Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

Did Jones make some new comments about his test failures that I missed?

didnt UFC just change that they were going to bury positive test announcements until USADA finished its process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

davidbix posted:

Did Jones make some new comments about his test failures that I missed?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/28/17912174/ufc-mike-winkeljohn-jon-jones-scared-eat-outfear-food-spiked-peds-mma-news

exploded mummy posted:

didnt UFC just change that they were going to bury positive test announcements until USADA finished its process.

Yes:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/29/17916402/ufc-changes-drug-test-policy-wont-announce-failures-until-after-resolution-is-made-mma-news

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 30, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They almost have to do that after the biggest cheater in MMA History Josh Barnett may have been mistakenly suspended after not cheating but I bet he did cheat and just put up a plausible defense.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

They almost have to do that after the biggest cheater in MMA History Josh Barnett may have been mistakenly suspended after not cheating but I bet he did cheat and just put up a plausible defense.

https://twitter.com/FilthyTomLawlor/status/1046425094585634816

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

Shiiiiiiit yeah he's right. I am cishet as all gently caress, but Finn is up there with Paul McGann and young Philip Michael Thomas when it comes to making me question that.

Even when he was young Paul McGann looked like a sock puppet someone left in the dryer for too long

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

finn has a weird face

He kind of looks like how Looney Tunes used to parody Bing Crosby imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bill Burr had a great podcast moment about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2ATZzBuVU

Also has a pretty great standup bit about Ric Flair’s 30 for 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOoxyfFTho4

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i cant find bill burr funny because he seems like a total piece of poo poo 100% of the time

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i think that's part of the appeal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

i think that's part of the appeal

Yeah dudes like him and Joey Diaz are funny because they’re unapologetically lovely humans talking about how they go through life.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan is GOTTEN TO over people criticising Jim Ross.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is this week the other sid crushed car angle?

Man I love the retro reviews

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 1, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

Is this week the other sid crushed car angle?

Man I love the retro reviews

week 1: goldberg has sids car crushed

week 2: sid tries to crush goldbergs car but is outsmarted and crushed his own

week 3: sid comes to the building in a taxi

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dsriggs posted:

Bryan is GOTTEN TO over people criticising Jim Ross.

Ross was actually fine this time, because Kelly, an actually really good broadcaster, did most of the work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

someone made a podcast about Bayley and its amazing

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-kn8es-99b27d

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1047206518431477761

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....so did Dave just say White is killing UFC?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

That's been known since the buyout.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VJeff posted:

most people have been and it's suuuuuper not wrong

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
really UFC under its previously ownership massively overextended themselves to guarantee a sweet buyout deal while exploiting a superhot period with some great breakout stars and pissed off a ton of lower talent

they got the buyout they wanted and it saddled the new owners with a ton of debt so they started making a ton of big money matches to repay it.

also they lost rousey and conor basically hosed off into his own head for a while so they lost their big ppv draws

plus they lost joe silva which meant that the a dude who had a ton of cachet with the fighters and could get great matchups was gone and the fighters are much more mercenary after they took massive paycuts

Dana in the meantime has done absolutely no favors for the company in a lot of time and is still the only major exec to stat on after the WME buyout

So all in all it's just a giant pile of poo poo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm not even touching the new weight cutting, USADA testing, and Jon jones

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they didn't "lose" Joe SIlva, they shitcanned him because the new owners are awful and Dana White did nothing to protect the one dude they couldn't lose.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

they didn't "lose" Joe SIlva, they shitcanned him because the new owners are awful and Dana White did nothing to protect the one dude they couldn't lose.

I always heard that he sold his ownership stake as part of the WME buyout and retired. If he was really forced out I hadn't heard about it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't find any evidence that anyone knows the real story one way or the other so we'll have to wait until the man himself speaks on it, which could be never

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

I always heard that he sold his ownership stake as part of the WME buyout and retired. If he was really forced out I hadn't heard about it.

That's the version I remember Meltzer saying. Joe's job was a young man's job and it is hard to keep replicating the success he had.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah the story I always heard is that he got a decent cut of the sale and retired. It's what Dave reported and he is/was pretty tight with Joe.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1047289376571420672

:drat:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

No they didn't, he made a shitload of money on the sale and retired.

UFC is also obscenely profitable right now and can afford to basically be WWE and not give a poo poo about anything.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
always baffled by the fact that people still think that something has to be good to be doing well

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

always baffled by the fact that people still think that something has to be good to be doing well

but you see, if i don't like it, it cannot be successful

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My favorite thing about dave is that if he said this out loud it would be impossible to tell if it was snark or his autistic tendencies.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

coconono posted:

someone made a podcast about Bayley and its amazing

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-kn8es-99b27d

I find this concept very funny.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress I love this so much.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rare Magic card l00k posted:

but you see, if i don't like it, it cannot be successful
Look. Like this government, the attitude isn't "I don't like it therefore it isn't successful." It's exasperation at the fact that poo poo is super loving awful and the people making it super loving awful continue to experience success.

Capitalism is loving stupid, America isn't a meritocracy, and making money isn't actually a measure of success beyond "I can make money."

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan Alvarez literally used the words "Chris Benoit killed his family" today and I sort of popped I'm sorry everyone.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

really UFC under its previously ownership massively overextended themselves to guarantee a sweet buyout deal while exploiting a superhot period with some great breakout stars and pissed off a ton of lower talent

they got the buyout they wanted and it saddled the new owners with a ton of debt so they started making a ton of big money matches to repay it.

also they lost rousey and conor basically hosed off into his own head for a while so they lost their big ppv draws

plus they lost joe silva which meant that the a dude who had a ton of cachet with the fighters and could get great matchups was gone and the fighters are much more mercenary after they took massive paycuts

Dana in the meantime has done absolutely no favors for the company in a lot of time and is still the only major exec to stat on after the WME buyout

So all in all it's just a giant pile of poo poo.

Even Rogan doesn’t know wtf

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanFromO...00%2Fframe.html

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

The most dastardly crime in the WWE is continuing to have the entire roster listed as independent contractors and paying them peanuts compared to how much value they add to the company

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I know Bryan is a Gen X'er but that he doesn't remember the New Brood vs Edge and Christian series in the TIT leads to the ladder match that gets a standing ovation for both teams and kicked off that entire period leading to the tables match with the Dudleyz at the Rumble where Jeff dives off the stage, the triangle ladder match and in turn the TLCs is a really odd thing to forget. Craig remembers and tries to point it out and Bryan has like no recollection or response to what hes referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
“A fun segment”