Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

every time I die in dark souls it's bullshit and it's the game's fault, not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

romanowski posted:

every time I die in dark souls it's bullshit and it's the game's fault, not mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Your Computer posted:

And if it proves to be too much, the game basically provides a "skip this boss" option with the summoning system so anyone can get through the game.

Just make sure you never admit you've summoned help for a boss, or someone on the Internet will call you a casual and a scrub.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

romanowski posted:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Attestant posted:

Just make sure you never admit you've summoned help for a boss, or someone on the Internet will call you a casual and a scrub.
Oh yeah if there is one thing that isn't exaggerated about Dark Souls it's how lovely the community is :darksouls:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I can't find the BOTW thread so I'll ask here.

I'm current at the Daka Tuss shrine and I can't figure out the puzzle. I assume that I simply take the balls out of the water using freeze tower and then position them so I can stop time and hit them repeatedly so they jump over the wall and into the hole, but they just don't go over the wall. Am I missing something here?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Try using the magnet power

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ELEAGUETV/status/1047239134354558976

eSports!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Heath posted:

if you dash through a door as Zero

why would i want to play the bad not-mega man

I kid, I kid. I'm glad it's still there.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mega Man 11's story is cute and appropriately Saturday morning cartoon. I'm in the first cutscenes but it feels more like a prequel to the originals in terms of the plot. I don't remember any of the other ones having any Dr. Light/Dr. Wily origin story.

Apparently you get something for having played the demo?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

romanowski posted:

But seriously, googling around I'm seeing a lot of reasonable unfairness complaints:

- They had to go back and patch the Anor Londo archers to be easier because the bullshit was too strong

- Bed of Chaos is a RNG-based platforming section out of nowhere

- Kings boss battle is a DPS check, if you don't know that you need to kill them as fast as possible going in to the fight you're guaranteed hosed

- Wrestling with the camera in the Capra Demon fight

- Surprise status effects in ordinary combat, like acid dissolving all your gear, or the first time you're cursed by those fucker things

- Enemy attacks clip through walls, but if you weapon swing hits a wall your attack is interrupted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWbZZslsKqc&t=196s

- and the very next section of the Dunkey video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWbZZslsKqc&t=220s

This is all stuff that I loved every minute of and found endearing, I just think it's fair to warn people coming into the game to have patience and it'll be thoroughly rewarding. I don't buy this "Dark Souls is 100% fair" poo poo, not even remotely.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Heath posted:

Mega Man 11's story is cute and appropriately Saturday morning cartoon. I'm in the first cutscenes but it feels more like a prequel to the originals in terms of the plot. I don't remember any of the other ones having any Dr. Light/Dr. Wily origin story.

Apparently you get something for having played the demo?

I believe it's two energy tanks because at one point I noticed I had more than I should in my run.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it's going to be a chain of poke restaurants. they are very popular right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_(Hawaiian_dish)
poke is yummy and healthy so I hope so

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the only absolute horse poo poo part of dark souls is the part where you need to equip the ring to proceed in the ghost zone, new Londo I think. I don't remember any other bullshit like that in the series that basically requires a guide.

the difficulty in souls is probably the least interesting thing about it. the bosses are very cool, the maps and areas are breathtaking, the shortcut mechanics and navigating around the world give you a very tangible sense of place. the whole darkroot gardens area as basically a big gigantic basement for the castle, and then you go deeper and just keep going... the descent into Hell is comparable only to the original Diablo in my mind

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 3, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gay Horney posted:

the only absolute horse poo poo part of dark souls is the part where you need to equip the ring to proceed in the ghost zone, new Londo I think. I don't remember any other bullshit like that in the series that basically requires a guide.

The cat in the forest tells you about it, IIRC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You need the ring to fight the boss but the game couldn't be any more clear about it without straight up telling you, you need to either be cursed, use a transient curse item or have an occult(?) weapon to damage the ghosts in that area though.
Stuff like that is because Souls games are explicitly designed around the community figuring out stuff instead of doing it all yourself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Souls is the best game series ever, y'all need to buy PS4 to play Bloodborne, the absolute best game made this gen

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Souls is the best game series ever, y'all need to buy PS4 to play Bloodborne, the absolute best game made this gen

Not Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. Claim doesn't check out.

