Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
If he were charged (long way from that, I know) and didn't do a Polanski, would he have to stay in the US until it's sorted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

big ron tryin' to get a handbeezy

Lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mickolution posted:

If he were charged (long way from that, I know) and didn't do a Polanski, would he have to stay in the US until it's sorted?

Unless he got remanded to custody with no bail or they confiscated his passports (Spanish and Portuguese) as a condition of bail he’d simply post the bail and leave the country. You might even argue he could leave the country without a passport pretty easily on a private jet. I imagine he’d be able to bypass customs back in Spain or Portugal.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Unless he got remanded to custody with no bail or they confiscated his passports (Spanish and Portuguese) as a condition of bail he’d simply post the bail and leave the country. You might even argue he could leave the country without a passport pretty easily on a private jet. I imagine he’d be able to bypass customs back in Spain or Portugal.

Yeah, that's what I mean. If charged, would part of the bail agreement not usually be that you can't leave the country? Naturally, for someone like Ronaldo, it would be difficult for them to hide out as he's so recognisable, but if he were just a regular guy, I would have thought they'd want to keep him in the state/country.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

if that's the case then what's the FIFA ruling on playing with an ankle monitor?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. If charged, would part of the bail agreement not usually be that you can't leave the country? Naturally, for someone like Ronaldo, it would be difficult for them to hide out as he's so recognisable, but if he were just a regular guy, I would have thought they'd want to keep him in the state/country.

If you're skipping bail, you're generally not particular concerned with the terms of the agreement in the first place.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

if that's the case then what's the FIFA ruling on playing with an ankle monitor?

Big Vards has tested this obviously, fine as long as you don't break curfew.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicesters-england-rookie-jamie-vardy-5824505

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Zaodai posted:

If you're skipping bail, you're generally not particular concerned with the terms of the agreement in the first place.

True, what I was really wondering is if he would have to stay in the US if charged until sorted one way or the other. What I mean is, would a charge effectively end his career considering that it can take years for something like this to go to trial?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The chance of him being denied bail is effectively zero.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The chance of him being denied bail is effectively zero.

I know that, but on bail, he'd be legally allowed to leave the country, yeah? Or would he be forced to stay (have his passport taken away) until it's sorted?

Or does that only happen if someone is considered a flight risk?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mickolution posted:

I know that, but on bail, he'd be legally allowed to leave the country, yeah? Or would he be forced to stay (have his passport taken away) until it's sorted?

Or does that only happen if someone is considered a flight risk?

Generally if you're considered a flight risk you're denied bail entirely. I think when you're on bail you're supposed to stay within the State it was issued in? Regardless they'd never straight up deny him bail, even knowing he's a flight risk, because if he flees they can avoid the whole trial and say "hey, it's not our fault, he fled the country and the dastardly bastards in Europe won't extradite him. We did everything we could."

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Nothing's gonna come out of this, just like nothing happened a couple of years ago when this chick popped up the first time and Der Shitgel started reporting on this. Ten years ago she decided to settle whatever this is out of court and got paid a hefty sum for it, now the money has probably run out so she's shopping around the fake story to the highest bidder and the SJWs are eating it right up. No wonder now that the #metoo movement has died out and they need something else to be outraged about. The woman and her lawyers signed a contract ten years ago, now they have decided its null and void (translation: more money please) and are using that as an excuse to violate its terms. Is nothing sacred anymore? Apparently not.
She should be ashamed. And sad that this is how German media has tried to steer the focus away from their WC failure and German players cuddling with foreign dictators, their uncompetitive league that is losing all its viewers, also the rise of the far-right movement in the country. Meanwhile 0 world wars, 0 real world cups and 0 real ballon d'ors, and they're gossiping like women instead of dealing with their very real problems. The next Hitler is right around the corner in that cesspool of a country, and we'll need all the brave men like Ronaldo to bear arms and fight this evil again. I know what side I'll be on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Ron liked beer, still likes beer

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like this Ronaldo guy is innocent to me after reading MBM's post.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Nothing's gonna come out of this, just like nothing happened a couple of years ago when this chick popped up the first time and Der Shitgel started reporting on this. Ten years ago she decided to settle whatever this is out of court and got paid a hefty sum for it, now the money has probably run out so she's shopping around the fake story to the highest bidder and the SJWs are eating it right up. No wonder now that the #metoo movement has died out and they need something else to be outraged about. The woman and her lawyers signed a contract ten years ago, now they have decided its null and void (translation: more money please) and are using that as an excuse to violate its terms. Is nothing sacred anymore? Apparently not.
She should be ashamed. And sad that this is how German media has tried to steer the focus away from their WC failure and German players cuddling with foreign dictators, their uncompetitive league that is losing all its viewers, also the rise of the far-right movement in the country. Meanwhile 0 world wars, 0 real world cups and 0 real ballon d'ors, and they're gossiping like women instead of dealing with their very real problems. The next Hitler is right around the corner in that cesspool of a country, and we'll need all the brave men like Ronaldo to bear arms and fight this evil again. I know what side I'll be on.

Nice meltdown defending your team's rapey former best player.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

cant argue with whatever good point this post presumably makes

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Congrats on making the worst post ever in our cesspool of hate masquerading as a football forum

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

track day bro! posted:

Sounds like this Ronaldo guy is innocent to me after reading MBM's post.

I agree with the bits about germany those emission cheating bastards

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

So the moral of the story is "If you're going to commit rapes, wait until Germany is distracted by another Hitler so they're too busy to narc on you"? :thunk:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Senhor, este é um passeio do McDonald's através

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Well you know what they say - os passoros bebem agua

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

greazeball posted:

Congrats on making the worst post ever in our cesspool of hate masquerading as a football forum

what a twist its actually this post

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ephex posted:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can’t believe that Ronald got so desperate for gay sex that he buttraped a woman.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo what a bad post on so many different levels
The only argument that is amiss from this post is that the woman has 0 ballon d'ors and therefore less trustworthy than Ronald

Also

ephex posted:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

ephex posted:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

ephex posted:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

huehue

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

when you sign a contract about a crime, it is no longer a crime

i looked it up on wikipedia

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/registability/status/1046753849892110338

:hmmyes:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Rg is the best football account on twitter

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

I don't know what this means

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kwagga posted:

It means Ronaldo is a natural genius at penetrating defenses, no matter how prepared you think you are to stop him.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Kwagga posted:

@registability is a crypto-fascist football twitterer

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Ohh 3 goals and 4 assists jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012