Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Leal posted:

Pretty much. My favorite times in Eureka is the weather changing right as I get 9/10 sprites and am told to gently caress off for 3 hours because there is no other sprite at my level.

This is such cool design. They should make the entire leveling experience a story driven version of this for the next loving expansion.

Think about how fun that would be "Oh hey I'm almost level 80 I can do this exdr my friends are all talking about, oh well poo poo it started snowing, best go watch tv"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

ACT Help:

The game isn't giving me pie charts for DPS anymore. I was trying to figure out if this Monk was playing like a dumb dumb or if it was because he was doing al amigo in leveling gear:

I still get regular bar charts for the party, but I don't get individual pie charts.

okay I figured it out

yeah...that's the good stuff....hnnnngggggg

I only leveled monk to 50 but...tornado kick

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

- DRG: 1 - 50, 70 (Pretty decent storyline as a whole.)

Lol, 50-60 is the story of how you're the Worst Teacher Ever isn't it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Renegret posted:

okay I figured it out

yeah...that's the good stuff....hnnnngggggg

I only leveled monk to 50 but...tornado kick

what the gently caress

how on earth does someone tornado kick that much

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
NIN quests are underrated. Jack's dialogue is occasionally the worst thing ever to try and parse, but it's still pretty cool from 1 to 70. Maybe I'm biased. DRK is pretty good except I didn't care about the 50-60 stuff very much.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ninja also has a quest where you handle seagull poop, because I know how much you guys love poop-handling quests.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Saint Freak posted:

Lol, 50-60 is the story of how you're the Worst Teacher Ever isn't it

Pretty much. And then she was never cured of her affliction. :(

Saint Freak posted:

Ninja also has a quest where you handle seagull poop, because I know how much you guys love poop-handling quests.

I'm still sad the cute Roegadyn died.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Goldsmithing is unironically the best job/class quest in the game. It is the only one that is good throughout with no weak point. wvr 1-50 also pretty great, but 50-60 is lousy and 60-70 is a bit too weird, to put it charitably.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Thundarr posted:

Also I want him to teach me how to shoot glowing Xes at people as a tank so I can do that on multiple jobs.

I hope that's the pull move, like Shield Lob.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Goldsmithing is unironically the best job/class quest in the game. It is the only one that is good throughout with no weak point. wvr 1-50 also pretty great, but 50-60 is lousy and 60-70 is a bit too weird, to put it charitably.

Goldsmith 50-60 was legit heartwarming :unsmith:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pretty much. And then she was never cured of her affliction. :(

yeah but that affliction shouldn't be as big of a deal at this point. maybe. i don't think it ever actually explained what it did, but at least it shouldn't mean exile for life from ishgard.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Man I'm gonna have to level all of them aren't I.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bagrada posted:

Welcome to FFXIV.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

bagrada posted:

Do it. DO IT!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Saint Freak posted:

Ninja 60-70 is the worst specifically because no one told jack his plan was loving stupid as hell. WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE JACK

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Ninja 60-70 is the worst specifically because no one told jack his plan was loving stupid as hell. WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE JACK

I just assumed nobody else could understand anything he said either and we just winged it. There was a plan?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I'm still trying to find this darkman chap I'm supposed to be in.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The worst part about the ninja quests is the awful ninja princess. Her put upon servant is good though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
DRK and NIN feel like they have the most cohesive stories, like there's a real arc to them. all the way through.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I felt bad for her servant having to go all the way to Eorzea in the Stormblood quest to look for her.

Also, my favorite Job Quest moment is in the DRG Level 50 quest/ARR post-story: Nidhogg possesses Estinien, so you inexplicably gain DRG armor and dunk on him so hard that he fades from existence. Later on, he just shows up in the MSQ and is like "Yeah, I worked all that Nidhogg stuff out in therapy." And then it's never mentioned again. :allears:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Even if I was to go into Anemos and use these logs to gain level 21/22, it'd still take me forever and a day to solo all this poo poo, wouldn't it?

If by forever and a day you mean about two hours per week for purely solo, then yes. Level 18 enemies melt when you've got 5 materia set to the element that makes them take more damage from you, and don't have to set one foot in Pagos to accomplish that. (The level 20 undead and - if you're lucky - sprites will put up a bit more of a fight but are still pretty quick kills.)

If you can get over the solo bit by dragging along a bored friend or two (or joining some of the many many people in Anemos, who still to this day shout for challenge log groups), you're looking at more like 1 hour for everything but sprites.