(It was actually a free PSN game some months ago :dance: )

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I made 3 friends! Couch MP report

Overcooked 2 is crazy fun, it has catchy music - not that you'll hear it over someone screaming about doing the dishes or the fire

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is also very fun, lots of shouting. A bit easy

Broforce is also great fun. Bro in Black is the best bro. Fight me if you disagree.

MK8 doesn't need a review.

Ok bye.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am tremendously excited for Diablo3 switch.
It is something I adore already, but being able to take it about with me is even better! :D

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Souls is the best game series ever, y'all need to buy PS4 to play Bloodborne, the absolute best game made this gen ever made

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Video Graves posted:

It is something I adore already, but being able to take it about with me is even better! :D

Same and also Dark Souls for the same reason

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are going physical with Smash Bros instead of digital, and like posters:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1047351629844869120?s=19

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is the other side just a picture of Final Destination?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Bowsette chat was far better than Dork Souls chat

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

jackhunter64 posted:

Bowsette chat was far better than Dork Souls chat

Be the change you want to see in the world.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Takoluka posted:

Is the other side just a picture of Final Destination?

The other side is a Bayonetta/Captain Falcon doujin

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Takoluka posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
There was a little bit chat about Broforce before it dropped, but goddamn amazed that people aren't blowing this poo poo up. What a fantastic and quick game, solo or multi.

And the amount of detail that put into all of the "bros" is truly admirable.

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Video Graves posted:

I've never played Diablo 3 but I played an absolute shitload of 1 and 2 when I was younger - is 3 good offline? I'm interested but honestly extremely unlikely to play online.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I would totally be getting Diablo 3 as my new time-wasting grinder if I hadn't just bought Disgaea 5. You don't have to play online if you just enjoy Numbers Go Up.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al Borland Corpse posted:

The other side is a Bayonetta/Captain Falcon doujin

"No. Show me YOUR moves."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Handsome Wife posted:

I've never played Diablo 3 but I played an absolute shitload of 1 and 2 when I was younger - is 3 good offline? I'm interested but honestly extremely unlikely to play online.

If the genre appeals to you, Diablo 3 will be fine offline. You might not have access to seasons and all the post game content people play through over and over again for some reason, but the singleplayer is beefy as is especially if you can stomach playthroughs with different classes.

Also the console controls are very good unlike the genres awful PC controls.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Last time I played Diablo 3 was around 2 weeks after it first came out on PC, and it's tempting to try it again on Switch to see how it's changed since then but they already got my money once, and I don't want to get fooled again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Licarn posted:

Last time I played Diablo 3 was around 2 weeks after it first came out on PC, and it's tempting to try it again on Switch to see how it's changed since then but they already got my money once, and I don't want to get fooled again.

Goodness, it is a completely different game now. Nothing like that.

Also the console has amazing controls. If you have ever played Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on the Xbox is it like that. No point and clicking and waiting, you control the action like an isometric hack and slasher. It is wonderful fun and the amount of reworked content and addition things is phenomenal.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I took a long weekend off to play Diablo 3 at release and I'm kinda bemused why folk ragged on it so much :shrug: it was fun then and its more fun since

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Just got a Nintendo Switch as a very awesome birthday gift. It's incredible having a portable tablet console that docks seamlessly! So dang cool! I ordered a cool slim case, and a cheap 128GB SD card. Breath of the Wild for $45 seems good too! I'll be occupied with Zelda for the next few weeks or longer, for sure, and I'll check out indie eShop stuff and look for deals on other games.

Maybe Black Friday will have a great Mario Odyssey deal and/or other popular games on sale. What are some of the must-have under-the-radar games?

I'm very excited to have a Switch! It's so cool!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

. What are some of the must-have under-the-radar games?

Hollow Knight is brilliant if you haven't played it on PC

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there a referral string I can add to Amazon links here, for lowtax or something awful? If you buy accessories by clicking a link in the OP, I would like that to support the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hollow Knight is brilliant if you haven't played it on PC

I'm so bad at this game. It harshes my mellow.