West Virginia is Mothman & The McElroys and if there isn't a lot of those two things I'm gonna flip.

Teach me some West Virginia history Fallout 76.