It's also helpful to remember for frustration purposes that challenge log is not in fact all or nothing thanks to being individual objectives. You can get 80% of the easy experience from it by doing everything except sprites (which I fully admit are considerably more of a pain in the rear end). Then just consider sprites to be a handy bonus if weather lines up conveniently during your challenge log run, and/or you're spending more time in Eureka than just challenge log anyway.

e: Don't get me wrong, Eureka has many dumb systems I disagree with, but you can still be realistic and objective about "okay so if I'm gonna participate anyway for insert-reason-here, what's a reasonably efficient and non-frustrating use of my time".

Vil fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 3, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MNK 50-60 is basically an old kung fu movie down to the duelling schools storyline.

MCH lets you shoot prissy elves in the face throughout so it's great. 60-70 also has more Hilda.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, poo poo. Now I have to level NIN.
Hot springs are cool and good.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Ibblebibble posted:

MNK 50-60 is basically an old kung fu movie down to the duelling schools storyline.

MCH lets you shoot prissy elves in the face throughout so it's great. 60-70 also has more Hilda.

These "gun" things will never become Masters of the Battlefield :smug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

These "gun" things will never become Masters of the Battlefield :smug:

I mean to be fair it IS a FF game.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't remember much about MCH. The guy's dad is a jerk, the one girl quit and then unquit, and Hilda was there at some point. Of the 4 classes I have at 70, I've gotta rank them at the bottom. This includes PLD.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Stephanivien's dad is a noble and thinks that his son arming commoners is silly until he learns more about his son's convictions. Joye quit because Ishgardian shenanigans attempting to tear apart the guild by setting up an arranged marriage for one of the best shooters. Hilda was there to form a common-born watch for the Stormblood questline.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I am finally free of my own personal hell... I have spent NINE HOURS today trying to get my weekly items from Alphascape, due to the most incredibly awful RNG streak I've ever experienced. :shepface:

And I say that as someone who played a lot of 100% Orange Juice, aka. RNG Fuckery: The Game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I used to say the way the 8-man raid tokens are handled is probably the worst part of the game, but now Eureka exists, so hey.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know what's fun? Literally rolling a 30 on loot 7 times in a row. :suicide:

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Stormblood is on sale for 15.99, UK PSN store.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

/hildy

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Rogue and Ninja are awesome but often get looked over. Jacke is one of my favorite NPCs, though I can respect people hating Thieves' Cant- I loving love talking about swinging my dimber dambers against coves in the darkmans though.

Karasu is a great foil in the Ninja quests, and Oboro is a dork and I like him a lot for his naivety. Seeing the Rogue's guild work with the ninjas in the 60s quest was one of my favorite parts of the job quests, hands down.

Rostnstahl is also great in the MCH quests. Shame MCH is so oft ignored, because he's great, and Hilda's story for Stormblood was also very good.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

ImpAtom posted:

I mean to be fair it IS a FF game.

"Get a load of this loving dingus, his gun ain't even a sword!"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

MCH owns because every single arc ties back to the class struggles within Ishgard before and after a major ground-up reform of the government.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

THM 1-30 was pretty great. BLM 30-50 was eeeeeeehhhhhh. BLM 50-60 was boring but helped flesh out the background a bit. BLM 60-70 was good because Shatotto is great but based on what I'm seeing levelling SMN/SCH I don't know if it'll hold up

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Stormblood's MCH quests are cool by virtue of the fact that you are the best MCH ever (because it's brand new tech) so you're the one blazing the trail for what the hell machinists actually do.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So what are one of the most latency-friendly DPSes to play? I already main a RDM at ilvl 373, but it feels as if whatever I do, even if I try to keep my uptime at 100%, I still do considerably less DPS than I know I'm capable of doing if I put the same amount of work into other jobs. I've been thinking about Summoner but from what I've heard, it is one of the most latency intensive DPS jobs out there.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm over on Jenova and there's a FC whose tag is <GOON> and it makes me double-take every time. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Stalins Moustache posted:

So what are one of the most latency-friendly DPSes to play? I already main a RDM at ilvl 373, but it feels as if whatever I do, even if I try to keep my uptime at 100%, I still do considerably less DPS than I know I'm capable of doing if I put the same amount of work into other jobs. I've been thinking about Summoner but from what I've heard, it is one of the most latency intensive DPS jobs out there.

Latency actually helps black mage a little bit. You never have to double weave, and if you're good a little bit of latency will allow you to clip the end of your cast to move and still get the cast off. I've seen people who are better than me use this to keep almost constant casting uptime while still moving for mechanics. I am not good however so I just stand still and zip around.

Plus, you get flare, so that's a plus.