Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wait, the FCM Pak something is on sale?

That thing was fun / good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I like the Centurion. Its like the comet but with armour.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4561701#cliff-bhyo-centurion_mk_i

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wait, the FCM Pak something is on sale?

That thing was fun / good, right?

Good scary gun vs anything it faces, relatively decent hull armour against Pz. I C spergs, all topped off with 400m viewrange at Tier III. Base.

Mine's at something like 510m viewrange with binoculars and I've not even finished Recon.

That being said, the engine power is utterly pathetic (91hp) and you won't be surviving many surprise blindside attacks. Once you're spotted you'll probably be focused beyond description by redlining clicker poo poo too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The amount of rocks covered with loving bushes in this game now is too much. Some WG employee must of got a promotion for a simply way to make the game even less fun.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SocketWrench posted:

We just had the E25 on a one day sale. This thing's so pay to win it should have that pasted on every side

I already have it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Good scary gun vs anything it faces, relatively decent hull armour against Pz. I C spergs, all topped off with 400m viewrange at Tier III. Base.

Mine's at something like 510m viewrange with binoculars and I've not even finished Recon.

That being said, the engine power is utterly pathetic (91hp) and you won't be surviving many surprise blindside attacks. Once you're spotted you'll probably be focused beyond description by redlining clicker poo poo too.

No-one tell Hellsau, but I think I might be giving Wargaming some more money :downs:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No-one tell Hellsau, but I think I might be giving Wargaming some more money :downs:

Dude it was like 300 gold at one point, are they selling it for $99?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Dude it was like 300 gold at one point, are they selling it for $99?

Nope! They're selling it for a reasonable price! Sure it's bundled with 4k gold but that's to stop everyone buying it and preventing lower tier battles being flooded with 'em.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

The amount of rocks covered with loving bushes in this game now is too much. Some WG employee must of got a promotion for a simply way to make the game even less fun.

I really wish there was a legal way to get rid of grass / trees / bushes, think the mod for it is considered illegal and you will get banned?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

I really wish there was a legal way to get rid of grass / trees / bushes, think the mod for it is considered illegal and you will get banned?

wait do they actually ban anyone for that or do they just "ban" people, because as far as I know no one here has been banned for cheaty mods, and no one here knows anyone that has been banned for cheaty mods.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Wargaming doesn't have a Warden-style function in their client, so the only way they'd know is if some idiot was posting replays showing illegal mods.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, word around the Russian hack forums is the only thing Wargaming's anti-cheat program checks for is aimbots and it doesn't even do a very good job at that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://i.imgur.com/50Ktq7m.mp4

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I took my IS-6 out for a spin last night, no Defenders in the game so it went okay I guess. I do miss playing the IS-6.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://giant.gfycat.com/AmpleWhiteAdeliepenguin.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/HandmadeCreativeFluke.webm

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I took my IS-6 out for a spin last night, no Defenders in the game so it went okay I guess. I do miss playing the IS-6.

Oh the good old times. I like my IS-6 but I never expect anything great from it these days.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ahahahahah put this in the loving op

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, the FCM 36 Pak40 is a joke, right?

Like, I get how Wargaming is saying "LOL IT'S BALANCED BECAUSE IT'S SLOW AND HAS A NARROW GUN ARC", but this thing has top notch accuracy, basically no aimtime, a good reload, good pen, good damage, good gun depression.

And above loving all: FIFTY PERCENT STATIONARY CAMO AND FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO METERS VIEW RANGE

AT TIER loving THREE?!?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Like, I get how Wargaming is saying "LOL IT'S BALANCED BECAUSE IT'S SLOW AND HAS A NARROW GUN ARC", but this thing has top notch accuracy, basically no aimtime, a good reload, good pen, good damage, good gun depression.

And above loving all: FIFTY PERCENT STATIONARY CAMO AND FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO METERS VIEW RANGE

AT TIER loving THREE?!?

Yeah, that's why they stopped selling it.... :downs:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

AT TIER loving THREE?!?

Hey now, it's not all roses. It can get into a tier 5 match where it's the only tier 3. Oh what's that, the worst matchmaking it can get is against five tier 4s? Oh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A dude in my clan said it doesn't lose camo after firing. I thought they fixed that for all tanks except the E25 because ~reasons~?

