Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

counterpoint: the bengals fuckin own and joe flacco is going to get benched when he throws his 11th interception against them in the rematch and everyone points and laughs at him and daltos gets really weird about his mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

defaultluser posted:

I know I' asking too much here from the Professional Worrier (TM), but you should stop worrying about the Bengals. Almost every year they win the division is because they SWEPT the division, and then stumble their way through four-five other close games with lovely teams.

Marvin Lewis is a one-trick pony, with absolutely no flexibility. It's the reason he hasn't won a single playoff game in fifteen years. even though he's has seven trips with two different quarterbacks.

He builds his teams to beat the AFC North, nothing more.

Also, he''s not sweeping the north this year. Both we a Cicy will be 5-1 at the end of he season. Joe was rusty after having a easy first game, and Green got THREE TDs because Jimmy Smith earned himself a 4-game vacation. Both of he above will be solved by Next Week.

kawa isnt talking about records in this year or success. he cares about lifetime records vs teams, he gets real mad and starts screaming fire harbaugh if some matchups fall below .500 lifetime. like if the ravens won the superbowl 5 times in a row but somehow lost to the r*dsk*ns 5 times in that span he would want the entire team burnt to the ground

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

defaultluser posted:

I know I' asking too much here from the Professional Worrier (TM), but you should stop worrying about the Bengals. Almost every year they win the division is because they SWEPT the division, and then stumble their way through four-five other close games with lovely teams.

Marvin Lewis is a one-trick pony, with absolutely no flexibility. It's the reason he hasn't won a single playoff game in fifteen years. even though he's has seven trips with two different quarterbacks.

He builds his teams to beat the AFC North, nothing more.

Also, he''s not sweeping the north this year. Both we a Cicy will be 5-1 at the end of he season. Joe was rusty after having a easy first game, and Green got THREE TDs because Jimmy Smith earned himself a 4-game vacation. Both of he above will be solved by Next Week.

The bengals last swept the North in 2009. Pretty sure that was the first time too. The Bengals absolutely have the Ravens number. Thing is, even our bad years we split y'all, so I don't blame a Ravens fan for thinking we roll the division every other year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bengals are very good and might be the second or third best team in the conference - they're definitely the most complete - and will be one and done against the Jags in the playoffs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals will 100% lose to the Jags but the Jags likely will have a bye.

The Jaguars are our worst match up in the league. We lose that game 11 times out of 10 barring massive catastrophic injury to like the entire Jags D.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i lOVE THE BENGALS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S gOING TO HAPPEN.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i lOVE THE BENGALS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S gOING TO HAPPEN.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

....- and will be one and done against (anyteam usa) in the playoffs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that would be extremely proud-making. the bengals have a much harder schedule than everyone else. congrats to all

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens will lose to the Browns

schmug
May 20, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

sharknado slashfic posted:

i also believe this

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If Browns beat Ravens, Baker has to go on the Lebron mural building.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Browns will go 3-2-1 in the division. blastoff bitch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The browns will lose in our latest heartbreaker and Suggs kills Baker on the field.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I am 80% sure the Ravens will lose to the Browns.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Do you consider penguins birds? If so how do they rank

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Do you consider penguins birds? If so how do they rank

They're birds. And low, because they don't live here where I can see them.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I consider them amphibians, science be damned #flatearth

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The browns will lose in our latest heartbreaker and Suggs kills Baker on the field.

It's this.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Browns are going undefeated from here on out.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

For comparison, the Steelers have a 60-35 record against Cincinnati, not even including playoffs which is two more wins.

Since the AFC North started the Ravens are clearly the third place team in the division in terms of wins within the division. This is mostly due to Cincinnati beating the crap out of us regularly. It's embarrassing.

It's weird that we had a 20-0 shutout there a year ago I hardly even remember that that happened. Like one out of every four years, we are ok in Cincinnati. This is why I dread the idea of the Ravens having a playoff game in Cincinnati, which is in SERIOUS DANGER of occurring this year. I have suspected for years that the Ravens would end the Bengals' playoff win drought under these circumstances. It is very important they do not win the division. But I think they will. And if they do, we can't be the team to play them. This would be disastrous for many reasons: We would get the embarrassment of losing to the Bengals in the playoffs, worsening our record against them overall, and on top of that end our own wildcard position perfection.

For Pittsburgh it's improved, but we keep faltering right when we get near or at .500. We can never take the lead. Of course if you put playoffs in we would need a really dominant stretch to get there. We need to win the next game to offset last year. And then a sweep next year I think puts us ahead for maybe the first time in the history of this series.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 2, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

every ravens fan suffers greatly from little brother disease but to be so advanced that youve contorted yourself into thinking you are the little brother of the bengals? my god its terminal

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll always love the ravens for empowering paul brown and then setting him free to create me, their small half brother. i was happy to see them return to greatness with those super bowls and i hope they win some more of them

schmug
May 20, 2007

you heathen!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally someone who understands reality.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

1-2-13, then?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Sono posted:

1-2-13, then?

i like your style

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the Bengals beat the Ravens in the playoffs I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

I may even take oberst off ignore long enough to mock him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You're username just reminded me of something. Is Tyler Eifert dead?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought his severed foot as a souvenir.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ignoring oberst is throwing half of your 10 dollar investment into this web site into the trash can

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

If the Bengals beat the Ravens in the playoffs I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

I may even take oberst off ignore long enough to mock him.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

ignoring oberst is throwing half of your 10 dollar investment into this web site into the trash can

if i did this i would have never ran the ball inside the 20 in madden

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the theoretical bengals win is that guys personal superbowl and kawas personal 9/11

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everyone knows that the Bengals ever finally win a playoff game the world is going to end in a beautiful Singularity of Bengals wins.

Just wins everywhere wins all the time

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Eifert Posting posted:

Everyone knows that the Bengals ever finally win a playoff game the world is going to end in a beautiful Singularity of Bengals wins.

Just wins everywhere wins all the time

And they finally move above the Browns in longest streak without a playoffs win.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My cousin who just got a licence to practice law was not alive the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

This is why I dread the idea of the Ravens having a playoff game in Cincinnati, which is in SERIOUS DANGER of occurring this year. I have suspected for years that the Ravens would end the Bengals' playoff win drought under these circumstances.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your brain is a treasure.

Truly amazing. Do you have any other suspicions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

the theoretical bengals win is that guys personal superbowl and kawas personal 9/11

THE BENGALS HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL

Seriously though I think Marvin would finally crumble to soupy dust in the gatorade bath