Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nalesh posted:

I forgot which recent game did this(maybe spiderman?) but I remember an option to turn mash qte's into hold qtes and that should really be standard

That was done as far back as Lord of Shadows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie spending a solid minute asking a question that had a single sentence answer is my favorite thing about the newest episode

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I forgot which recent game did this(maybe spiderman?) but I remember an option to turn mash qte's into hold qtes and that should really be standard

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy did that as well as God of War and Marvel's Spider-Man

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy did that as well as God of War and Marvel's Spider-Man

yeah I think it's just a sony standard to have accessibility options now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh my god I forgot this game existed and it was SO, SO BAD. SO BAD!

I kinda wish the boys would do a one-off for this because just the intro cutscene voices and how Megatron transforms ingame would probably kill them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yIC2-Gt2k&hd=1

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It was a mystery box episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6J-eZKkujk&list=PL57hJfweW_2vTEry_1jpwjXMHgIYkGtnM&index=21

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They should bring Mystery Box back. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mystery Box is dead forever because they don't care enough to play random old games for the hell of it anymore, and because that specific format is Youtube poison.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Really looking forward to that shitstorm

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/AntfishVO/status/1046812500493307905

Another guest this week looks like.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Antfish is the guest!

Pat started watching HxH!

He pisses me off! :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
HxH frontloads its standard shonen bullshit so I'm looking forward to Pat self-justifying his unfounded hatred of a thing he could like yet again.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

At this point I skip most guest episodes. I just dont enjoy them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Unlike 90% of guests, this one is live so he's interrupting the best friends like a regular member.

Also, Antfish has been friends with them for like since way before the channel existed.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He pushed Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. to the boys, so he's the best guest so far.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I know Antfish from the JoJo forums before he started doing Abridged stuff, he's a pretty cool dude yeah. I imagine him fitting in better with these guys more than most guests and they've talked to him at cons a lot since he hangs around with Takahata a lot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Baal posted:

I know Antfish from the JoJo forums before he started doing Abridged stuff, he's a pretty cool dude yeah. I imagine him fitting in better with these guys more than most guests and they've talked to him at cons a lot since he hangs around with Takahata a lot.

However, him actually knowing about JoJo may prove an impediment to talking about JoJo with the Best Friends.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Gathering of the Jogolos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfAjeLQQhJU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It says a lot that it's only AFTER the hour of yelling about poop and starting the game does the DQ11 stream REALLY get weird.

"Who lives in a vagina under the sea? PEACH SA-LI-VA!"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This game seems fuckin' rad and it's only five bucks on Steam. I think I'm going to grab it myself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Last year's Shitstorm OP still cannot be beat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You heard of Second Gig, but now it's time for the Third Strike

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1047270022987636736

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
pat's hunter x hunter tirade on the podcast is like actually lovely to the point where I kind of don't even want to hear his voice for a while now

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what'd he say

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Futaba Anzu posted:

what'd he say

He watched one episode and hates it, talks about how ugly the manga art is which whatever I've never seen HxH I don't have a horse in this race

then when he's told Togashi is chronically ill Pat starts yelling that he should just quit drawing and then calls the series "ugly scribbles from a dying man"

Like it's clearly him playing it up to be a contrarian rear end in a top hat but if that's the poo poo that's coming out of your mouth the difference between playing a character and just being an rear end in a top hat is nil

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He wasn't even told that stuff about the author by anyone else on the podcast, he brought it up himself just so he could take a jab at the guy for being gravely ill I guess?

Every so often he'll say something overly callous or lovely and play it off with a self-aware comment and it's always the worst. Matt will get passive-aggressive and sulk about being called out and Woolie will spend the rest of his life inventing hypothetical scenarios that let him believe he wasn't 100% wrong about something, but they never come off as spiteful the way he can.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still remember the David Hayter thing Pat thing and I try not to think too much about it because people thinking that way about voice actors really loving annoys me.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Captain Baal posted:

I still remember the David Hayter thing Pat thing and I try not to think too much about it because people thinking that way about voice actors really loving annoys me.