/edit:
Oh, it also has 2k dpm and 460 spotting while moving :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 3, 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am an average player.

Nothing wrong with that tank. (Disclaimer, not played it in a while, my crew is that from the Foch155 so 4 skill).

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Maybe 25 matches, and I even have BIA on this loving thing. Jesus.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Check the HE rounds out. You definitely should not fire them as the primary ammo since a lot of tanks at tier 3 and 4 are made out of spaced armor, but going from 110 to 175 damage is quite a boost, and it's enough to oneshot a decent amount of opponents, so carrying 3 or 4 won't be too bad. By the way, 175 damage is enough to oneshot all tier 3 TDs on an average roll....except for the FCM which has the highest HP in class.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Duzzy Funlop posted:

A dude in my clan said it doesn't lose camo after firing. I thought they fixed that for all tanks except the E25 because ~reasons~?

None of the premium TDs from before that change lost the ability, because premiums can never be nerfed. Except sometimes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

None of the premium TDs from before that change lost the ability, because premiums can never be nerfed. Except sometimes.

Yeah, I had no idea when the Pak 40 was introduced. This thing comes with built-in 3k WN8 games on losses, jesus. Score 2 hits, you do your HP's worth in damage. Score 5 hits, 2.5k WN8 game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

This thing is broken as hell

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The Wargaming new player experience.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Just a casual Pak 40 game, nbd

Hope all the new players had a good time.

Just so incredibly broken.
Most of my victories actually lower my average WN8, because you only smoke two tanks on a flank or any established position, but since taking two tanks out is such a big deal for the match balance, you usually can't relocate fast enough to find some more damage. Some of my highest-damage games have actually been my losses, because the enemy is forced to push into me, and you can blatantly abuse your camo and view range.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 3, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welcome to World of Tanks, friend. Now get riggiddy-wrecked with seven other of your teammates by a broken tank on the other team.

/edit:

Just another 1440 game in a tier 3, nbd. Top gun stolen by a 45%er T-127 :mad:

Also,
76% WR after 40 games, and it's rising. I get that it'll have to balance to some lower point eventually, but jesus christ

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 3, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Its so loving slow though.

But lol at the one low tier map where each team spawn at the top of like a fish bowl and as soon as the battle starts your binocs turn on and you spot the entire enemy team and murder them. Is that map still a thing for low tiers?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

is frontline back yet

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Province still exists and it looks like they've reenabled it for higher Tiers I've gotten it in T6s.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

For people who missed out on the FCM's glory days, it used to get tier 3 games on Province. If one team had an FCM, they basically could not lose because 400m view range at tier 3 is ludicrous. If both teams had an FCM, whichever team's FCM fired first would lose, because they'd get spotted back by the opposing FCM, get focused down and then only one team would have an FCM.

Good times.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Q_res posted:

Province still exists and it looks like they've reenabled it for higher Tiers I've gotten it in T6s.

Mittengard is the map I was thinking of, the wiki says its only for tiers 1 & 2 but I distinctly remember getting games on it in my FCM.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
pretty sure mittengard was removed entirely sometime around 1.0

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

These are some loving session stats, jesus christ :stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gone Fashing posted:

pretty sure mittengard was removed entirely sometime around 1.0

Naw it was still in last time I played, and it is terrible.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
whats the deal with the new kanonenjagdpanzer 105? you can replace your old garbage kjpanzer with it for free or something? If thats the case its probably qworth it because thats a steaming pile of garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

whats the deal with the new kanonenjagdpanzer 105? you can replace your old garbage kjpanzer with it for free or something? If thats the case its probably qworth it because thats a steaming pile of garbage

It should be a separate tank.

Crazy accuracy, crazy camo, both moving and stationary. Better gun handling, and it actually packs a punch, as opposed to the regular one.

It's blind as a bat though, I think.

/edit:
270 standard APCR pen at 1500ms shell velocity and 20hp/t for 70kmh is also pretty good. I'd probably get it, but I don't need ANOTHER premium German TD at all

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 3, 2018