Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zev posted:

I use the body fat measuring method where I pinch my gut and tell myself i'm too fat.

Very accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Dum Cumpster posted:

Very accurate.

It has worked for me 100% of the time.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

CheesyDog posted:

But getting dunked in the tank means you can fake putting your hair back and don't have to wash it, which she really enjoys

The doctor puts you in a tank (and I didn’t have to shower).will make you do breathing things. You put your head underwater a few seconds. Not hard at all

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That last guy is the personification of this thread.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

What’s the best way to actually loving KNOW what your adiposity is?

DEXA/water submersion > calipers by a trained professional > tape measure + navy method > anything else

Like anything weight related the best thing is to use the same method (i.e. tape measure) and just do it on the reg so you can track it over time

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Weebly posted:

The doctor puts you in a tank (and I didn’t have to shower).will make you do breathing things. You put your head underwater a few seconds. Not hard at all

Not hard but that vs just laying on a table while a machine does it’s thing is much better and it’s nearly the same price so :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

im The Smartass

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
What'd be the Brad Pit Wannabe of 2018? I want to be like Hemsworth as Thor?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Never skip leg day.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

benzine posted:

What'd be the Brad Pit Wannabe of 2018? I want to be like Hemsworth as Thor?

Zyzz

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

To die young in a sauna on a trip to Thailand, nice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao

https://jezebel.com/ben-affleck-is-buff-1829475146

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m cultivating mass!!!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Say Nothing posted:

Never skip leg day.

Calfs say he didn't but glutes/thighs say he did. I don't know who to believe.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zil posted:

Calfs say he didn't but glutes/thighs say he did. I don't know who to believe.

Leg day: all calf raises.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Mustached Demon posted:

Leg day: all calf raises.

Calf/forearm day 6x a week, get on that Popeye split

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Theres a golf ball sized spider bite or something on my left lat, and from the front it makes my lat look extra swole and wide

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nature's synthol

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Fallows posted:

Theres a golf ball sized spider bite or something on my left lat, and from the front it makes my lat look extra swole and wide

nice

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Got a Dexa scheduled for 3 weeks from now. Shooting for 8% on that date. Luckily I'm married so I don't have to care what girls think. Dual frequency body segmental BIA has me at 9.8%-12.1%. Realistically I have to assume I could be as high as 14%. Worst thing about getting lean is being DYEL with my clothes on.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Lol

Just look in the mirror you dork

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Yuns posted:

Got a Dexa scheduled for 3 weeks from now. Shooting for 8% on that date. Luckily I'm married so I don't have to care what girls think. Dual frequency body segmental BIA has me at 9.8%-12.1%. Realistically I have to assume I could be as high as 14%. Worst thing about getting lean is being DYEL with my clothes on.

Say Nothing posted:

Choose your fighter.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Why would you want to look like any of those not near the bottom?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Clothing for fat people is more expensive and all my money goes into buying more food at the moment.

I'm very well aware that this may be a contradictory statment

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

The best method I've found is to just blend people, then give the slurry a spin in the old centrifuge. You'll be able to measure and compare ratios of the constituent matter at your leisure. "Those numbers won't be of any help to you then", you say? "Well", say I

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
i usually just put on lipstick, tuck dick, and stare in the mirror saying "id gently caress me"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm skipping like 3000 posts just to say I'm back in the gym after ages not being able to go.

I got so fat I literally had to do sumo deads because my stomach got in the way of normal ones.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
It's not perfectly accurate at all, but I think the best way to figure out your body fat without going to a place to do it, is using the navy test and taking as accurate measurements as possible. However even that gets hosed up easy if you have a weird neck. It's at least better than the bioimpedance stuff. My scale tells me I'm like 12.8-13% and I think I'm more like 16 ish. Last time I did navy it said 15.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The thing about the scales measuring BF % is like how could that possibly even work?? Like think about it for a second and realize that the number is almost completely worthless.

At that point you are better off just looking in the mirror :shrug:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I look like hot garbage. What % is that?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Ferret King posted:

I look like hot garbage. What % is that?

Usually 60+%

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Garrand posted:

I'm skipping like 3000 posts just to say I'm back in the gym after ages not being able to go.

I got so fat I literally had to do sumo deads because my stomach got in the way of normal ones.

Bullshit. I got a fat fuckin' belly and conventional is my go-to

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ovenboy posted:

The best method I've found is to just blend people, then give the slurry a spin in the old centrifuge. You'll be able to measure and compare ratios of the constituent matter at your leisure. "Those numbers won't be of any help to you then", you say? "Well", say I

whomst among us

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

what did he say lol

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Probably something political.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost
something chudly apparently

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Killing Loaf posted:

what did he say lol

These posts are great because you’d never hear about the dumb drama otherwise

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

These posts are great because you’d never hear about the dumb drama otherwise

i started laughing as soon as i saw it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Killing Loaf posted:

something chudly apparently

Told you fuckers. Appearing on something called "the art of manliness" means you beat off to cereal or however that works.