I vaguely remember this, but all I remember is that he said something about David Hayter. I don't remember whether it was stupid or not.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Togashi isn’t terminally ill, is he? I don’t think it’s been revealed exactly what he has other than extreme back pain.

Pat’s whole thing about HxH is extra annoying to me because I thought the first couple episodes were underwhelming too, but I trusted the people who said it was good and stuck with it, whereas Pat seems to be distrusting those same people and is watching it just to prove them wrong or something.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wish i had time in my life to watch shows i'm not interested in just out of spite

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
pats a retard

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Togashi has some bad back issues but he's also quite lackadaisical regarding his schedule despite that, which I can't hold against him considering how mangakas are treated overall.

Also Pat is an rear end in a top hat but that's his thing anyway, I just shake my head and go "what an rear end in a top hat" because it's never THAT bad.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

theCalamity posted:

I vaguely remember this, but all I remember is that he said something about David Hayter. I don't remember whether it was stupid or not.

It started off as "Kojima tried to cut him out multiple times, has shown no appreciation for his work and clearly doesn't respect him the way he represents the Japanese voice actor, so why did Hayter still believe it was 'his' character after all this time?" and by the end of the argument it became "lol gently caress actors who feel things about their characters".

A lot of the really bad stuff happens on the podcast because the other guys try to pre-empt his opinions with bad takes that he doesn't even have and then he escalates those imagined takes to be even worse because he just enjoys being a dick. It happens way less without Liam around to dig in, thankfully.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It's great how hard Woolie marks out when Vergil is on screen in the DMC3 LP, and he's in overdrive during this second boss fight

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Togashi has some bad back issues but he's also quite lackadaisical regarding his schedule despite that, which I can't hold against him considering how mangakas are treated overall.

Between the return of HxH meaning the cancellation of another (often fledgling) comic and the impression Chimera Ant arc left as a bunch of self important finger wagging about humanity being the real monster I’m not a fan.

I’m certainly not to the point of pure seething spite Pat’s at but I’ve had stuff I’ve liked be sacrificed to the god king of chicken scratches and it does not feel great.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 3, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, god bless that flesh eating worm in Taco Fun Box's brain that's made him do lore videos on these guys.

Rodyle posted:

It says a lot that it's only AFTER the hour of yelling about poop and starting the game does the DQ11 stream REALLY get weird.

"Who lives in a vagina under the sea? PEACH SA-LI-VA!"

Oh boy, I can't wait for that to get onto youtube. I'm currently addicted to that game RIGHT NOW.

Can't wait for Peach to get confused by all the story. 'Darkspawn? So I'm actually the bad guy?'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 3, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He wasn't even told that stuff about the author by anyone else on the podcast, he brought it up himself just so he could take a jab at the guy for being gravely ill I guess?

Every so often he'll say something overly callous or lovely and play it off with a self-aware comment and it's always the worst. Matt will get passive-aggressive and sulk about being called out and Woolie will spend the rest of his life inventing hypothetical scenarios that let him believe he wasn't 100% wrong about something, but they never come off as spiteful the way he can.
His mantra is Dig Up Stupid rather than say he shouldn't have said something

He also poo poo on one piece's artstyle despite openly enjoying what he saw of the series (up through alabasta iirc) and while the artstyle is certainly stylized, it's not BAD. It's gotten considerably better as the series has gone on, too, outside of the bimbofication of most women in it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The thing to bear in mind about Pat's taste is how much he claimed to love JoJo's while getting pretty much every detail about every character wrong in the Eyes of Heaven LP, to the point where, if I remember right, they had to issue an apology.

Actually watching/reading something to find out if you like it or not does not occur to Pat. If he decides he doesn't like something, nothing will change his mind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is what happens when you give pat too much free time now that they use an editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The thing to bear in mind about Pat's taste is how much he claimed to love JoJo's while getting pretty much every detail about every character wrong in the Eyes of Heaven LP, to the point where, if I remember right, they had to issue an apology.

Actually watching/reading something to find out if you like it or not does not occur to Pat. If he decides he doesn't like something, nothing will change his mind.
woolie extolled, pretty loving vehemently, the greatness of Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and pat still won't watch it because he's a stubborn stubby babyman